Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions sign former Bears DL Israel Idonije to 1-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LionsFan#1Pick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much animosity over a mid-June depth signing. Laughing There is literally no downside taking a flier on the guy. II isn't a world beater by any means, but should provide quality depth and position versatility. If he doesn't work out, cut him and you've lost nothing. Nothing wrong with that and nothing to get worked up about.
38andy38

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The concentration on replacing departed D Linemen with bigger bodies that have some run stopping experience/ability tells me the staff are looking to stop being in the background shots of AP's (for example) highlight reels.

A signing that makes sense especially since the price must have been right.

2013 Adopt A Lion - Reggie Bush
OnlikeNdamukong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
ChronicLionFevr wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
I guess I just have a hard time understanding how a player that is likely camp fodder is doing all this good. How it means we are "addressing issues on the line" or however you put it.

To each his own.

Everybody on the forum and in the media and PFF thinks he's good, but you claim he's camp fodder, what's that say?

Says you need to learn how to read or listen or something. Because it definitely isn't everyone and I certainly am not the only one that doesn't believe he will stick.

Keep drinking the kool aid brother. It's good for you.

Haven't we all been drinking the kool aid???? If you are a Lions fan in 2013 you have been drinking the kool aid. I can tell you one thing im not doing, is getting fired up about a signing that will either be good for the team or will not matter becuase we will cut him.
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really struggling to see where Ronnell fits in their plans with them going out and getting 2 DE's in draft and 2 more via F/A. Along with resigning Willie Young as well. All of them are big and athletic which is what the staff seems to value now.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
Take PFF for what it's worth, but Idonije played 55+ snaps in every game last year and never graded out worse than a -0.8 with 12 games being a positive grade.

He's also 32 years old and we saw how quickly KVB dropped off.

He can play DT as well as DE, so that helps the depth situation with a few of the guys being able to be moved around quite a bit.

He's a nice stop gap player while the Lions are able to bring Ansah along and take some of the pressure off of him. It'll allow everyone to stay fresh and the point that a lot of you guys are over looking... it takes a guy off the Bears who has been a pretty solid option for them. He comes from a pretty darn good defense and it's a defense that has always been productive. I think he can add a lot to the Lions.

Team Stylish313
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
ChronicLionFevr wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
I guess I just have a hard time understanding how a player that is likely camp fodder is doing all this good. How it means we are "addressing issues on the line" or however you put it.

To each his own.

Everybody on the forum and in the media and PFF thinks he's good, but you claim he's camp fodder, what's that say?

Says you need to learn how to read or listen or something. Because it definitely isn't everyone and I certainly am not the only one that doesn't believe he will stick.

Ive never read more of a negative poster on the internet... be positive or get the hell off the web...hater
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
ChronicLionFevr wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

To each his own.

Ive never read more of a negative poster on the internet... be positive or get the hell off the web...hater

You're cool.

So drink the kool aid or get off your block?

How about, learn to be realistic or real life will kick you in the donkey?

The worst part is you clearly haven't read many of my 30k+ posts, because I am not negative. But your post is absolutely horrid for the site.
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
ChronicLionFevr wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

To each his own.

You're cool.

The worst part is you clearly haven't read many of my 30k+ posts, because I am not negative. But your post is absolutely horrid for the site.

You're horrid.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
ChronicLionFevr wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

To each his own.

You're cool.

You're horrid.

You resort to personal attacks twice in 2 posts, and I have the problem?

GL in life brother.
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
ChronicLionFevr wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

To each his own.

You're cool.

You're horrid.

You resort to personal attacks twice in 2 posts, and I have the problem?

GL in life brother.

Nothing personal..just dont like you is all
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
Nothing personal..just dont like you is all

Myself, like others with a lick of sense, take pride in that fact.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both you guys stop. DetroitPride26, please stop with personal attacks. If you don't like the way someone posts, ignore it. Phreak, you know better than to feed it.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
stylish313

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

38andy38 wrote:
The concentration on replacing departed D Linemen with bigger bodies that have some run stopping experience/ability tells me the staff are looking to stop being in the background shots of AP's (for example) highlight reels.

A signing that makes sense especially since the price must have been right.
Well Jason Jones has been as bad against the run throughout his entire career, as Avril has been. Israel has been better over the past couple of seasons, but his play against the run in his past has been sketchy.

Mosley is the only addition that is truly an expected improvement against the run, but even that doesn't seem promising unless this coaching staff changes it's philosophy.
Walshy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a great player. I'm not sure why some of you think he isn't very good, last year he was very productive. He may be old, but that doesn't mean he couldn't challenge for a starting spot. He's better than Jason Jones. This isn't a depth signing. Good pickup. I hoped he wouldn't go to a division rival.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walshy wrote:
He's a great player. I'm not sure why some of you think he isn't very good, last year he was very productive. He may be old, but that doesn't mean he couldn't challenge for a starting spot. He's better than Jason Jones. This isn't a depth signing. Good pickup. I hoped he wouldn't go to a division rival.

I am not hating on the signing but Jason Jones is so severely underrated and I prefer Jones easy but still not bad signing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: