Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFC North Standings Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 Green Bay
2 Chicago
3 Detroit
4 Minnesota

I think Chicago's going to be nice this year. People make too big of a deal about Urlacher being gone. It's not like he was himself last year, anyways.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
1 Green Bay
2 Chicago
3 Detroit
4 Minnesota

I think Chicago's going to be nice this year. People make too big of a deal about Urlacher being gone. It's not like he was himself last year, anyways.

Justo I thought we were friends
Kal-El

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolinapacker1 wrote:
Kal-El wrote:

2.) Minnesota. Ponder has a lot to work with, D is solid enough.

I'll respectfully disagree here, I didn't see much consistency from their receivers and route running last year to have me believe that, outside of Rudolph and Peterson, I don't see much the passing game can hang their hat on, plus Ponder seems to get in the habit of predetermining which receiver he's gonna go to at the snap and stare him down a little bit and when he isn't open either the blitz gets to him or he throws an ill advised pass. In the last game he played against us, Capers for whatever reason went to some man off prevent defenses with little rush up front which is why his numbers were better in that game, but bring the rush on him and he doesn't seem to be able to make who his hot read is.

As far as I'm concerned, as AP goes, so goes that team.

Yes, but AP hasn't gone. Not like he's particularly injury-prone, either. Damn dude will play through a hernia.

And, apart from Rudolph, Christian Ponder now has GJ85, Jerome Simpson and Coradarelle Patterson to throw to. Don't sleep on them. Simpson is a decent receiver, he just can't be a go-to guy and needs attention taken off of him. Jennings is good. Patterson is talented. Not to mention their OL is pretty solid.

Ponder may never be much more than an Alex Smith-type QB, but with a good supporting-cast, Smith can lead a 13-3 season.

<33333333
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Minnesota- A super human year from AP and almost no injuries to speak of and they pulled a 10-6. I don't see them being that lucky again and expect a small regression this year.

No injuries to speak of? That is a stretch. Percy Harvin missed half of the year. Greg Childs missed the entire year, a WR like him could have helped. John Carlson played hurt all year. Jerome Simpson, Jared Allen and Brian Robison were both battling their own injuries for most of the season. The Vikes top perimeter CB, Chris Cook, missed a good portion of the season.

The Vikes had several big injuries. If Allen didnt have a torn labrum, perhaps he would have had another 17-20 sack season. When Cook is healthy, the Vikes secondary is night and day better. Obviously for a WR corps that was thin and awful to begin with, not having Harvin, Simpson (had an odd nerve/back issue midseason on), and Childs crippled the team. Eventually Jarius Wright got some playing time and stepped up, but not having those guys healthy did hurt the production of the passing game.

As for this thread, i see the North unfolding as follows:

1. Packers - 11-5
2. Vikes - 10-6
3. Bears - 7-9
4. Lions - 5-11
A team that had 0 offensive line injuries. And when I look at that line, it looks very thin. Both guards are poor and little to no depth at either OT spot. Green Bay added to the OT spot big time. The Vikings never had to play against Bryan Bulaga last year. Or Nick Perry. Jordy was only healthy for a part of the week 17 match up. TJ Lang had torn ligaments and muscle damage every time they played. Everybody is kinda sorta banged up. Still a very lucky team injury wise IMO.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
A team that had 0 offensive line injuries. And when I look at that line, it looks very thin. Both guards are poor and little to no depth at either OT spot. Green Bay added to the OT spot big time. The Vikings never had to play against Bryan Bulaga last year. Or Nick Perry. Jordy was only healthy for a part of the week 17 match up. TJ Lang had torn ligaments and muscle damage every time they played. Everybody is kinda sorta banged up. Still a very lucky team injury wise IMO.

I think our depth is pretty good.

Joe Berger is a 9 year vet that can play C or Guard and he's been with the team a couple years now. The coaching staff really likes Demarcus Love. He's another lineman that plays Tackle or Guard.

We also drafted Baca and Bond to be development depth guys and push for those guard spots. We have a few other guys like Troy Kropog that have been around the team before and will be looking to earn a backup spot.

Obvioulsy if Kalil or Sullivan go down that will hurt because they are both elite players. All 5 starters are back though so I think the line will be even better this season.
GB

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Packers - this is pretty much automatic with Mr. Rodgers being a bad man again.

2. Vikings - Decent team, Ponder should improve this season, their D is solid. Oh, and they have All Day.

3. Bears - Good D, solid defense. It depends on Cutler, really.

4. Lions - C'mon man, we'll see Stafford throwing for another 21241245 yards just to end up with a 6-10, 7-9 record. Bush addition sounds good, but their TO ratio was abysmal last season and they always make bone headed plays.

The Winter is coming. Laughing

MathMan wrote:

Jesus would get tired from having to be Rodgers.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
justo wrote:
1 Green Bay
2 Chicago
3 Detroit
4 Minnesota

Justo I thought we were friends
Sorry, fam Crying or Very sad Got a bright future, but idk about the present. The NFC North is going to be good, though. Minnesota would be the best #4 team in any conference in 2013.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

I think our depth is pretty good.

Joe Berger is a 9 year vet that can play C or Guard and he's been with the team a couple years now. The coaching staff really likes Demarcus Love. He's another lineman that plays Tackle or Guard.

We also drafted Baca and Bond to be development depth guys and push for those guard spots. We have a few other guys like Troy Kropog that have been around the team before and will be looking to earn a backup spot.

Obvioulsy if Kalil or Sullivan go down that will hurt because they are both elite players. All 5 starters are back though so I think the line will be even better this season.
I disagree. John Sullivan is coming off of microfracture surgery and that us a bad surgery to have, takes a lot of wind out of your sail. Charlie Johnson is another year older, Brandon Fusco is JAG. Loadholt is the wildcard, he is always up and down and inconsistent. I think he played his absolute best ball, now he got paid, will he be the same player he was? If Demarcus Love can't beat out Charlie Johnson or Brandon Fusco, I should have no reason to think he would be anything better than very poor if he had to step in at LT or RT.
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Minnesota- A super human year from AP and almost no injuries to speak of and they pulled a 10-6. I don't see them being that lucky again and expect a small regression this year.

No injuries to speak of? That is a stretch. Percy Harvin missed half of the year. Greg Childs missed the entire year, a WR like him could have helped. John Carlson played hurt all year. Jerome Simpson, Jared Allen and Brian Robison were both battling their own injuries for most of the season. The Vikes top perimeter CB, Chris Cook, missed a good portion of the season.

Who's he? Wink

The problem with Chicago is that Cutler is their quarterback.

1. Green Bay
2. Minnesota
3. Chicago
4. Detroit

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

The Vikes had several big injuries. If Allen didnt have a torn labrum, perhaps he would have had another 17-20 sack season. When Cook is healthy, the Vikes secondary is night and day better. Obviously for a WR corps that was thin and awful to begin with, not having Harvin, Simpson (had an odd nerve/back issue midseason on), and Childs crippled the team. Eventually Jarius Wright got some playing time and stepped up, but not having those guys healthy did hurt the production of the passing game.

As for this thread, i see the North unfolding as follows:

1. Packers - 11-5
2. Vikes - 10-6
3. Bears - 7-9
4. Lions - 5-11
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Bay - Wins if Rodgers is healthy. That simple.

Detroit - Next talented team in the division IMO. I really think they did well this offseason.

Chicago- Love always had that defense playing over their head some how. I really think they will struggle, I don't think Bennett and Bushrod are very good, not much of an upgrade there.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal-El wrote:
carolinapacker1 wrote:
Kal-El wrote:

2.) Minnesota. Ponder has a lot to work with, D is solid enough.

I'll respectfully disagree here, I didn't see much consistency from their receivers and route running last year to have me believe that, outside of Rudolph and Peterson, I don't see much the passing game can hang their hat on, plus Ponder seems to get in the habit of predetermining which receiver he's gonna go to at the snap and stare him down a little bit and when he isn't open either the blitz gets to him or he throws an ill advised pass. In the last game he played against us, Capers for whatever reason went to some man off prevent defenses with little rush up front which is why his numbers were better in that game, but bring the rush on him and he doesn't seem to be able to make who his hot read is.

As far as I'm concerned, as AP goes, so goes that team.

Yes, but AP hasn't gone. Not like he's particularly injury-prone, either. Damn dude will play through a hernia.

And, apart from Rudolph, Christian Ponder now has GJ85, Jerome Simpson and Coradarelle Patterson to throw to. Don't sleep on them. Simpson is a decent receiver, he just can't be a go-to guy and needs attention taken off of him. Jennings is good. Patterson is talented. Not to mention their OL is pretty solid.

Ponder may never be much more than an Alex Smith-type QB, but with a good supporting-cast, Smith can lead a 13-3 season.

Don't forget what kind of defense Smith had for a year and a half.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

..No injuries to speak of? ... Greg Childs missed the entire year, ...

Who's he? :wink:

If losing a rookie fourth round pick for the year is a major blow, the Packers are totally screwed this year because Tretter broke his ankle.

The fact of the matter is that there was really no reason for the Vikings to expect much from Childs last year, since receivers (particularly guys who aren't top flight recievers) have to acclimate to the NFL gradually. When the Vikings drafted Childs, they were hoping to get something out of him in 2013 or 2014, not 2012.

Instant impact WRs just aren't available in the fourth round.
dijatool

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based purely on pythagorean wins (weekly instead of cumulative) from last season, these were the expected records:

Packers 10-6
Bears 9-7
Vikings 9-7
Lions 6-10

Obviously, every team has changes and questions. None more dramatic than the Bears, who are dealing with a coachectomie along with dramatic changes on offense along with minor (maybe?) defensive changes. They're also likely to miss Israel Idonije more than expected, he always seemed like an important cog when I watched. I believe the Bears offense will be up and down. Coupled with a defense that was up early and down late leads to a projected 8-8 season.

For now I am penciling in the Packers at 11-5, a reasonably safe bet. On paper, the 2013 schedule looks even more difficult than 2012. Then again, at this time last year, everyone was talking about the Packers having one of the easiest schedules in the league. We'll all have a better feel for things come late August but this is a good team that seems to keep doing the right things. I've done pretty well on my estimates for most recent seasons except for 2007 and 2008 (8-8 vs 13-3 and 9-7 vs 6-10) when variance and luck played a bigger part than usual.

The Vikings are a tough call. If the Bears fall a bit, does it follow that the Vikings move up? No, but across the board, they ranked well enough in several statistical areas to make their record last year legitimate. Unlike many, I think Ponder will wind up a decent middle of the pack QB, maybe better. If you think that's impossible, I refer you to Tom Brady, circa 2001/2002. Can Jennings replace Harvin? I think he can, at least from the standpoint of reading the defense and following an agreed upon route in response. I don't think Harvin has learned how to do that yet, despite his amazing talents with the ball once he has it in space. I'm thinking 9-7 and could even see 10-6 depending on their schedule (I haven't looked yet).

The Lions really under performed their expected wins last season, in part because six of their games came against the teams above (and they lost them all). The division opponents won't be changing this season, but if Chicago does stumble it could help. I had thought that overall their D line had taken a step back, but really like them adding Idonije. Playing next to Suh will be pretty nice for him. If I were a Lions fan I'd be bummed that Kevin Smith is gone; not because he's that good but because he was always there (mostly) when the rest of the backfield went down in a flaming heap. I just noticed that David Akers wound up in Detroit. Hmmm. Call it 7-9 for now.

To recap:

Packers 11-5
Vikings 9-7 (10-6 is in reach)
Bears 8-8
Lions 7-9

Freakout

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Who's he? Wink

The problem with Chicago is that Cutler is their quarterback.

1. Green Bay
2. Minnesota
3. Chicago
4. Detroit

I would say Chicago's biggest problem is still that offensive line. Bushrod is not really any better than Webb. They added Long but he is about as raw of a prospect coming out that you will see. The current popular opinion is the new coaching staff can turn water into wine but most people considered Mike Tice a pretty good offensive line coach before landing in Chicago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: