You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jason Verrett
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walshy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Jason Verrett Reply with quote

What do you think of him?

I like him a lot.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Jason Verrett Reply with quote

Walshy wrote:
What do you think of him?

I like him a lot.

Me too. He's my favorite cornerback of all the ones I've seen this year. Great anticipation, and tough as nails. Just looks the part on the field.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
datman410

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bounce back the next season after getting destroyed by kendall wright for 3tds in a game.

Dont like him that much, he gets spun around too much at corner. for his height at 5'10 he should be more fluid. The spin around is more acceptable when your that 6'2 corner since your not as fluid as those shorter corners.
jshowers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.

Played most of 2013 with a torn labrum. Will have surgery after pro day.

What a grinder. That toughness to play through injury at a high level is appreciated in the NFL.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Bump.

Played most of 2013 with a torn labrum. Will have surgery after pro day.

What a grinder. That toughness to play through injury at a high level is appreciated in the NFL.

He REALLY impressed me showing up at 191 today, as well as being a legit 5'11"...after reportedly being no bigger than 185 all season, and it looked like he was playing at 175. If he still puts up good numbers, then i may have him as the best CB in the draft...

EDIT: I definitely mis-remembered his numbers or something because he weighed in at 5'9" 189. Still a solid weight, but height is disappointing.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome

Last edited by Duffman57 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingBishop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a dream he was a Bronco. It's way to early for these dreams for me though. One time I had a dream a certain player was a bronco two weeks before the draft and then he was the pick. Just a hint he is a pot head chicken loving kind of folk

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
zacapr22

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really like him that much. I'd take Gilbert, Dennard, Joyner, and Fuller over him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hearing he measured in at 5'9 189 with 30 5/8 arms. If true, that's going to hurt him.
Forge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

organ donor wrote:
I'm hearing he measured in at 5'9 189 with 30 5/8 arms. If true, that's going to hurt him.

May be relegated to the slot, though I'll be honest, if that's the case, it may actually be better for his production; especially depending on what team he goes to. Playing the slot may allow him to play up much more closely in some scheme designs, which would be a big help as he is very good at causing disruptions at the LOS.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
jshowers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verrett will be able to play on the perimeter in any scheme. Can re-route receivers at the line and has excellent man cover skills.
organ donor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
organ donor wrote:

May be relegated to the slot, though I'll be honest, if that's the case, it may actually be better for his production; especially depending on what team he goes to. Playing the slot may allow him to play up much more closely in some scheme designs, which would be a big help as he is very good at causing disruptions at the LOS.

Yeah I was saying somethings similar about him excelling in the slot today. Have to believe his measurables take him out of 1st round consideration though.
zacapr22

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

organ donor wrote:
Forge wrote:
organ donor wrote:

Yeah I was saying somethings similar about him excelling in the slot today. Have to believe his measurables take him out of 1st round consideration though.

I don't think many teams will be drafting him thinking for him to be their true outside corner. I think his skill set allows him to be a tremendous slot corner.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Verrett will be able to play on the perimeter in any scheme. Can re-route receivers at the line and has excellent man cover skills.
the skills are there but the size is so concerning. Almost impossible to properly grade him.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
organ donor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zacapr22 wrote:
organ donor wrote:
Forge wrote:
organ donor wrote:

I don't think many teams will be drafting him thinking for him to be their true outside corner. I think his skill set allows him to be a tremendous slot corner.

Before today he was listed at 5'11 193 which tells is a whole other story. Some had him slotted as a late 1st corner.

Last edited by organ donor on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
jshowers wrote:
the skills are there but the size is so concerning. Almost impossible to properly grade him.

How does he compare to Janoris Jenkins? Jenkins measured in at 5'-10", 193 lbs., 32" arm length, 8-1/4" hand size. I am not a huge fan of sub 5'-11" cornerbacks and admittedly was biased when I started taking a closer look at Verrett and I definitely came away impressed with his physicality and his ability to mirror the receiver in coverage. He is very fluid and flips well off of the line. But he does look like Dexter McCluster at cornerback.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: