Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BFMD 2013: Preseason Power Rankings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: BFMD 2013: Preseason Power Rankings Reply with quote

It's time to do the preseason power rankings for the BFMD rosters. Rather than appointing a panel of judges, let's just do an open ranking and discussion here in this thread.

We want to hear from anyone who has an opinion, but we'd especially like to hear from you if you didn't draft one of the teams. Provide all the feedback you care to give, including a power ranking of all 10 teams. If you were one of the participants, rank all the teams except for your own, again providing all the feedback you care to give.

The Roster Thread is stickied at the top of the main forum page.

Go.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.

Last edited by ReggieCamp on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: BFMD 2013: Preseason Power Rankings Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
It's time to do the preseason power rankings for the BFMD rosters. Rather than appointing a panel of judges, let's just do an open ranking and discussion here in this thread.

We want to hear from anyone who has an opinion, but we'd especially like to hear from you if you didn't draft one of the teams. Provide all the feedback you care to give, including a power ranking of all 10 teams. If you were one of the participants, rank all the teams except for your own, again providing all the feedback you care to give.

The Roster Thread is stickied at the top of the main forum page.

Go.

Here goes nothing.

I'd rather do this later so I could change my ratings to go against the teams that have the best ratings making it better for my team, but since I'm going first I guess I may as well do it as honest as i can.

I'm no expert, and my system isn't perfect, but hopefully once everyone participates in the judging it will even out and the best team will win.

I ranked each team from 1-9 in 8 categories. I combined some positions to try to even out the affect that each category has on the overall team. Since I didn't word that very well, I will give an example. I combined FB with RB to make it one collective group. I can't give a team a 9 for having the best fullback and give another team a 9 for the best QB, they don't have the same value.

I will not post each score from each category because I don't want to have to defend every decision I made. These rankings are final, and while you may dispute anything you want, it won't change the scores I have given.

To those that finished at the bottom, don't hold it against our team if/when you rank, your team is great and would win the superbowl, its just how my rankings placed you. I will give team strengths as I run down my power rankings.

#9. Team Dolan. Finishing only one point behind 8th place, so this really could have went either way.
Team strengths: Greatest collection of WR/TE's, even with having Hernandez as part of the group. Great defensive line.

#8. Cleveland Steamers. This team looks stronger on defense than offense on my ranking sheet.
Team Strengths: Great collection of WR/TE's and LB's.

#7. Superkaliwhatever. Very solid team overall. 3 points away from jumping 3 spots to 4th place.
Team strengths: Best offensive line in the league. Great stable of running backs.

#6. Bra/Sdr/HAD. One point away from being in 5th, two points away from 4th.
Team strengths: Elite group of WR/TE's and LB's.

#5. Drunk Jimmies. If I included intangibles, this team may have had the most, but I didn't.
Team Strengths: QB and Coaching/Special teams. That right there is a recipe for winning.

#4. Train Wrecks. Offensive juggernaut if they get good QB play.
Team strengths: Top collection of RB/FB and a studly defensive line.

#3. PMK and Co. The top three teams all had great scores, this team is very stout on defense.
Team strengths: Defensive line, Secondary and QB.

#2. Hornypimppounders. Another great defensive team with strong coaching and a stud QB.
Team strengths: Top secondary and coaching/special teams and an elite QB.

#1. Team Fear the elf. This is the only team to finish in the top half of every single category. With the scoring as tight as it is from top to bottom of my ranking system, the gap from 1st to 2nd is large enough to call it a mild blowout.
Team strengths: Top LB crew, Great RB/FB, Offensive line and secondary.

Last edited by Thomas5737 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Braylon4MVP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post my power rankings and some brief thoughts a little later.

John Frusciante FTW
Red Hot Chili Peppers FTW
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: BFMD 2013: Preseason Power Rankings Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:

#9. Team Dolan. Finishing only one point behind 8th place, so this really could have went either way.
Team strengths: Greatest collection of WR/TE's, even with having Hernandez as part of the group. Great defensive line.

I think we've got a bit of a mix up. Not only is my team the greatest, but we don't have Hernandez.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: BFMD 2013: Preseason Power Rankings Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

I think we've got a bit of a mix up. Not only is my team the greatest, but we don't have Hernandez.

I was mistaken about Hernandez, he was with the 2nd highest scoring WR/TE combo. I remember thinking it was the top group, I was mistaken. The rankings were completed prior to my failed analysis, they stay the same. Crying or Very sad
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. HornyPimpPounders--All around solid team with great depth. The WR core is pretty weak with the Crabtree injury and the offensive line hurt the team's total score though. As do the returning teams use of only rookies.

2. Druncle Jimmies--I'm a big fan of this team's offense. Points are definitely getting put up. However, the defensive talent is a bit bland. Also, I think a few reaches on Browns players marred an otherwise excellent draft. T-Rich is still unproven and Haden is excellent, but as we all know, not the kind of guy who can be the face of a defense.

3. FearTheElf & Co.--Big names abound on this team, especially on D. The scheme versatility on D is a big strength, but I'm wary of ranking them higher. If Cowboys Ratliff and Lee have a great year and the safeties hold up with age, this team is bananas.

