You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where the Lions stand as of now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
NFL is the hardest pro sport for an athlete to evolve to. It takes a long time for players to get used to the speed of the pro game. The most talented rookie has a large handicap beside a seasoned veteran of much lesser talent.

Serious question: If you could have had Chandler Jones starting for us last year, or kept KVB, who would you have picked?

I mean, it all depends on how he acclimated to our system and such. I would nearly guarantee KVB would have started game 1 for me, but the rest of the season would have been according to how who performed.

Jones 5 sacks in his first 6 games.

They got tape on him.

1 sack in his last 10.

Like I said rookies can get by on talent but the veterans got smart and shut him down

He was injured. and yet, he was STILL better than KVB was in the latter part of the season.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
NFL is the hardest pro sport for an athlete to evolve to. It takes a long time for players to get used to the speed of the pro game. The most talented rookie has a large handicap beside a seasoned veteran of much lesser talent.

Serious question: If you could have had Chandler Jones starting for us last year, or kept KVB, who would you have picked?

I mean, it all depends on how he acclimated to our system and such. I would nearly guarantee KVB would have started game 1 for me, but the rest of the season would have been according to how who performed.

They got tape on him.

1 sack in his last 10.

Like I said rookies can get by on talent but the veterans got smart and shut him down

He was injured. and yet, he was STILL better than KVB was in the latter part of the season.

Personal opinion is personal opinion. if 1 sack in 10 games is amazing I guess I missed that memo

AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen
BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

They got tape on him.

1 sack in his last 10.

Personal opinion is personal opinion. if 1 sack in 10 games is amazing I guess I missed that memo

As opposed to zero sacks in ten games like KVB had?
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

They got tape on him.

1 sack in his last 10.

As opposed to zero sacks in ten games like KVB had?

That one sack could easily have been the QB falling down....lol

Cool story. Whatever. Enjoy your man crush on Ansah right now. Me I will temper expectations from a guy rated as the most raw player in years

AAL- Abdullah

BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:

Cool story. Whatever. Enjoy your man crush on Ansah right now. Me I will temper expectations from a guy rated as the most raw player in years

I don't have a man crush on him. If Ansah is just below average for a starting DE, that will be better than what KVB gave us.

Why do you have to make simplistic black-white divisions in every single argument? If I think Ansah will be better than one of the worst DEs in the league I have a man crush. No rookie can EVER be better than a veteran no matter how horrible. And so on.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone say man crush on Ansah? Very Happy

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

I don't have a man crush on him. If Ansah is just below average for a starting DE, that will be better than what KVB gave us.

Why do you have to make simplistic black-white divisions in every single argument? If I think Ansah will be better than one of the worst DEs in the league I have a man crush. No rookie can EVER be better than a veteran no matter how horrible. And so on.

I said they could have better talent that they get by on which Jones proved until they saw tape on him and punked him last 10 games.

KVB being bad is just a personal opinion you have. Nothing more

AAL- Abdullah

detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Someone say man crush on Ansah? Very Happy

Yea yea we know your stance. I hope he does good. SImply will not coming in saying an area is upgraded and list a rookie as reason why.

Thats just being really optimistic and hopeful until proven different is all.

Heck Ryan Leaf was labeled as upgrade day 1. Yea that went well. There are more busts drafted early compared to successes.

He needs to see snaps on a NFL FIELD against NFL players before it can be labeled upgrade

AAL- Abdullah

BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

I said they could have better talent that they get by on which Jones proved until they saw tape on him and punked him last 10 games.

He was injured.

Did you watch any Patriots games last year?
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.swoopsnest.net/1/post/2012/04/draft-science-1st-round-riskreward.html

But hey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPmQC86oIzY

AAL- Abdullah

detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

He was injured.

Chandler Jones 746 of 1,112 67.1 percent

746 snaps. Yep. Injured or not he had nearly 70% of their snaps.

AAL- Abdullah

BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

He was injured.

And he still played better than KVB did.

Idunno, zero sacks through ten games is going to be ahrd to match, but I think Ansah can match those lofty expectations.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

He was injured.

And he still played better than KVB did.

Idunno, zero sacks through ten games is going to be ahrd to match, but I think Ansah can match those lofty expectations.

Even if he beats it does not mean he is the better player but I fully expect him to accidentally run into QB a couple times

AAL- Abdullah

FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:

Do EVERYONE a favor and don't judge performance based on sacks. Only gives credence to Detfan's Madden comment.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:

Do EVERYONE a favor and don't judge performance based on sacks. Only gives credence to Detfan's Madden comment.

Well I set a sack limit on Ansah too...lol

AAL- Abdullah

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: