Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Another Seabird Wants to Hurt Harbaugh
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14826
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Another Seabird Wants to Hurt Harbaugh Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22508424/golden-tate-wants-to-give-jim-harbaugh-the-sean-lee-treatment

So after several different guys on the Seahawks are caught cheating and Harbaugh off-handedly speaks up about it one of them essentially says he'd like to wring Harbaugh's neck. Now we've got another one of them saying he'd like to give Harbaugh "the Sean Lee treatment". For those of you who don't know that reference it was a very dangerous, cheap shot hit so eggregious in its violence that the league fined Golden Tate over $20,000 for the hit.

What kind of program is Pete putting together there? Cheaters, thugs and cheap shot artists? And now more than one of them is saying they'd like to use vilolence on another team's coach. Just disgusting! But I'm pretty sure that as long as they win no one will care about how it's done.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40584
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unfortunate... but really.. cowardly sticks and stones. All that this should really elicit is embarrassment for the Hawks. To each his own, but it's not something worth thinking or caring about. Classless is classless.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NINERFAN_4_LIFE


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 12542
Location: hating levis, who builds a moat around a stadium??
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this doesn't mean the Hawks are going to cheap shot our players ... again. That kyle Williams cheap shot really cost us in the end.

Some will say he wasn't down yet because he hasn't been touched, but you are allowed to "give yourself up" without being touched by anyone on the other team, like a qb slide for example. He had clearly done so.

I hope they realize what they are doing to themselves. the guys love harbaugh so its only going to make us want to crush them that much more. they seem to think they won something last year. while we didn't win the SB we won our division and the conference. So until they actually win something they should stfu

I can't wait to play these jackassses again. I want to win in Seattle sooo badly. harbs owns Carroll, we got this.
_________________
FOREVER FAITHFUL
----------------------------
FOREVER HATEFUL

Please resign Frank Gore, Chris culliver and perrish cox
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49erjunkie


Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 2795
Location: Closer than you think
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just another way to get their false hopes up. Deep down they know they will once again battle for the wildcard.
_________________


Walter Redskins on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brown_Mamba


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 1802
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Seabird Wants to Hurt Harbaugh Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22508424/golden-tate-wants-to-give-jim-harbaugh-the-sean-lee-treatment

So after several different guys on the Seahawks are caught cheating and Harbaugh off-handedly speaks up about it one of them essentially says he'd like to wring Harbaugh's neck. Now we've got another one of them saying he'd like to give Harbaugh "the Sean Lee treatment". For those of you who don't know that reference it was a very dangerous, cheap shot hit so eggregious in its violence that the league fined Golden Tate over $20,000 for the hit.

What kind of program is Pete putting together there? Cheaters, thugs and cheap shot artists? And now more than one of them is saying they'd like to use vilolence on another team's coach. Just disgusting! But I'm pretty sure that as long as they win no one will care about how it's done.


You sound like the media trying to make an issue over the smallest things. Relax man, it's football. It's meant to be nasty and trash talk is an inevitable part of it. Who cares if he goes public with a statement?

If you are for some reason offended by it, maybe golf is more suitable for you.

_________________

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13677
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Seabird Wants to Hurt Harbaugh Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22508424/golden-tate-wants-to-give-jim-harbaugh-the-sean-lee-treatment

So after several different guys on the Seahawks are caught cheating and Harbaugh off-handedly speaks up about it one of them essentially says he'd like to wring Harbaugh's neck. Now we've got another one of them saying he'd like to give Harbaugh "the Sean Lee treatment". For those of you who don't know that reference it was a very dangerous, cheap shot hit so eggregious in its violence that the league fined Golden Tate over $20,000 for the hit.

What kind of program is Pete putting together there? Cheaters, thugs and cheap shot artists? And now more than one of them is saying they'd like to use vilolence on another team's coach. Just disgusting! But I'm pretty sure that as long as they win no one will care about how it's done.


You sound like the media trying to make an issue over the smallest things. Relax man, it's football. It's meant to be nasty and trash talk is an inevitable part of it. Who cares if he goes public with a statement?

If you are for some reason offended by it, maybe golf is more suitable for you.



My problem with it, it's that if a player on some other team, let's say the Bills, or Jaguars, or whatever, made a similar comment about another team's coach, there would probably be a fine. But with the Seahawks, it ends up with a shrug of the shoulders and a "Meh... it's the Seahawks.. go figure..."
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
48 1/2ers


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 2419
Location: UCI
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Seabird Wants to Hurt Harbaugh Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:

My problem with it, it's that if a player on some other team, let's say the Bills, or Jaguars, or whatever, made a similar comment about another team's coach, there would probably be a fine. But with the Seahawks, it ends up with a shrug of the shoulders and a "Meh... it's the Seahawks.. go figure..."

You really have a problem with the league not fining for this? Let them talk we'll talk back, all it's doing is making this boring offseason a little more interesting.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clarkfn2284


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3225
Location: Modesto,CA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Another Seabird Wants to Hurt Harbaugh Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

My problem with it, it's that if a player on some other team, let's say the Bills, or Jaguars, or whatever, made a similar comment about another team's coach, there would probably be a fine. But with the Seahawks, it ends up with a shrug of the shoulders and a "Meh... it's the Seahawks.. go figure..."

You really have a problem with the league not fining for this? Let them talk we'll talk back, all it's doing is making this boring offseason a little more interesting.


This!

If we only knew the stuff that was said in the trenches. Some of us just overreact and are incredibly protective over the Niners players and coaches. The reality of it is that Harbaugh never comments about anyhting, but now suddenly he decides to comment on the Seahawks situation? He is trolling them big time. This gives him a chance to passive agressively send out a verbal barb to Pete Carrol. He lives for this opportunity to stick it to that franchise.

We shouldnt get upset over players saying these things. The comments are feuled by the Head Coach of our team. I love it personally, but its most likely because I have no personal attatchment to the players. I want to be entertained and they are definitely doing that while were are in the stretch run for the offseason
_________________
NextBigThing wrote:
rice wasn't close to do as good as his stats would lead one to assume


okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13677
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Seabird Wants to Hurt Harbaugh Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

My problem with it, it's that if a player on some other team, let's say the Bills, or Jaguars, or whatever, made a similar comment about another team's coach, there would probably be a fine. But with the Seahawks, it ends up with a shrug of the shoulders and a "Meh... it's the Seahawks.. go figure..."

You really have a problem with the league not fining for this? Let them talk we'll talk back, all it's doing is making this boring offseason a little more interesting.


This!

If we only knew the stuff that was said in the trenches. Some of us just overreact and are incredibly protective over the Niners players and coaches. The reality of it is that Harbaugh never comments about anyhting, but now suddenly he decides to comment on the Seahawks situation? He is trolling them big time. This gives him a chance to passive agressively send out a verbal barb to Pete Carrol. He lives for this opportunity to stick it to that franchise.

We shouldnt get upset over players saying these things. The comments are feuled by the Head Coach of our team. I love it personally, but its most likely because I have no personal attatchment to the players. I want to be entertained and they are definitely doing that while were are in the stretch run for the offseason



The thing is, Harbaugh didn't even comment about the seahawks directly. He simply answered a question about PEDs, and most assumed it was directed at the Seahawks. If the seahawks really weren't guilty of cheating (like Richard Sherman "successfully" claimed), they shouldn't even feel concerned by Harbaugh's comment.

As for "my problem" about the whole "no fine"... just imagine those comments in any other sport... it's a serious lack of class and intelligence. I'm not angry there's no fine. I'm just surprised a league of the NFL's caliber let those things go.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BangBang


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 870
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Seabird Wants to Hurt Harbaugh Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

My problem with it, it's that if a player on some other team, let's say the Bills, or Jaguars, or whatever, made a similar comment about another team's coach, there would probably be a fine. But with the Seahawks, it ends up with a shrug of the shoulders and a "Meh... it's the Seahawks.. go figure..."

You really have a problem with the league not fining for this? Let them talk we'll talk back, all it's doing is making this boring offseason a little more interesting.


This!

If we only knew the stuff that was said in the trenches. Some of us just overreact and are incredibly protective over the Niners players and coaches. The reality of it is that Harbaugh never comments about anyhting, but now suddenly he decides to comment on the Seahawks situation? He is trolling them big time. This gives him a chance to passive agressively send out a verbal barb to Pete Carrol. He lives for this opportunity to stick it to that franchise.

We shouldnt get upset over players saying these things. The comments are feuled by the Head Coach of our team. I love it personally, but its most likely because I have no personal attatchment to the players. I want to be entertained and they are definitely doing that while were are in the stretch run for the offseason



The thing is, Harbaugh didn't even comment about the seahawks directly. He simply answered a question about PEDs, and most assumed it was directed at the Seahawks. If the seahawks really weren't guilty of cheating (like Richard Sherman "successfully" claimed), they shouldn't even feel concerned by Harbaugh's comment.

As for "my problem" about the whole "no fine"... just imagine those comments in any other sport... it's a serious lack of class and intelligence. I'm not angry there's no fine. I'm just surprised a league of the NFL's caliber let those things go.


Harbaugh's comment, however veiled, was definitely directed at Seattle.

As for these Seahawk players constantly taking shots at Harbaugh, especially about choking him and dirty hits, well, that just speaks volumes of how their organization is run. Pete Carroll could have put a lid on this thing. Teams take on the personality of their coaches, typically. So if you have a loud, obnoxious, immature coach (IE Detroit, Seattle) then you're going to have a loud, obnoxious and immature team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14826
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Seabird Wants to Hurt Harbaugh Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

My problem with it, it's that if a player on some other team, let's say the Bills, or Jaguars, or whatever, made a similar comment about another team's coach, there would probably be a fine. But with the Seahawks, it ends up with a shrug of the shoulders and a "Meh... it's the Seahawks.. go figure..."

You really have a problem with the league not fining for this? Let them talk we'll talk back, all it's doing is making this boring offseason a little more interesting.


This!

If we only knew the stuff that was said in the trenches. Some of us just overreact and are incredibly protective over the Niners players and coaches. The reality of it is that Harbaugh never comments about anyhting, but now suddenly he decides to comment on the Seahawks situation? He is trolling them big time. This gives him a chance to passive agressively send out a verbal barb to Pete Carrol. He lives for this opportunity to stick it to that franchise.

We shouldnt get upset over players saying these things. The comments are feuled by the Head Coach of our team. I love it personally, but its most likely because I have no personal attatchment to the players. I want to be entertained and they are definitely doing that while were are in the stretch run for the offseason



The thing is, Harbaugh didn't even comment about the seahawks directly. He simply answered a question about PEDs, and most assumed it was directed at the Seahawks. If the seahawks really weren't guilty of cheating (like Richard Sherman "successfully" claimed), they shouldn't even feel concerned by Harbaugh's comment.

As for "my problem" about the whole "no fine"... just imagine those comments in any other sport... it's a serious lack of class and intelligence. I'm not angry there's no fine. I'm just surprised a league of the NFL's caliber let those things go.


Harbaugh's comment, however veiled, was definitely directed at Seattle.

As for these Seahawk players constantly taking shots at Harbaugh, especially about choking him and dirty hits, well, that just speaks volumes of how their organization is run. Pete Carroll could have put a lid on this thing. Teams take on the personality of their coaches, typically. So if you have a loud, obnoxious, immature coach (IE Detroit, Seattle) then you're going to have a loud, obnoxious and immature team.


Rudy's right. Everyone should listen to the question and his answer. He was specifically asked about the Seahawks and he did NOT choose to respond about them - even when specifically asked. He answered in general that there's no place for drugs in a players body and you can't cheat to win. Sounded as much like he was setting a tone for his team than responding about Seattle. Seattle players and fans respond as they do for the same reason little kids get angry when they're caught doing something wrong - guilty feelings makes people lash out at others rather than take a hard look at themselves.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clarkfn2284


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3225
Location: Modesto,CA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Seabird Wants to Hurt Harbaugh Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
BangBang wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

My problem with it, it's that if a player on some other team, let's say the Bills, or Jaguars, or whatever, made a similar comment about another team's coach, there would probably be a fine. But with the Seahawks, it ends up with a shrug of the shoulders and a "Meh... it's the Seahawks.. go figure..."

You really have a problem with the league not fining for this? Let them talk we'll talk back, all it's doing is making this boring offseason a little more interesting.


This!

If we only knew the stuff that was said in the trenches. Some of us just overreact and are incredibly protective over the Niners players and coaches. The reality of it is that Harbaugh never comments about anyhting, but now suddenly he decides to comment on the Seahawks situation? He is trolling them big time. This gives him a chance to passive agressively send out a verbal barb to Pete Carrol. He lives for this opportunity to stick it to that franchise.

We shouldnt get upset over players saying these things. The comments are feuled by the Head Coach of our team. I love it personally, but its most likely because I have no personal attatchment to the players. I want to be entertained and they are definitely doing that while were are in the stretch run for the offseason



The thing is, Harbaugh didn't even comment about the seahawks directly. He simply answered a question about PEDs, and most assumed it was directed at the Seahawks. If the seahawks really weren't guilty of cheating (like Richard Sherman "successfully" claimed), they shouldn't even feel concerned by Harbaugh's comment.

As for "my problem" about the whole "no fine"... just imagine those comments in any other sport... it's a serious lack of class and intelligence. I'm not angry there's no fine. I'm just surprised a league of the NFL's caliber let those things go.


Harbaugh's comment, however veiled, was definitely directed at Seattle.

As for these Seahawk players constantly taking shots at Harbaugh, especially about choking him and dirty hits, well, that just speaks volumes of how their organization is run. Pete Carroll could have put a lid on this thing. Teams take on the personality of their coaches, typically. So if you have a loud, obnoxious, immature coach (IE Detroit, Seattle) then you're going to have a loud, obnoxious and immature team.


Rudy's right. Everyone should listen to the question and his answer. He was specifically asked about the Seahawks and he did NOT choose to respond about them - even when specifically asked. He answered in general that there's no place for drugs in a players body and you can't cheat to win. Sounded as much like he was setting a tone for his team than responding about Seattle. Seattle players and fans respond as they do for the same reason little kids get angry when they're caught doing something wrong - guilty feelings makes people lash out at others rather than take a hard look at themselves.


The original question is in regards to Seattle. Harbaugh chooses not to comment. He then is asked about the same topic in a more general sense. Harbaugh then chooses to answer. He is not an idiot guys. He knows that the media is leading him with a question directed towards the Seahawks situation. I dont have any problem with the answer. Hell, I wouldnt care if he directly called out a player by name. I think its humorous that he uses people the way he does to get a message out and to play a little verbal chess with people. Its become an art form for him.

But for anyone on here to get upset or up in arms over what the Seahwaks players are saying is over the top. Is what they are saying a bit excessive? Absolutely. Is it mostly just fodder by players who have a strong dislike fostered into them by an organization? Absolutely.

Harbaugh gets under peoples skin. He is very similar to other coaches in that matter. Pete Carrol is hated because he is a ra ra gum chewer, Belichick because he is condescending to media people who try and do their job, John Harbaugh is seen as a pompous [inappropriate/removed], Tomlin is looked at as arrogant.

Harbaugh knew what he was doing when he commented. He wants to be in the heads of his competitors. Everyone just makes it a bigger deal than it really is. Football cannot be compared to Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Tennis and most other sports. Outside of Hockey there isnt the same type of aggression exerted in the game. When I here a player say I would like to line up against Harbaugh so I can get my hands around his neck or give him the Sean Lee treatment all I hear is trash talking.

These guys constantly play on the edge....even the guys on our beloved 49ers. There is a lot of talk that never come to fruition. Why would the league look at one franchise different than another? What is so glorious and rich about the Seahawks compared to the Bills? I dont see where the idea that the league looks at the Seahawks and just shrugs its shoulders comes from? The league has handled the PED stuff the way it is supposed to. Is there a culture over there? Maybe. We dont really know. Im sure if there becomes significant issues that arise or continue then the league will address it, but I dont see what the league is failing to do at this point. They have suspended players for their wrong doings. Outside of that, whats left. Fine a guy for commenting about wanting to get physical with an opposing teams coach? Really? Thats awful soft for me. If something comes of it then you address it. Until then just let it be.

“I’ve definitely noticed it,” Harbaugh said of the situation in Seattle, via Grant Cohn of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat. “You don’t know what it is. Even when people say what it is, you don’t know that that’s what it is. I’ve heard this thrown out or that, but that’s usually the agent or the players themselves saying it’s, for example, Adderall. But the NFL doesn’t release what it actually is, so you have no idea. You’re taking somebody at their word that I don’t know if you can take them at their word, understanding the circumstances.”

That was his quote regarding the question. If anyone still thinks he wasnt speaking in regards to Seattle then I dont know what else to say to you.

"I've definitely noticed it." was directly in regards to Seattle. As was the discussion about how we are told it is Adderal.
_________________
NextBigThing wrote:
rice wasn't close to do as good as his stats would lead one to assume


okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14826
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Seabird Wants to Hurt Harbaugh Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:


"I've definitely noticed it." was directly in regards to Seattle. As was the discussion about how we are told it is Adderal.


Of course it was. The question was about Seattle. And he said was that he noticed it, just like every other coach and professional football guy noticed it. Other than saying "no comment" to a question like that he couldn't have said much less. Certainly nothing worth guys saying they want to wring his neck or take a helmet shot to his head. Fact is Seattle has had a lot of guys suspended for illegal drug use since 2010. When another coach says "yeah I noticed that" they should just keep their mouths. Just speaks volumes to me about what kind of tone Caroll sets that his guys openly trash talk anouther NFL coach and I mean violence here not just calling him a fool or something like that, and of course the number of violations they've piled up with him at the helm. Seriously, can you think of another team where multiple guys on the team have talked about hurting another coach?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clarkfn2284


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3225
Location: Modesto,CA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Seabird Wants to Hurt Harbaugh Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:


"I've definitely noticed it." was directly in regards to Seattle. As was the discussion about how we are told it is Adderal.


Of course it was. The question was about Seattle. And he said was that he noticed it, just like every other coach and professional football guy noticed it. Other than saying "no comment" to a question like that he couldn't have said much less. Certainly nothing worth guys saying they want to wring his neck or take a helmet shot to his head. Fact is Seattle has had a lot of guys suspended for illegal drug use since 2010. When another coach says "yeah I noticed that" they should just keep their mouths. Just speaks volumes to me about what kind of tone Caroll sets that his guys openly trash talk anouther NFL coach and I mean violence here not just calling him a fool or something like that, and of course the number of violations they've piled up with him at the helm. Seriously, can you think of another team where multiple guys on the team have talked about hurting another coach?


Why should they keep quiet? They are defending their own. I have no issue with that. These guys are like family to each other. I would expect them to come out and defend themselves.

I cannot think of another team saying they would like to induce physical harm on an opposing coach, but its not like they are out there being the Bengals.

The fact is that if it were the Carolina Panthers our fanbase would not have such a visceral reaction to what is being said. It is because they are the Seahawks. Its the hated rival. I hate them as much as any. Golden Tate and Sherman more than any, but I just cant find a reason to make it bigger then it needs to be. Im definitely not going to expect fines. We are acting like the guy said he was going to catch Harbaugh in the parking lot. Its idle threats. Who cares?

As far as what Harbs said, he clearly said more. It's in his quotes from the original story. So you went from saying it wasnt directed to Seattle to it is?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/11/jim-harbaugh-takes-notice-of-seahawks-suspensions/

Quote:
“I’ve definitely noticed it,” Harbaugh said of the situation in Seattle, via Grant Cohn of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat. “You don’t know what it is. Even when people say what it is, you don’t know that that’s what it is. I’ve heard this thrown out or that, but that’s usually the agent or the players themselves saying it’s, for example, Adderall. But the NFL doesn’t release what it actually is, so you have no idea. You’re taking somebody at their word that I don’t know if you can take them at their word, understanding the circumstances.”


The reality is that they are responding to his statement. He was trolling the Seahawks and the players suspensions in typical Harbaugh fashion. He isnt concerned with the threats I'm sure. The players police the game.
_________________
NextBigThing wrote:
rice wasn't close to do as good as his stats would lead one to assume


okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13677
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Another Seabird Wants to Hurt Harbaugh Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:


"I've definitely noticed it." was directly in regards to Seattle. As was the discussion about how we are told it is Adderal.


Of course it was. The question was about Seattle. And he said was that he noticed it, just like every other coach and professional football guy noticed it. Other than saying "no comment" to a question like that he couldn't have said much less. Certainly nothing worth guys saying they want to wring his neck or take a helmet shot to his head. Fact is Seattle has had a lot of guys suspended for illegal drug use since 2010. When another coach says "yeah I noticed that" they should just keep their mouths. Just speaks volumes to me about what kind of tone Caroll sets that his guys openly trash talk anouther NFL coach and I mean violence here not just calling him a fool or something like that, and of course the number of violations they've piled up with him at the helm. Seriously, can you think of another team where multiple guys on the team have talked about hurting another coach?


Why should they keep quiet? They are defending their own. I have no issue with that. These guys are like family to each other. I would expect them to come out and defend themselves.

I cannot think of another team saying they would like to induce physical harm on an opposing coach, but its not like they are out there being the Bengals.

The fact is that if it were the Carolina Panthers our fanbase would not have such a visceral reaction to what is being said. It is because they are the Seahawks. Its the hated rival. I hate them as much as any. Golden Tate and Sherman more than any, but I just cant find a reason to make it bigger then it needs to be. Im definitely not going to expect fines. We are acting like the guy said he was going to catch Harbaugh in the parking lot. Its idle threats. Who cares?

As far as what Harbs said, he clearly said more. It's in his quotes from the original story. So you went from saying it wasnt directed to Seattle to it is?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/11/jim-harbaugh-takes-notice-of-seahawks-suspensions/

Quote:
“I’ve definitely noticed it,” Harbaugh said of the situation in Seattle, via Grant Cohn of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat. “You don’t know what it is. Even when people say what it is, you don’t know that that’s what it is. I’ve heard this thrown out or that, but that’s usually the agent or the players themselves saying it’s, for example, Adderall. But the NFL doesn’t release what it actually is, so you have no idea. You’re taking somebody at their word that I don’t know if you can take them at their word, understanding the circumstances.”


The reality is that they are responding to his statement. He was trolling the Seahawks and the players suspensions in typical Harbaugh fashion. He isnt concerned with the threats I'm sure. The players police the game.



The thing is, players are also supposed to be role models. THey must hear about that for hours at the rookie symposium, when they enter the league. I don't really care about fines or harsher discipline from the league. I'm just saying that making threats isn't proper behavior for role models to have. The league is basically telling kids everywhere that it's okay to threaten someone's physical integrity. Without there being any fine, there should at least be a public warning to the players and the coach letting the threats happen. It doesn't matter if they're idle threats, they're threats nonetheless, and a bad example to set. I would react the same way if, for example, Chris Culliver said something like that, or Navorro Bowman, or Aldon Smith.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group