4. PMK/MBTL--The dynamic trip QB look will no doubt be a force to be reckoned with. I love the innovation, but the team's depth is compromised no doubt. The DL is sick though.

5. Flathomasters--Great skill offensively, but a team that doesn't grade oiut as highly because of an aging and injury-prone D.

6. Train Wrecks--This team's option game is guaranteed nasty, but serves to be the only wow factor on the offensive side of the ball. Also has a very stout DL.

7. SuperKalukaFragiLiciousExpialiDocious--Another team that suffers from a lack of star power. A bunch of very solid players on offense and defensive, but very few standout players.

8. Cleveland Steamers--Love the RB and WR depth, otherwise this team is a bit lacking on the star power factor. I'm not all that impressed with the defense aside from Aldon Smith.

9. Braylon4MVP/sdrawkcab321/HADEN4PREZIDENT--The defensive scheme is the biggest hindrance on this squad. Whereas other team's picked players that can no doubt play in either D, this team went for a more complicated system of selecting players built only for the 3-4 or 4-3.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think us having Hernandez adds a bit if street cred. There for we should win. As for our defense we will run a base 3-4 with the occasional 4-3 thrown in.
fatpig

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damnit people. i don't want this to die but i am terrible lazy.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we just draft again? That was the fun part
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Can we just draft again? That was the fun part

lol

that is all

mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to think it terms of weaknesses. In the NFL, teams are great at finding your weak spots and exploiting them. So I tried to look at whether a team's strengths out-weighed its inherent weaknesses. This is just an evaluation, I'll rank them in a few minutes.

Team Dolan: I love Russ Wilson, but he's probably one of the 2-3 worst starters of everyone here. GREAT receivers, a decent O-line, a D-line with a ton of talent, but a few guys whose fit I question, decent LB's and a secondary I don't like very much. Overall a very balanced team, but it's balanced at meh level. Only one unit on the team I have to game plan around.

PMK's Night of a Thousand QB's - I like the original thinking, but there's just no good way to play 4 QBs at once. And because you were trying for a run option attack, your wideouts pretty much stink. Taking a raw, rookie OT doesn't do much for the line, love your DTs but not a fan of the LBs behind them.

Steamers - Love the WR core and LB starters, hate the QBs, the 2/3 of your RBs being injury prone, the interior O-line, and the 3-4 D-line with only 4 linemen.

Drunk Jimmies - I'm worried about Brady not living up to the pick with his lack of weapons. You have no traditional RB on the roster if T-rich gets injured/to spell him. You took a power run blocking OC and drafted half your linemen from a zone scheme, could be fine or could back fire. Your D-line while it would be solid in real life, is probably the worst in the league for this star studded thing. Really your whole D is extremely underwhelming in general considering I wasn't in love with your O.

FearTheElf - Solid but very unspectacular QBs, same for skill players, I like the O-line if they stay healthy, really fantastic D-line, hate having 4 of your 6 LBs be primarily pass rushers, really don't like it for a real life game, underwhelming secondary with two safeties who are ready to break down.

Flathomasters - Great qb play, solid (if slightly injury prone) rbs, good mix of skills in the WR core, AWESOME TE's if Gronk gets healthy, decent O-line, not a huge fan of the d-line but it's not terrible, Much like FTE I don't like 3 pass rushers out of your 6 LBs in a 4-3, solid secondary and S/T.

B/SD/H4P - QB's are fine IF RG3 stays healthy, RB meh, WR meh, TE one good one ouch, very nice OL but the utter lack of depth (0 O'line outside of starters) is terrifying. Not a fan of the DL, solid but not great LBs (outside of Willis), not a huge fan of your secondary.

HPP - Good QB who's 37 with two bad backups, great RBs, pretty meh WRs, barely decent TE's, Solid O-line, very good D-line, very good LB's, GREAT secondary. I'm not in love with the offense but I really like the D and coaches.

Trainwrecks - Very intriguing QBs, EXCELLENT RBs, good WRs, solid O-line (couple ?s but good overall), okay D-line, decent LBs, don't like the secondary at all, decent coaches.

Kalukalicious - Solid but unspectacular QBs, Very good RBs, Good WRs, best O-line in the league, decent and really versatile TE's, good 3-4 Dline, good 3-4 LBs (very good ILBs, decent OLBs), good but not great secondary, excellent special teams (Legatron!), and a very good coaching staff (Harbaugh and Horton).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order from worst to first:

Steamers

Drunk Jimmies

PMK's QB Horrors

Team Dolan

B/SD/H4P

FearTehElf

Flathomasters

HPP

Trainwrecks

If I was rating us as well I'd probably put us in between FTE and Flatho.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:

Steamers

Drunk Jimmies

PMK's QB Horrors

Team Dolan

B/SD/H4P

FearTehElf

Flathomasters

HPP

Trainwrecks

2nd last???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

Evil or Very Mad

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
malibuspeedrace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:

Steamers

Drunk Jimmies

PMK's QB Horrors

Team Dolan

B/SD/H4P

FearTehElf

Flathomasters

HPP

Trainwrecks

Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
Arrow In order from worst to first:

Steamers

Drunk Jimmies

PMK's QB Horrors

Team Dolan

B/SD/H4P

FearTehElf

Flathomasters

HPP

Trainwrecks

2nd last???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: