Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FIRST 2014 MOCK OF THE YEAR!!! **6/27 UPDATE**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
Uh, no. Way better players available. Roby, Jackson, Richardson, Nix, Clinton Dix, Van Noy, Tuitt, Coleman. Would all be better.

Ok, if youre going to leave a comment like that at least say who your team is. If you're saying Richardson's available you must be a top 11 pick and I'd say the only ones you could complain about are the controversial ones like Lynch and Murray. My analysis for both are explained a few posts above. They are not deserving of those spots now, but I believe will improve their stock through the season and draft process to be top prospects in the draft. It's too early to say who's better than who with certainty. Seriously, just read my commentary above the mock. Hardly any of the top prospects who were mocked this time of the year ended up being first round picks. The player I have mocked to your team (which I don't know) could very much well be a better prospect than any of the players you mentioned by the end of the season. And in that case, I'm sure you'd be eating your words and jump right on the bandwagon.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big tall WR like Coleman works for me. I would have liked ASJ but he went a pick before.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlanta needs a DT a lot more than a DE. Babineaux, Peters, and Jerry are all free agents.

#JDI

Taysom Hill 2014 Heisman Campaign
Nobody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Uh, no. Way better players available. Roby, Jackson, Richardson, Nix, Clinton Dix, Van Noy, Tuitt, Coleman. Would all be better.

Ok, if youre going to leave a comment like that at least say who your team is. If you're saying Richardson's available you must be a top 11 pick and I'd say the only ones you could complain about are the controversial ones like Lynch and Murray. My analysis for both are explained a few posts above. They are not deserving of those spots now, but I believe will improve their stock through the season and draft process to be top prospects in the draft. It's too early to say who's better than who with certainty. Seriously, just read my commentary above the mock. Hardly any of the top prospects who were mocked this time of the year ended up being first round picks. The player I have mocked to your team (which I don't know) could very much well be a better prospect than any of the players you mentioned by the end of the season. And in that case, I'm sure you'd be eating your words and jump right on the bandwagon.
Uh, sig... Colts. You mad.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Taylor Lewan as top LT so just nitpicking preference over Kouandijo. Right idea for Bills
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drafting 21st and getting ASJ? Perfect for the Bucs. Should put us in prime position to my a big run in 2014

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nix III is a very good selection in this scenario for San Francisco.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
A big tall WR like Coleman works for me. I would have liked ASJ but he went a pick before.

Definitely one of my favorite picks here. I think Coleman would be a stud for the Steelers and would make them strong contenders.

devils1854 wrote:
Atlanta needs a DT a lot more than a DE. Babineaux, Peters, and Jerry are all free agents.

Yeah, I actually knew about that before making this mock and as their #1 priority. I'm sure DT will be the main emphasis for Atlanta in the offseason in F/A and the draft, I just personally couldn't mock Atlanta with a tackle over Jeffcoat baring a healthy season which should naturally coincide with great tape and production. And as a Giants fan, I've learned that there's no such thing as too many pass rushers as it's been the strength of this team the past decade and our 2 SB championships. I think I'm going to add a second round here. I had Ra'Shede Hageman the tackle from Minnesota just outside the first round and could potentially make it to the first. Personally, Will Sutton who tops the DT list for some looks more like a 2nd or 3rd rounder to me. There's this other beast tackle who plays for Cal something Moala, he has hardly any experience playing so far, but a favorite to break out this year and could end up being a first when its all said and done, so I'd keep an eye out for him.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:

Definitely one of my favorite picks here. I think Coleman would be a stud for the Steelers and would make them strong contenders.

He would be a good fit with Antonio Brown and this year's third round pick Markus Wheaton. I doubt that they resign Sanders so Coleman makes sense for them. Plus Roethlisberger hasn't had a big WR since Burress left after his rookie contract. Burress is back but not the same player he once was and might not even make the team. He's definitely a player on my radar for the '14 draft.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with jshowers analysis of Aaron Murray. He's a weak armed QB that is less athletic, smaller version of Ponder. Even Georgia fans down here don't consider him to be more than a career backup in the NFL.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know a lot about Yankey but a college LT should fit the bill, either to put him at LT or RT, that is a good pick and the right idea for Green Bay!
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the Cowboys Jeffcoat, Johnson or C.Richardson.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:

100% agree on this i think we are fine at DE for now as we have loaded up at that position lately in Osi, Biermann, Goodman, Mopanga, Matthews, Massaqiuo. All guys we have taken in the last few drafts im banking their gonna give their drafted guys a chance to step up for a year or 2 atleast.

DT on the other hand we are in big need of as Babs, Peters, Peria are all free agents and we really don't have much else outside of them except a 7th round guy in Travian Roberson. Babs is getting older and Peria is a bust much more than any DE we have right now. So DT is def. a huge need i say Nix III would be an outstanding pick for us there that will help our LB's and younger DE's out alot.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Reid will never draft a LB in the 1st round.

His philosophy is pressure and cover.
It will be a D-lineman or a secondary guy (CB).
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
jshowers wrote:
- Craig Loston is a bit too limited athletically and hampered by injuries to go at #16, let alone be the top safety drafted, ESPECIALLY by St. Louis. They just picked up TJ McDonald, a strong in-the-box safety, so if they are going after a safety early it will be a rangy, ball-hawk type. Clinton-Dix or Ed Reynolds of Stanford would be much better choices there at this point.

Loston is definitely a questionable pick to some coming off as the top safety. As of right now Clinton-Dix is the most productive and top-rated safety, but this is a mock of the 2014 draft, not right now. I think with a healthy season, Loston can build upon last year and potentially raise his stock even higher than former teammate Ed Reid who was taken 18th overall. Loston is actually viewed as a better prospect coming into this year than Ed Reed was last year, so Loston can definitely earn a mid-first grade with an excellent season. I like what I see from him so far, I think he has excellent speed, good size, and hard hitting, and so time will tell if he can follow his old teammate's path to success in the draft process.
Thats all fine and good with Loston and how you want to project him, but that is still completely ignoring his point that he wouldnt fit at all with the Rams. Its already going to be a question how TJ Mac is going to transition to the NFL and is only able to be an in-the-box type guy, and Fisher is high on him, so that means he will be more than a one year tryout. The Rams right now need a Free Safety, and will definitely need one going into next season still. At this point, HaHa Dix is the obvious match with the Rams for one of their First rounders.

As for their other First Round pick, a dynamic DT could be the way to go, But most people are way too hard on Kendall Langford who did exactly what he is supposed to do. So a DT like AJ would be a complete luxury, while we will have a Massive hole at RT. And with a guy like James Hurst sitting there, he would be a better option for the Rams.

The 2 spots that I can all but guarantee will be major needs for the Rams going into the 2014 offseason, Free Safety and Right Tackle. Everything else is yet to be determined, because we have young/unproven guys or potential Cap casualties who are on the roster right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: