Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sam Huff Bids Farewell: Retires From Redskins Broadcast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Sam Huff Bids Farewell: Retires From Redskins Broadcast Reply with quote

Sam Huff Bids Farewell: Retires From Redskins Broadcast After 37 Years CBS DC

http://cbsloc.al/11T7jbf

Sad day, he will be missed. I loved him and Sonny together.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great guy,but not good commentary

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
i agree he's gotten too old in the last 10 years, but 15 to 30 years ago he was great.

I still miss Frank Herzog also.

I'm not a big Larry Michael fan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

Some of you guys are too young to remember, but Sam wasn't always the incoherant, crazy old guy who couldn't remember players names, down and distance or who we were playing in the game he was calling. Had he retired 7 years ago he wouldn't have been the punchline he became over the last 5-7 years. Like an athlete who refuses to retire (cough cough...Favre...cough) Sam just held on a little too long. Sonny tried to cover for him over the last 5 seasons but it got harder and harder as Sam would bust out wackier stuff by the second.

His insight into the minds of the defenseive coaches and players on both sidelines was second to none for most of his career and he was sharp as a tack and quick to point out bad calls by the refs or coaching staff for almost 30 years.

Sony Sam and Frank were legends of the booth. I am glad Sam is retiring, and kind of wish he had done so almost a decade ago, but, as someone who used to tune out the TV and tune in the radio as a kid, I am also a little sad that another member of the team of my youth won't be heard on Sundays.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

Some of you guys are too young to remember, but Sam wasn't always the incoherant, crazy old guy who couldn't remember players names, down and distance or who we were playing in the game he was calling. Had he retired 7 years ago he wouldn't have been the punchline he became over the last 5-7 years. Like an athlete who refuses to retire (cough cough...Favre...cough) Sam just held on a little too long. Sonny tried to cover for him over the last 5 seasons but it got harder and harder as Sam would bust out wackier stuff by the second.

His insight into the minds of the defenseive coaches and players on both sidelines was second to none for most of his career and he was sharp as a tack and quick to point out bad calls by the refs or coaching staff for almost 30 years.

Sony Sam and Frank were legends of the booth. I am glad Sam is retiring, and kind of wish he had done so almost a decade ago, but, as someone who used to tune out the TV and tune in the radio as a kid, I am also a little sad that another member of the team of my youth won't be heard on Sundays.
Totally agree, my dad and I used to do the same. mute the tv and turn it on Frank, Sony & Sam. In the 80s & 90s they were considered one of the best in the NFL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: