Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weeden Most Improved QB in 2013?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Entropy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Weeden Most Improved QB in 2013? Reply with quote

Bucky Brooks thinks so.

Quote:
Given Weeden's strengths as a deep-ball thrower, the marriage with a pair of vertical-pass proponents should yield big results for the Browns. Chudzinski and Turner will craft game plans that routinely feature deep shots off an assortment of play-action fakes designed to lure linebackers and safeties to the line, while exploiting single coverage on talented young receivers Josh Gordon and Greg Little.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214876/article/most-improved-for-2013-brandon-weeden-heads-quarterbacks

Jason LaCanfora, not so much...

LaCanfora says that there is little talent ('besides a few offensive linemen') on the Browns since he believes that Richardson may be inury-prone and Gordon will likely be a wasted draft pick. But LaCanfora does not elaborate on what those things have to do with tale. Also, apparently Davone Bess doesn't exist. LaCanfora says 'Yes, from a personnel standpoint, it really is that bleak'.

He says that Weeden is obviously not the Browns QB of the future, which he attributes to the struggles of his rookie season. And that makes perfect sense to anyone that thinks a rookie QB should thrive in his first year of the WCO with inexperienced players all around him. Too bad for LaCanfora that we’re not all morons.

Thoughts on these two opinons?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not optimist about our team or Weeden, but LaConfora has just taken over for Lombardi as the guy who casts doubts on all the Browns moves simply because it makes good copy and Ohio fans will send the page views threw the roof.

Honestly, the offense suits him so if he's going to achieve its going to be now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Weeden Most Improved QB in 2013? Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Bucky Brooks thinks so.

Quote:
Given Weeden's strengths as a deep-ball thrower, the marriage with a pair of vertical-pass proponents should yield big results for the Browns. Chudzinski and Turner will craft game plans that routinely feature deep shots off an assortment of play-action fakes designed to lure linebackers and safeties to the line, while exploiting single coverage on talented young receivers Josh Gordon and Greg Little.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214876/article/most-improved-for-2013-brandon-weeden-heads-quarterbacks

Jason LaCanfora, not so much...

LaCanfora says that there is little talent ('besides a few offensive linemen') on the Browns since he believes that Richardson may be inury-prone and Gordon will likely be a wasted draft pick. But LaCanfora does not elaborate on what those things have to do with tale. Also, apparently Davone Bess doesn't exist. LaCanfora says 'Yes, from a personnel standpoint, it really is that bleak'.

He says that Weeden is obviously not the Browns QB of the future, which he attributes to the struggles of his rookie season. And that makes perfect sense to anyone that thinks a rookie QB should thrive in his first year of the WCO with inexperienced players all around him. Too bad for LaCanfora that we’re not all morons.

Thoughts on these two opinons?

I think either Weeden or Luck will be the most improved. Doesn't mean either will have the best season of last years batch of rookies, but their climbs will be greater. I think both will add 10-15 points to their QB rating.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
I'm not optimist about our team or Weeden, but LaConfora has just taken over for Lombardi as the guy who casts doubts on all the Browns moves simply because it makes good copy and Ohio fans will send the page views threw the roof.

Honestly, the offense suits him so if he's going to achieve its going to be now.

A tornado did that to my house once.

Relax, I only point out grammar mistakes of those who never make them. Congrats.

It still makes me feel like a big man to do it though Laughing

I think you are right though, just trying to get a rise out of people to be that down on our talent. I may over-evaluate it, but not as much as he is under evaluating it.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

Relax, I only point out grammar mistakes of those who never make them. Congrats.

I think you are right though, just trying to get a rise out of people to be that down on our talent. I may over-evaluate it, but not as much as he is under evaluating it.

I dont know what you mean. When NFL.com posts a bad article about Ohio people literally take roofing tiles and chuck them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

I dont know what you mean. When NFL.com posts a bad article about Ohio people literally take roofing tiles and chuck them.

Yeah, I don't know what Thomas was thinking there.

Also, can I just say 'roofing tiles' a few times?

Roofing Tiles

Roofing Tiles

Thanks! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

Yeah, I don't know what Thomas was thinking there.

Also, can I just say 'roofing tiles' a few times?

Roofing Tiles

Roofing Tiles

Thanks! Very Happy

I have slate roofing tiles.

We skip them on water, too, and watch them eventually sink, like our dreams.
mtmmike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 well first of all weeden will get hurt so less opportunity for him to improve.
2 alex smith syndrome new oc every year kills young qbs.
3 gordon going to take a while to build chemistry.
4 haslam this will enter the lockeroom this will cause everybody to stop focusing on football and talk about jimmy
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
1 well first of all weeden will get hurt so less opportunity for him to improve.
4 haslam this will enter the lockeroom this will cause everybody to stop focusing on football and talk about jimmy

1. Sounds legit. Who else will get hurt? I'm curious.
2. Every year, meaning for 2 years? Didn't seem to hurt guys like Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Joe Flacco, & others.
3. They seemed to have pretty good chemistry last year.
4. No it won't. Haslam will have about zero effect on football this season.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:

I'd rather see some steelers posting in here than you right now... A least they try and bring up valid points...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Bucky Brooks article:

Quote:
Projected 2013 stat line: 59.5 completion percentage, 3,950 passing yards, 28 touchdowns, 13 interceptions.

We would win at least 8 games if those were Weeden's stats.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:

Quote:
Projected 2013 stat line: 59.5 completion percentage, 3,950 passing yards, 28 touchdowns, 13 interceptions.

Agreed

and lol at the post above

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:

Quote:

At least, if our defense plays like it did last year it'll be closer to 10. Heck, that's a better year than Joe Flacco or Eli Manning had last year.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Quote:

At least, if our defense plays like it did last year it'll be closer to 10. Heck, that's a better year than Joe Flacco or Eli Manning had last year.

Hey

Don't you even think about downplaying Joe Flacco.

You will get flamed on around here for that

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
mtmmike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

I'd rather see some steelers posting in here than you right now... A least they try and bring up valid points...

well first of all if i am wrong i say so look at alex smith in his second year under a different condinator.
sorry even experienced qbs have problems with new oc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: