Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AFC North Best 53 - WR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best WR
Torrey Smith
50%
 50%  [ 14 ]
Josh Gordon
42%
 42%  [ 12 ]
Antonio Brown
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Emmanuel Sanders
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Greg Little
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 28

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
RavensDefense3 wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Entropy wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
A problem with "flags drawn" is Dez Bryant. Dude RAN INTO OUR DBS AND GOT A FLAG.

I'm not really sure why anyone would try to argue to add penalty yardage to a player's stats as if it were yardage earned.

If you watch enough football, you see how inconsistent PI (and OPI) calls can be.

I know it was a rhetorical question, but I think one would do it to make up for stats that a player doesn't have to help their argument that they are superior to what the stats say. I would lean on his other arguments for Torrey first, not that they can't also be debated, but I think I personally would accept those points before the DPI calls.

Yeah, and who knows, maybe Spelling will be an awesome #1 WR. But probably not.

I personally would lean towards him being an awesome complimentary receiver.

I certainly agree with that. Now the Ravens just need a WR that's good enough to occupy the opponent’s best CB while another WR gets about 50 catches against the #2 CB.

Hey, do you think there is any difference in getting PI calls versus the opposing #1 and #2 CBs?

Torrey is that guy, he was attracting the opposition's best CB, and double teams. Like I said before, I expect his numbers to go up this year with Boldin gone.

I heart u

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
RavensDefense3 wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Entropy wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
A problem with "flags drawn" is Dez Bryant. Dude RAN INTO OUR DBS AND GOT A FLAG.

I'm not really sure why anyone would try to argue to add penalty yardage to a player's stats as if it were yardage earned.

If you watch enough football, you see how inconsistent PI (and OPI) calls can be.

I know it was a rhetorical question, but I think one would do it to make up for stats that a player doesn't have to help their argument that they are superior to what the stats say. I would lean on his other arguments for Torrey first, not that they can't also be debated, but I think I personally would accept those points before the DPI calls.

Yeah, and who knows, maybe Spelling will be an awesome #1 WR. But probably not.

I personally would lean towards him being an awesome complimentary receiver.

I certainly agree with that. Now the Ravens just need a WR that's good enough to occupy the opponent’s best CB while another WR gets about 50 catches against the #2 CB.

Hey, do you think there is any difference in getting PI calls versus the opposing #1 and #2 CBs?

Torrey is that guy, he was attracting the opposition's best CB, and double teams. Like I said before, I expect his numbers to go up this year with Boldin gone.

I heart u

Wink
cthomas09

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensDefense3 wrote:
cthomas09 wrote:
I like smith but this flag thrown argument you are using is a joke.....are we going to say josh would have had 7 more touchdowns if weeden didnt miss him....no so take that weak stuff out of here.

What? I'm sorrry, but that doesn't even make sense, you're using an IF argument, my argument is LEGIT, Smith led the league in flags drawn, and no it's not a joke stat like some of you guys are thinking it is.
you are using IFs. You are assuming he catches those balls and assuming he scores touchdowns off them lol.....i am done here
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Torrey Smith. His ability to score a touchdown on any play is a huge factor for me. But he's not just a deep receiver, he definitely is starting to refine his game and is becoming a very good all around receiver which is scary considering you have to respect him running past you

Gordon has all of the talent in the world, but I'm afraid his head isn't in the right place and possibly never will be. In the past we've seen so many talented players fail out of the NFL because they couldn't prioritize their lives. I hope that someone helps guide Gordon, because he has the potential to be great, but he seems easily influenced into bad decisions
bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I decided to dig into this a tad bit more. He's some more numbers for ya'll to enjoy.

These numbers are for deep passing. So they are TARGETS of 20 yards or more.

Torrey Smith (2012)

Attempts- 44 (t-2nd)
catches- 13 (5th)
Yards- 425 (7th)
% of total targets to deep targets- 42.3% (1st, by 10% from the next guy)
TDs- 5 (t-1st)
Catch rate- 29.5 (14th)

Josh Gordon

Attempts- 23 (t-20th)
catches- 6 (t-17th)
Yards- 259 (16th)
% of total targets to deep targets- 25.8 % ( 8th)
TDs- 4 (t-2nd)
Catch rate- 26.1 (17th)

Compare those stats to these

Quote:
Josh Gordon
Snaps- 840
Penalties- 2
Targets- 89
Rec- 50
Yards- 805
YAC/Rec- 6.3
Drops- 4
Missed tackles forced- 6

Torrey Smith (2012)
Snaps- 947
Penalties- 6
Targets- 104
Rec- 49
Yards- 855
YAC/Rec- 4.9
Drops- 6
Missed tackles forced- 4

Torrey Smith is a deep threat. Thats all he gets used for. Thats all he is. He's not a #1. I also briefed through a few Ravens games on PFF to see who all covered Smith. Its was never strickly the #1 corner in the games I looked at. A mixed bag at best. Seems teams were just as worried about Boldin underneath as they were Smith over the top
MetcalfUpMiddle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went Smith here. I think Gordon has more talent. He could be one of the top 5 WRs in the league. But you have to be dependable. To be one of the best, you have to be on the field. I think Gordon will end up out of the league in 3 years. Insane talent who throws it all away because he just doesnt get it. Hope im wrong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: