Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Desmond Bishop Joins Vikings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
^^^

It's think it's more coincidence than anything. Bishop and Jennings are both playing a position that was a top-5 need for the Vikings this off-season. The Vikings wouldn't sign Scott Wells, they have John Sullivan after all. Linebacker was the one position that wasn't really adressed this off-season (apart from a 4th round pick), it was the #1 remaining need, Packers release a decent linebacker, 1+1=2. I'm sure the familiarity helps as well.

Yeah I might have over thought that one.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Minnesota Vikings took minimal risk with the deal they gave linebacker Desmond Bishop this week. According to sources with knowledge of the contract, Bishop received a minimum base salary of $750,000, of which just $50,000 is fully guaranteed.

Bishop can make another $100,000 in roster bonuses and $500,000 in playtime incentives, a source said, putting the maximum value of the deal at $1.35 million.

The impact on the Vikings' cap was minimal. They're now $6.862 million under their adjusted cap of $129.793 million, with their three first-round draft picks unsigned.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Desmond_Bishop_got_50K_guaranteed_max_value_of_135M_from_Vikings062813

if that was Bishop's best offer from several teams reportedly interested in him, then i'd say all those teams see his future as pretty limited.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
yankee0724

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Can't wait to see him attempt to bring down guys like Cobb, Franklin and Finley in space with his reduced speed Laughing

Nah, Minnesota is the fountain of youth. He'll probably win DPOY and have 3 pick 6's against Rodgers this year.

Good signing!
And I'll bet you my life neither of those 2 things happen. I would say it is much more likely that he gets burned repeatedly by Rodgers and our RB's/TE's/WR's rather than him getting 3 pick 6's. Guy was a liability in coverage in 2011. Decent blitzer and can tackle if he doesn't have to try to get off blocks but that is about it.

wow, i wonder why all these packer fans are saying these negative things about Bishop all of a sudden.......

.......hmmmmmmm, let me ponder that one
Don't Ponder it too long, because then it would be bound to be incomplete.

Yooooooooooo Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Burial

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really guys? who cares if vikings take the packers castoffs. If the Packers wanted bishop they would have kept him.

End of story.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: