Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 10 Favorite Chiefs Players
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DrewC14


Joined: 10 Jun 2013
Posts: 45
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Top 10 Favorite Chiefs Players Reply with quote

I was on another message board where users were posting their favorite team's top ten favorite players that they HAVE watched. Was intrigued to hear what you guys would say. Here is my list(been a fan since 03):

1. Trent Green
2. Priest Holmes
3. Jamaal Charles
4. Willie Roaf
5. Will Shields
6. Tony Gonzalez
7. Dwayne Bowe
8. Dante Hall
9. Dexter McCluster
10. Larry Johnson
_________________
2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #17 Donnie Avery, WR
Rec:34 rec./524 yards/15.4 AVG/2 TD


Last Week: 2 rec. 17 yards 8.5 AVG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samsel23


Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 3206
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Derrick Thomas
2. Willie Roaf
3. Will Shields
4. Tony G
5. Tamba Hali
6. Derrick Johnson
7. Donnie Edwards
8. Priest Holmes
9. Jerome Woods
10. James Hasty

HM: Dwayne Bowe, Brian Waters, Trent Green
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 3882
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, an actual top 10 in ORDER???


offense:
Priest
Dante
Tony G
Charles
Bowe

DMX
Rison
Shields
Vanover
Gannon
Montana
Green
Thigpen
LJ
Snoop Minnis
Anders
Allen

defense:
DT
N.Smith
Carter

Mighty Mouse
A. Lewis
Cherry
Ross
Hasty
Wesley
D. Edwards
A. Davis
DJ
Saleaumia
Poe
Allen
Houston
Tamba
Berry
Flowers
Carr
Arenas
B. Thompson

Preliminary list off the top of my head...now i'll see if I can even bold 10 fav's from each side. Something like that, hard to narrow it down any more.

Priest, Dante, Charles, Bowe, DT, Neil, Carter, J.Allen, Rison, Tony G, DJ, Flowers, Berry, A. Lewis....nope can't do 10, sorry maybe next time. DT is #1, that's all I know.
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mongo


Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Posts: 770
Location: Englewood CO
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Really, an actual top 10 in ORDER???


offense:
Priest
Dante
Tony G
Charles
Bowe

DMX
Rison
Shields
Vanover
Gannon
Montana
Green
Thigpen
LJ
Snoop Minnis
Anders
Allen

defense:
DT
N.Smith
Carter

Mighty Mouse
A. Lewis
Cherry
Ross
Hasty
Wesley
D. Edwards
A. Davis
DJ
Saleaumia
Poe
Allen
Houston
Tamba
Berry
Flowers
Carr
Arenas
B. Thompson

Preliminary list off the top of my head...now i'll see if I can even bold 10 fav's from each side. Something like that, hard to narrow it down any more.

Priest, Dante, Charles, Bowe, DT, Neil, Carter, J.Allen, Rison, Tony G, DJ, Flowers, Berry, A. Lewis....nope can't do 10, sorry maybe next time. DT is #1, that's all I know.


Mighty Mouse? Are you kidding me? I will say had Mark McMillian been taller he would have been a Pro Bowl player.
_________________
IMO - In My Opinion
opinion: a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5741
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems fun,

1. I mean, my name says it all. Derrick Thomas...probably 1-10 really for me.

2. Neil Smith

3. Priest Holmes

4. Joe Montana

5. G.O.A.T.

6. Dan Saleamua

7. DJ

8. Stuntman

9. The Show

10. Freddie Mitchell...er...Andre Rison...er....ok really, I liked Tamarick Vanover a TON. This one could be a lot of players...but even though he was only here a shot while, I'll take the Mustachioed Mulleted man himself. Jared Allen.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 3882
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:


Mighty Mouse? Are you kidding me? I will say had Mark McMillian been taller he would have been a Pro Bowl player.


It's fav's not best, so it can be Matt Cassel if I want Wink
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jimmydee


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 1848
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you're an ole fart like me, it's easy for this list to go well beyond a top 10. So I'll dig a little deeper than the last 20 years and give you my Top 10 list, with a couple of more recent players making it:

Bill Maas, Ed Budde, Christian Okoye, Dan Saleaumua, Otis Taylor, Ed Podolak, Willie Lanier, Joe Montana, Lloyd Burris, Buck Buchannan, Joe Delaney, Steve DeBurg, Jack Rudney.....and about 15 more.

OK....I know its more than 10, but where do you stop. These guys were great players, AND fun to watch. They each brought something special beyond 'good football' on Sundays. The younger guys, DT, Priest Holmes, Eric Berry, etc will get their due, but my old school guys gave me TONS of great Arrowhead memories. Thanks for indulging an ole fart! Wink
_________________
season ticket holder from 1977-92. Personal friends with many retired chiefs. Great times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22789
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the lack of Christian Okoye in this thread disturbing.

1. Derrick Thomas
2. Priest Holmes
3. Christian Okoye
4. Tony Gonzalez
5. Dale Carter
6. Dan Saleamua
7. Trent Green
8. Deron Cherry
9. Jamaal Charles
10. Will Shields
11. Dante Hall
12. Derrick Johnson
13. Willie Roaf
14. Marty Schottenheimer

I had to put Martyball on there. I know it's not a top 10, but 10-14 are all pretty much tied in my mind.
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rumless


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 1517
Location: Chiefs Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel and I's lists are pretty close with a couple exceptions.

1. Derrick Thomas
2. Willie Roaf
3. Will Shields
4. Jamaal Charles
5. Derrick Johnson
6. Priest Holmes
7. Tamba Hali
8. Donnie Edwards
9. Jerome Woods
10. James Hasty

HM: Trent Green, Tony Gonzalez
_________________
[quote="aceinthehouse"]I personally do NOT think Lewis is the Greatest MLBer ever.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5741
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryk, I agree, he's not on my list, but honestly with the exception of the first couple, I could do this list 100 times and I doubt it'd be the same particularly if I stretched it out like you did.

And coaches for me as I haven't been around for a lot of them...but top 2 easy

Martyball and Mr. Vermiel...apparently I can't say his first name.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]


Last edited by DT58_lives_on on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jimmydee


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 1848
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to include coaches you have to include Frank Ganz, special teams coach for a few years. The guys loved him and he was FUN to watch.

Another guy that was fun to watch but didn't stick around long because of "issues" off the field was Phil Cancik, special team LB who would absolutely blow up the first wave of blockers. He was the pure definition of the kama-kazi (sp) guy personified. Played most of one season with a broken arm and didn't report it till AFTER the season. Balistic human being!!!! (Better living thru chemistry) Wink

Anyone else remember him?? Curious.
_________________
season ticket holder from 1977-92. Personal friends with many retired chiefs. Great times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PhillyChief


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 252
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been an active fan since 94 (age 11) so I'll only say players I've actually seen.

1- D.T.
2- Tony G
3- Joe Montana
4- Dante Hall
5- Neil Smith
6- Jamal Charles
7- Will Shields
8- Willie Roaf
9- Dwayne Bowe
10- Dale Carter

If I'm truthful with myself, LJ would be somewhere on the list between 4-6....I just can't bring myself to it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
starbarkc


Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 741
Location: Austin, TX
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Mongo wrote:


Mighty Mouse? Are you kidding me? I will say had Mark McMillian been taller he would have been a Pro Bowl player.


It's fav's not best, so it can be Matt Cassel if I want Wink




McMillan was my favorite when I was a kid. Only Chiefs jersey I've ever owned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 3882
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillyChief wrote:
I've been an active fan since 94 (age 11) so I'll only say players I've actually seen.

1- D.T.
2- Tony G
3- Joe Montana
4- Dante Hall
5- Neil Smith
6- Jamal Charles
7- Will Shields
8- Willie Roaf
9- Dwayne Bowe
10- Dale Carter

If I'm truthful with myself, LJ would be somewhere on the list between 4-6....I just can't bring myself to it.


But not Priest Holmes?
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PhillyChief


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 252
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
PhillyChief wrote:
I've been an active fan since 94 (age 11) so I'll only say players I've actually seen.

1- D.T.
2- Tony G
3- Joe Montana
4- Dante Hall
5- Neil Smith
6- Jamal Charles
7- Will Shields
8- Willie Roaf
9- Dwayne Bowe
10- Dale Carter

If I'm truthful with myself, LJ would be somewhere on the list between 4-6....I just can't bring myself to it.


But not Priest Holmes?


Embarassed No idea how Priest escaped me. I feel obligated to write the man a formal apology. Limiting to ten is WAYYYYYY too difficult. Had to leave off JJ Birden, Vanover, and my number 11 who would def be top 5 if he didn't end up in a Superbowl with the Raiders....one Richard Gannon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group