Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions sign former PIT, TEN DB Chris Hope; Cut WR Robiskie
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Lions sign former PIT, TEN DB Chris Hope; Cut WR Robiskie Reply with quote

Quote:
The #Lions have signed veteran safety Chris Hope. The 11-year veteran played in 16 games (4 starts) with Atlanta last season.

http://twitter.com/ttwentyman/statuses/349263981220855808

The Lions also released former Browns 2nd round pick WR Brian Robiskie.

Hope has been a starter for the Steelers and Titans for much of his career and recorded 716 tackles, 39 passes defended and 20 INTs during that time.

He can provide some veteran leadership for the Lions.

Tom Brady Tribute
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, what?

This looks too much like a good move. Must be mistaken, PIT must have signed him. The Lions don't do things like this.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure there is room for him beyond preseason. We have Houston, Slay, Bentley, Greenwood, Green, Bartell, and now Hope. I'm assuming Green might be the odd man out either way, but then Hope and Bartell will be battling for the last spot. It's always good to have competition, but not sure he sticks with us.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Wait, what?

This looks too much like a good move. Must be mistaken, PIT must have signed him. The Lions don't do things like this.

Yea like this move. People still holding out hope for a bunch of no-name young guys I am sure though.

Hope is proven good depth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^

He plays safety.

He could overtake Wendling, Carey, or Spievey, if need be.

detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
^

He plays safety.

Wendling is very underrated because he is solid special teams. Spievey staff likes it seems.

I would say Carey could go for Hope

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Wait, what?

Maybe if it was 4 years ago... He's 33. He's a solid player still but he's no pro-bowler anymore, those days are long gone. The thing that concerns me most about this is it screams Delmas is as good as done.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I'm not sure there is room for him beyond preseason. We have Houston, Slay, Bentley, Greenwood, Green, Bartell, and now Hope. I'm assuming Green might be the odd man out either way, but then Hope and Bartell will be battling for the last spot. It's always good to have competition, but not sure he sticks with us.

hes a saftey, not a corner.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lions on top wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Wait, what?

Maybe if it was 4 years ago... He's 33. He's a solid player still but he's no pro-bowler anymore, those days are long gone. The thing that concerns me most about this is it screams Delmas is as good as done.

Not me. Haven't heard anything about Delmas but I wouldn't be surprised if he passes Spievey or Carey.

Veteran leadership. I think he will be a solid backup and great leader.

Very happy with this signing. I think he sticks and this is a smaller move that has an impact on the field for us.
detroitroar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
^

He plays safety.

Wendling is very underrated because he is solid special teams. Spievey staff likes it seems.

Yeah, but thats all he brings. Wendling is a complete liability in pass coverage and should never see the field other than on ST's.

I like Spievey too, but unless he shows some progression, he could and probably should be the odd man out.

detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
^

He plays safety.

Yeah, but thats all he brings. Wendling is a complete liability in pass coverage and should never see the field other than on ST's.

I like Spievey too, but unless he shows some progression, he could and probably should be the odd man out.

Considering 3 losses were directly because of ST I am fine with a ST ace

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lions on top wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Wait, what?

OK, so why the tone like you disagree with me then? You expect superstars this late into FA? If he is solid, that is better than the depth we had and a very good underrated and underappreciated signing.

And this says nothing about Delmas.
lions on top

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
lions on top wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Wait, what?

OK, so why the tone like you disagree with me then? You expect superstars this late into FA? If he is solid, that is better than the depth we had and a very good underrated and underappreciated signing.

But you original post made it seem like we signed one of the top safeties in the league. I agree it's a solid underrated late signing but it's just that, a late signing where 31 other teams could've easily signed him for the last 3 months and didn't.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lions on top wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
lions on top wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Wait, what?

But you original post made it seem like we signed one of the top safeties in the league. I agree it's a solid underrated late signing but it's just that, a late signing where 31 other teams could've easily signed him for the last 3 months and didn't.

Still a smart move by us. I think that Phreak was trying to say that. Nothing spectacular but it is a smart move and a solid move. Thats the surprising part.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
lions on top wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
lions on top wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Wait, what?

Still a smart move by us. I think that Phreak was trying to say that. Nothing spectacular but it is a smart move and a solid move. Thats the surprising part.

Well, I am happy my sarcasm wasn't completely wasted Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: