Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Green Bay's Top 22 for 2013 (#5)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is #5?
Bryan Bulaga
46%
 46%  [ 22 ]
Josh Sitton
25%
 25%  [ 12 ]
Eddie Lacy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jordy Nelson
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
JerMichael Finley
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
James Jones
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ryan Picket
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A.J. Hawk
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Morgan Burnett
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tramon Williams
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sam Shields
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Casey Hayward
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Datone Jones
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 47

badgers0821

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Green Bay's Top 22 for 2013 (#5) Reply with quote

Just as a reminder I will run these polls for one day. If there still is not a clear winner I will run it longer. Vote away!

1. Aaron Rodgers (100%)
2. Clay Matthews (100%)
3. Randall Cobb (48%)
4. B.J. Raji (44%)
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitton is probably the best player up there on that list right now, but in terms of importance and ability moving into 2013, that would be Bulaga all day.
badgers0821

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
Sitton is probably the best player up there on that list right now, but in terms of importance and ability moving into 2013, that would be Bulaga all day.

I agree, and that is the point of this, impact for 2013.
Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitton
193 rush yards, 4 TD's
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would help if the OP would state exactly what we are voting on when each new thread is posted. Are we voting on who is the nth best player on the team? Or the nth most important player to the team's success? The nth player without whom we cannot succeed?

Still a little unclear to me. Thank you.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
badgers0821

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
I think it would help if the OP would state exactly what we are voting on when each new thread is posted. Are we voting on who is the nth best player on the team? Or the nth most important player to the team's success? The nth player without whom we cannot succeed?

I will make sure to put it in the body each time it gets posted. Who will be the "Top 22" players for 2013...who will have the best years...who will break out or who will decline? For example It is imperative for the teams success that X player has a good year.

The nth most important player and the nth player without whom we cannot succeed should be the same player.

Ultimately, who is most important to our teams success...not necessarily a position, but an individual player. So the #1 spot is Rodgers. He is the number one player on our team and it is most imperative that he has a good season. Who are we relying on.

I didn't mean for this to be confusing as to how the voting is going. Since it is a prediction for this coming up year I thought it would have been clear what the voting should be based on, a prediction for the year. Who do we need most to have a good 2013 and who will actually do that.
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:

Everybody brings their own ish to the question imho. For me the question changes after our two undeniable superstars are tagged #1 and #2. Go back to last year's thread and Woodson was ranked way, way higher than he should have been just because he got love for his career and presence. That wasn't wrong, it was just career appreciation for a Hall of Famer.

For me, I sometimes cheat and get the beat going for a player I'd like to see get ranked higher than he might otherwise go. I agree with Bulaga winning the spot right now, but I'm pushing Datone out of the belief that he will make the entire defense better than it was last year.

Long story short, use your own rules, use different rules when you want, and have fun arguing your position.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha!

Figured I'd be the only one to vote for Same Shields, but 4 others did as well.

I feel he's on cusp of eliteness and becoming a stud boundary corner. I hope like hell we extend him early on in the season because it would be somewhat cheaper and it means he's made the gains the staff hoped to see.

He can be a damn good one, and I think he will.
Kal-El

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
ha!

Figured I'd be the only one to vote for Sam Shields, but 4 others did as well.

I feel he's on cusp of eliteness and becoming a stud boundary corner. I hope like hell we extend him early on in the season because it would be somewhat cheaper and it means he's made the gains the staff hoped to see.

co-sign'd. I'd have voted for him last round if it were an option.

Pro-Johnny Footbawl.
Abalow7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
ha!

This!

Packerbacker87 on the SIG ^
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
ha!

Shields is certainly not on the cusp of eliteness. He is on the cusp of being a top 10 CB and a great #1. Elite is thrown around too much on here. The Packers have 2 elite players, Aaron and Clay.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
ha!

I will go back to what this thread was supposed to be about (at least according to the author) when it comes to th Shields argument. If the purpose of this thread is to identify the most important 22 pieces for the Pack going into 2013, not just ability and potential, then Shields needs to get in line a few slots later in this poll. The Pack does not have a good option behind either Bulaga (let's not go back to Newhouse please- there is a reason he is fighting for a spot at RT going into 2013 Laughing ) or Sitton, and they are both very good players that are starters, not just players that have the potential to be very good starters. The Pack does have solid options behind Shields in T-Will, Hayward and House going into 2013.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulaga

Bulaga

Bulaga

He's protecting the blind side of our whole entire FRANCHISE. He's easily my #3.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordy - no brainer

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: