Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Top 100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: NFL Top 100 Reply with quote

Ed Reed at 18......that's a joke
Andre Johnson at 14 is about right
Carrer marks:
992 catches 13,381 yards 63 TDs
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: NFL Top 100 Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

Arian, anywhere near the top 10 is a bigger joke

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5!?

What a joke. Evil or Very Mad

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
kidnextdoor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: NFL Top 100 Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Arian, anywhere near the top 10 is a bigger joke

He has to be the second best running back in the league, may be top 10 is a slight stretch but he is definatly top 15 or 20....

There is no way that Ed Reed is top 20!! although I hope that I am wrong
texans_uk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole list is a joke, not sure why we are singling out Texans...

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I understand the motivation for the NFL Network putting out this stuff and hyping it like it is meaningful, I think it's an insult to the hardcore NFL fans that will keep the Network viable in the dregs of June/July down time and a credibility killer when their personalities have to debate fabricated "news" like they are on "E!". The way I see it, contrived "lists" are aimed at lightweight consumers of the NFL who are the least likely to pay attention this time of year. If I were programming the NFL Network, I'd use June/July to focus on "next level" analysis with the hardcore NFL fan that may be interested in deeper nuances of the game that don't get attention once the draft is over and before there is actual news to report from camps and pre-season. Instead of focusing on QBs, RBs, WRs, and maybe some pass rushers and corners that get 24/7 attention anyway, why not take June/July to breakdown tape on the grunts on the lines, help us understand why long snappers are important, coach up the fans on things like c-gap, zone blocking, and other items. Let's face it, we qualify as NFL-geek status by virtue of posting on this board, and I think we could agree that we would be much more likely to be debating a show featuring Football Outsiders review of their offensive line rankings which would be enhanced by actual video explaining their systems as well as some airtime for o-lineman who get plenty of attention and dollars from GM's, and are a huge part of draft coverage, but fall into a black hole of coverage once they are in the league and a great block isn't going to register in an in-season highlight package. I think the NFL Network complete misses their opportunity to beat the 4-letter network when they pander to the low denominator stuff like meaningless arbitrary lists, when they own the footage on every snap of football and could separate themselves with meaty NFL content while 4-letter is busy with NBA, MLB, in addition to Soccer and Tennis.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
While I understand the motivation for the NFL Network putting out this stuff and hyping it like it is meaningful, I think it's an insult to the hardcore NFL fans that will keep the Network viable in the dregs of June/July down time and a credibility killer when their personalities have to debate fabricated "news" like they are on "E!". The way I see it, contrived "lists" are aimed at lightweight consumers of the NFL who are the least likely to pay attention this time of year. If I were programming the NFL Network, I'd use June/July to focus on "next level" analysis with the hardcore NFL fan that may be interested in deeper nuances of the game that don't get attention once the draft is over and before there is actual news to report from camps and pre-season. Instead of focusing on QBs, RBs, WRs, and maybe some pass rushers and corners that get 24/7 attention anyway, why not take June/July to breakdown tape on the grunts on the lines, help us understand why long snappers are important, coach up the fans on things like c-gap, zone blocking, and other items. Let's face it, we qualify as NFL-geek status by virtue of posting on this board, and I think we could agree that we would be much more likely to be debating a show featuring Football Outsiders review of their offensive line rankings which would be enhanced by actual video explaining their systems as well as some airtime for o-lineman who get plenty of attention and dollars from GM's, and are a huge part of draft coverage, but fall into a black hole of coverage once they are in the league and a great block isn't going to register in an in-season highlight package. I think the NFL Network complete misses their opportunity to beat the 4-letter network when they pander to the low denominator stuff like meaningless arbitrary lists, when they own the footage on every snap of football and could separate themselves with meaty NFL content while 4-letter is busy with NBA, MLB, in addition to Soccer and Tennis.

Ill take a swing at this.

I agree completely. I'd buy nflnetwork if it meant that I could see some real in depth analysis and breakdown of the not so glorious positions. I recognize we're in the minority but they could be more balanced at the very least. I've tuned out these lists* completely.

*garb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: