Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions sign former Bears DL Israel Idonije to 1-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LionsFan#1Pick


Joined: 24 Nov 2006
Posts: 1350
Location: Central Michigan University
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much animosity over a mid-June depth signing. Laughing There is literally no downside taking a flier on the guy. II isn't a world beater by any means, but should provide quality depth and position versatility. If he doesn't work out, cut him and you've lost nothing. Nothing wrong with that and nothing to get worked up about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
38andy38


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 2931
Location: A BlueQuickSilver Sig
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The concentration on replacing departed D Linemen with bigger bodies that have some run stopping experience/ability tells me the staff are looking to stop being in the background shots of AP's (for example) highlight reels.

A signing that makes sense especially since the price must have been right.
_________________


2013 Adopt A Lion - Reggie Bush
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OnlikeNdamukong


Joined: 30 Jan 2011
Posts: 138
Location: IL
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
ChronicLionFevr wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
I guess I just have a hard time understanding how a player that is likely camp fodder is doing all this good. How it means we are "addressing issues on the line" or however you put it.

To each his own.


Everybody on the forum and in the media and PFF thinks he's good, but you claim he's camp fodder, what's that say?

Says you need to learn how to read or listen or something. Because it definitely isn't everyone and I certainly am not the only one that doesn't believe he will stick.

Keep drinking the kool aid brother. It's good for you.



Haven't we all been drinking the kool aid???? If you are a Lions fan in 2013 you have been drinking the kool aid. I can tell you one thing im not doing, is getting fired up about a signing that will either be good for the team or will not matter becuase we will cut him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheROARisBACK


Joined: 22 Jan 2011
Posts: 3451
Location: Motor City
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really struggling to see where Ronnell fits in their plans with them going out and getting 2 DE's in draft and 2 more via F/A. Along with resigning Willie Young as well. All of them are big and athletic which is what the staff seems to value now.
_________________
Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18154
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
Take PFF for what it's worth, but Idonije played 55+ snaps in every game last year and never graded out worse than a -0.8 with 12 games being a positive grade.

He's also 32 years old and we saw how quickly KVB dropped off.


He can play DT as well as DE, so that helps the depth situation with a few of the guys being able to be moved around quite a bit.

He's a nice stop gap player while the Lions are able to bring Ansah along and take some of the pressure off of him. It'll allow everyone to stay fresh and the point that a lot of you guys are over looking... it takes a guy off the Bears who has been a pretty solid option for them. He comes from a pretty darn good defense and it's a defense that has always been productive. I think he can add a lot to the Lions.
_________________


Team Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DetroitPride26


Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 1502
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
ChronicLionFevr wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
I guess I just have a hard time understanding how a player that is likely camp fodder is doing all this good. How it means we are "addressing issues on the line" or however you put it.

To each his own.


Everybody on the forum and in the media and PFF thinks he's good, but you claim he's camp fodder, what's that say?

Says you need to learn how to read or listen or something. Because it definitely isn't everyone and I certainly am not the only one that doesn't believe he will stick.

Keep drinking the kool aid brother. It's good for you.


Ive never read more of a negative poster on the internet... be positive or get the hell off the web...hater
_________________
Lions 2014: To A Better Year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 34410
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
ChronicLionFevr wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
I guess I just have a hard time understanding how a player that is likely camp fodder is doing all this good. How it means we are "addressing issues on the line" or however you put it.

To each his own.


Everybody on the forum and in the media and PFF thinks he's good, but you claim he's camp fodder, what's that say?

Says you need to learn how to read or listen or something. Because it definitely isn't everyone and I certainly am not the only one that doesn't believe he will stick.

Keep drinking the kool aid brother. It's good for you.


Ive never read more of a negative poster on the internet... be positive or get the hell off the web...hater

You're cool.

So drink the kool aid or get off your block?

How about, learn to be realistic or real life will kick you in the donkey?

The worst part is you clearly haven't read many of my 30k+ posts, because I am not negative. But your post is absolutely horrid for the site.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DetroitPride26


Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 1502
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
ChronicLionFevr wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
I guess I just have a hard time understanding how a player that is likely camp fodder is doing all this good. How it means we are "addressing issues on the line" or however you put it.

To each his own.


Everybody on the forum and in the media and PFF thinks he's good, but you claim he's camp fodder, what's that say?

Says you need to learn how to read or listen or something. Because it definitely isn't everyone and I certainly am not the only one that doesn't believe he will stick.

Keep drinking the kool aid brother. It's good for you.


Ive never read more of a negative poster on the internet... be positive or get the hell off the web...hater

You're cool.

So drink the kool aid or get off your block?

How about, learn to be realistic or real life will kick you in the donkey?

The worst part is you clearly haven't read many of my 30k+ posts, because I am not negative. But your post is absolutely horrid for the site.


You're horrid.
_________________
Lions 2014: To A Better Year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 34410
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
ChronicLionFevr wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
I guess I just have a hard time understanding how a player that is likely camp fodder is doing all this good. How it means we are "addressing issues on the line" or however you put it.

To each his own.


Everybody on the forum and in the media and PFF thinks he's good, but you claim he's camp fodder, what's that say?

Says you need to learn how to read or listen or something. Because it definitely isn't everyone and I certainly am not the only one that doesn't believe he will stick.

Keep drinking the kool aid brother. It's good for you.


Ive never read more of a negative poster on the internet... be positive or get the hell off the web...hater

You're cool.

So drink the kool aid or get off your block?

How about, learn to be realistic or real life will kick you in the donkey?

The worst part is you clearly haven't read many of my 30k+ posts, because I am not negative. But your post is absolutely horrid for the site.


You're horrid.

You resort to personal attacks twice in 2 posts, and I have the problem?

GL in life brother.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DetroitPride26


Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 1502
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
ChronicLionFevr wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
I guess I just have a hard time understanding how a player that is likely camp fodder is doing all this good. How it means we are "addressing issues on the line" or however you put it.

To each his own.


Everybody on the forum and in the media and PFF thinks he's good, but you claim he's camp fodder, what's that say?

Says you need to learn how to read or listen or something. Because it definitely isn't everyone and I certainly am not the only one that doesn't believe he will stick.

Keep drinking the kool aid brother. It's good for you.


Ive never read more of a negative poster on the internet... be positive or get the hell off the web...hater

You're cool.

So drink the kool aid or get off your block?

How about, learn to be realistic or real life will kick you in the donkey?

The worst part is you clearly haven't read many of my 30k+ posts, because I am not negative. But your post is absolutely horrid for the site.


You're horrid.

You resort to personal attacks twice in 2 posts, and I have the problem?

GL in life brother.


Nothing personal..just dont like you is all
_________________
Lions 2014: To A Better Year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 34410
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
Nothing personal..just dont like you is all

Myself, like others with a lick of sense, take pride in that fact.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 18714
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both you guys stop. DetroitPride26, please stop with personal attacks. If you don't like the way someone posts, ignore it. Phreak, you know better than to feed it.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15023
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

38andy38 wrote:
The concentration on replacing departed D Linemen with bigger bodies that have some run stopping experience/ability tells me the staff are looking to stop being in the background shots of AP's (for example) highlight reels.

A signing that makes sense especially since the price must have been right.
Well Jason Jones has been as bad against the run throughout his entire career, as Avril has been. Israel has been better over the past couple of seasons, but his play against the run in his past has been sketchy.

Mosley is the only addition that is truly an expected improvement against the run, but even that doesn't seem promising unless this coaching staff changes it's philosophy.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Walshy


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 1127
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a great player. I'm not sure why some of you think he isn't very good, last year he was very productive. He may be old, but that doesn't mean he couldn't challenge for a starting spot. He's better than Jason Jones. This isn't a depth signing. Good pickup. I hoped he wouldn't go to a division rival.
_________________

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 47231
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walshy wrote:
He's a great player. I'm not sure why some of you think he isn't very good, last year he was very productive. He may be old, but that doesn't mean he couldn't challenge for a starting spot. He's better than Jason Jones. This isn't a depth signing. Good pickup. I hoped he wouldn't go to a division rival.


I am not hating on the signing but Jason Jones is so severely underrated and I prefer Jones easy but still not bad signing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group