Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL News thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Naq


Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Posts: 7873
Location: Westeros
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoWww wrote:
I'm seeing on twitter that Wesley Woodyard is visiting Foxboro today.


Hmmm.. Are the Pats looking to move Mayo or Hightower to the Mike then?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23138
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naq wrote:
PoWww wrote:
I'm seeing on twitter that Wesley Woodyard is visiting Foxboro today.


Hmmm.. Are the Pats looking to move Mayo or Hightower to the Mike then?


Isn't it a forgone conclusion one of them (almost certainly Hightower) will be MIKE with Spikes gone?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dhunt2402


Moderator
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 21732
Location: The District
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Naq wrote:
PoWww wrote:
I'm seeing on twitter that Wesley Woodyard is visiting Foxboro today.


Hmmm.. Are the Pats looking to move Mayo or Hightower to the Mike then?


Isn't it a forgone conclusion one of them (almost certainly Hightower) will be MIKE with Spikes gone?


I'd say so, yeah.

Woodyard would be a great #4 LB for us, he's one helluva nickel linebacker.
_________________

Deadpulse on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TomRalph


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 10041
Location: Revis Island
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Naq wrote:
PoWww wrote:
I'm seeing on twitter that Wesley Woodyard is visiting Foxboro today.


Hmmm.. Are the Pats looking to move Mayo or Hightower to the Mike then?


Isn't it a forgone conclusion one of them (almost certainly Hightower) will be MIKE with Spikes gone?


I'd say so, yeah.

Woodyard would be a great #4 LB for us, he's one helluva nickel linebacker.


Last off-season the Broncos fans were really hyping Woodyard. He seemed pretty good whenever I watched then, but all of a sudden he wasn't playing and how he's a FA.

Was he injured or did he play badly towards the end of the season or something? He'd be a great signing IMO. He's still fairly young too IIRC.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 11954
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would assume the interest in Woodyard would be as a nickel linebacker that wouldn't play on early downs. Really solid depth. Not sure why he'd want to come to New England though, unless they offered him a starting role. Not that interested personally, since he's not much of a run stopper.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 11954
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, anyone interested in Owen Daniels on a short term deal? Nice player when he's healthy, which unfortunately is not often. Would fill that number two role nicely, and provide some insurance for Gronk as a legitimate receiving target. The key would be a cheap, incentive laden contract, and if he has multiple suitors, that probably isn't happening.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 46241
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Also, anyone interested in Owen Daniels on a short term deal? Nice player when he's healthy, which unfortunately is not often. Would fill that number two role nicely, and provide some insurance for Gronk as a legitimate receiving target. The key would be a cheap, incentive laden contract, and if he has multiple suitors, that probably isn't happening.
Would much rather have someone who can stay healthy. Scott Chandler would be my preferred FA TE target.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 11954
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Richter wrote:
Also, anyone interested in Owen Daniels on a short term deal? Nice player when he's healthy, which unfortunately is not often. Would fill that number two role nicely, and provide some insurance for Gronk as a legitimate receiving target. The key would be a cheap, incentive laden contract, and if he has multiple suitors, that probably isn't happening.
Would much rather have someone who can stay healthy. Scott Chandler would be my preferred FA TE target.

Chandler is likely going to get a lot more money than people would expect, and he's not exactly the picture of health either. If the timing of Chandler's ACL injury hadn't been late in the season, he and Daniels would likely have a similar number of games played in the past two years. Biggest thing in Chandler's favor is his age, but that's part of the reason I expect him to be overpaid.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23138
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeMarcus Ware to be released. He's old and declining but might be worth a look
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigTimePatsFan9


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 1154
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
DeMarcus Ware to be released. He's old and declining but might be worth a look


Get him on a 2 or 3 year deal with the promise he'll be in the playoffs consistently unlike in Dallas
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sciz


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 15730
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dansby and Whitner to Browns
Arthur Jones to Colts
Bethea to 49ers
Earl Mitchell to Dolphins
McCluster to Titans

(all per ESPN)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 21335
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
DeMarcus Ware to be released. He's old and declining but might be worth a look


Still a true physical freak. Adding him to our defense would be obscene.
_________________
http://i61.tinypic.com/2d27zep.jpg
^credit to whoever made it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 46241
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF trades a 6th round pick for Blaine Gabbert, because... reasons...
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
patsfan25


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 5040
Location: CenCal
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone in the news forum said trade brewing between Bucs, Texans and Patriots. Has to involve Revis and Mallett co.
_________________
On Logan Ryan, pre-draft:
patsfan25 wrote:
Logan Ryan will be the steal of the draft.


Aite,

peace.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Sciz


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 15730
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
Someone in the news forum said trade brewing between Bucs, Texans and Patriots. Has to involve Revis and Mallett co.
The rumor is Texans get Mallett, Bucs get pick 33, and Pats get Revis. There's no way in hell that's happening.

I've also seen it with Carolina and Steve Smith in place of Revis. Still no way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 83 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group