Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions sign former Bears DL Israel Idonije to 1-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmudd wrote:
Pff seems to be a big fan of his and like the signing says uts a slam dunk here an intersting artical

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/6/26/4466596/israel-idonije-detroit-lions

PFF is notoriously horrible with their stuff and often shunned when it comes to anything football related around here

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How on earth could this guy be considered camp fodder when he was very productive on a really good Bears defense last year?
stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
dmudd wrote:
Pff seems to be a big fan of his and like the signing says uts a slam dunk here an intersting artical

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/6/26/4466596/israel-idonije-detroit-lions

PFF is notoriously horrible with their stuff and often shunned when it comes to anything football related around here
Just as many posters respect what they have to say, as those who shun what they have to say.

It's just more ammunition for the bigger picture which isn't a bad thing as long as you keep it in context.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Bears fan I think it's a good signing for you guys. He's a high character over achiever. He's a fan favorite and a really nice guy so fans tend to overrate him but I doubt he's a camp fodder. He should definitely make a roster. He's not an every down player but he should be a good mentor for Ansah. He's kind of the opposite of Jones. Jones is better at UT and can play DE while Idonije should play DE but has played some DT. He's not going to be a consistent stat sheet padder but he's a good rotation player. Was also a standout STer for a while but I dont know if he still has that in him. He's played at 270 and all the way up to 310+ so you have options with him.
Donnybighorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
ChronicLionFevr wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
I guess I just have a hard time understanding how a player that is likely camp fodder is doing all this good. How it means we are "addressing issues on the line" or however you put it.

To each his own.

Everybody on the forum and in the media and PFF thinks he's good, but you claim he's camp fodder, what's that say?

Says you need to learn how to read or listen or something. Because it definitely isn't everyone and I certainly am not the only one that doesn't believe he will stick.

Keep drinking the kool aid brother. It's good for you.
I think it's a great signing! 96 tackles 55 solo 17.5 sacks MVP and defensive player of the year! How bout that mr smarty pants

Ive never read more of a negative poster on the internet... be positive or get the hell off the web...hater

You're cool.

So drink the kool aid or get off your block?

How about, learn to be realistic or real life will kick you in the donkey?

The worst part is you clearly haven't read many of my 30k+ posts, because I am not negative. But your post is absolutely horrid for the site.

You're horrid.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit Lions' Israel Idonije already looking forward to playing former team Chicago Bears

Quote:
He is deliberate in his thought and his words, and - as is becoming more and more apparent - he was extremely deliberate in his choice to join the Detroit Lions defense.

"Just after Chicago kind of moved off the radar for the team for us to go with, Detroit just seemed like a great fit," Idonije told NFL AM Tuesday morning. "Six games out of the year, I'm going to play teams that I'm very familiar with. The defense, the style of defense, is the same style - an attacking style of defense. And then when you start to look at the talent pool that they have defensively and the guys that I'll be lining up with, it really was a perfect fit.

"From across the line to the offense to the weapons that they have there, it just is a great opportunity and really something I'm looking forward to."

Quote:
"I wake up the same way when I play the Cleveland Browns," he said. "I was with them for a quick second my first year. Till this day, whenever I play the Browns, I make sure that they remember that once upon a time, I was a Brown."

Tha Franchise

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can anyone not love this signing?

II-48 tackles 7.5 sacks for 68 yards lost

Avril- 35 tackles 9.5 sacks for 61 yards lost

By the way, Avril had 20 hurries beyond his 9.5 sacks, and II had 51 hurries on top of his 7.5 sacks. He had more tackles, affected more plays, and accounted for more yards lost last year.

We are paying the league minimum on a 1 year. He is younger and has far less tread than when we brought KVB here 3 years ago. He has lost some 25-30 pounds over what he played at 3-4 years ago. Stout against the run. Knowledge of divisional foe, and pretty productive gainst the pass for a LDE.

Jones/Suh/Fairley/Idonije on run downs

Ziggy and Young rotate at RDE
II and Jones at LDE

Suh and Fairley own the middle and Mosley to rotate in.

If Ansah is even a 7-9 sack guy, then we re bigger, stronger, faster and better against the run along the DL than we have been in memory.

Ansah- 8 sacks
II- 6.5 sacks
Jones- 5 sacks
Young- 3.5 sacks

Suh- 7 sacks
Fairley- 5.5 sacks
Mosley- 1.5 sacks

37 sacks DL

5 sacks LB
4 sacks DB

46 sacks total for about 5th in the league I predict
YlionsY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to play for the Lions, talented, and motivated?

Love it.
TheMantobeat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's canadian

2013 Adopt-A-Lion: #26 FS Louis Delmas: 16 Ts 2 Ints
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha Franchise wrote:

If Ansah is even a 7-9 sack guy, t

Are you saying this as if 7-9 is worst case for Ansah?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Tha Franchise wrote:

IMO worst case =see Gholston, William OSU. Kind of different scenario because to this day I think he would have thrived in the correct system, but the comparison is somewhat valid and the results for worst case scenario pretty equal.

I don't think the Lions will give Ansah a chance to sit on the bench and rot like NYJ did though. Ansah will play for better or worse.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Tha Franchise wrote:

IMO worst case =see Gholston, William OSU. Kind of different scenario because to this day I think he would have thrived in the correct system, but the comparison is somewhat valid and the results for worst case scenario pretty equal.

I don't think the Lions will give Ansah a chance to sit on the bench and rot like NYJ did though. Ansah will play for better or worse.

I agree he plays and a lot. I just do not see 7-9 as worst case for him. I think that is more best case.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: