Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where the Lions stand as of now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a realistic chance of Fuller, Riddick, and Hepburn not making the final roster. I was wondering if that would be looked at as a failure for drafting a an overall victory for building a roster where we don't need to keep all of our rookies.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiffleballtony wrote:
I see a realistic chance of Fuller, Riddick, and Hepburn not making the final roster. I was wondering if that would be looked at as a failure for drafting a an overall victory for building a roster where we don't need to keep all of our rookies.

The only think that I believe indicates success is wins. Rookies making or not making a roster can mean many things.

If we were to try and define a roster where a number of rookies don't make the grade judgement might just be based on how many are picked up by other teams.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
LION KING

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top 10 players draft in the draft the Lions is the only one that scared me.

That alone scares me the Lions can't afford to miss on this pick yet they took the biggest risk yet again so be nervous and lets hope he turns out.

Otherwise it will be a long long year for that Defense again!

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
The top 10 players draft in the draft the Lions is the only one that scared me.

That alone scares me the Lions can't afford to miss on this pick yet they took the biggest risk yet again so be nervous and lets hope he turns out.

Otherwise it will be a long long year for that Defense again!

I can kind of agree with the sentiment, but I disagree a single player means that much to an entire defense. Unless we are talking like Ray Lewis here, but no rookie will be on that scale period.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiffleballtony wrote:

I am 98% sure Fuller will make it.

As for Riddick and Hepburn, I don't think 6th/7th rounders not making the final 53 as failure... it's only once in a while you really strike rich with one.

I think Riddick would make a great practice squadder if we can get him there; I think Steven Miller is the higher potential guy and makes a better PR/KR right away, so am hoping he makes it. We shall see.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
Whiffleballtony wrote:

I am 98% sure Fuller will make it.

As for Riddick and Hepburn, I don't think 6th/7th rounders not making the final 53 as failure... it's only once in a while you really strike rich with one.

I think Riddick would make a great practice squadder if we can get him there; I think Steven Miller is the higher potential guy and makes a better PR/KR right away, so am hoping he makes it. We shall see.

I believe Fuller will make it but I am not 98% sure. Johnson, Burleson, and Broyles are locks. Then we have Fuller, Thomas, Thomas, Edwards, Spurlock, and Durham as competition. I think it will be Edwards, Fuller, and Devin Thomas as the final three.

I also believe Miller will make the team as a returner. I was watching some of his runs and for a fast little guy he seemed to run very decisively.

I think Hepburn needs to A) prove special teams value B) hope Whitehead or Lewis take the starting job...otherwise I see us taking Greenwood.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: