Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things that make you look smart
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Okay, I'll try to name a few.

- I distinctly remember when Kam Chancellor was drafted, I said on this forum that he'd be our starting SS sooner rather than later. I loved his game coming out of VaTech and I think he was getting seriously devalued by scouts because the Hokies decided to use Kam a lot more in coverage his final year there. It was a stupid move by the staff and it affected Kam's stock, because as we all know coverage is not his specialty.

- I've actually been damn good at predicting the success of our mid round picks. I said Kris Durham was a bum. I said EJ Wilson was a bum. I'll stick to my guns that Jaye Howard is a bum. I'll stick to my guns that Jordan Hill will be a bum. I also said that KJ Wright and Robert Turbin would be very solid selections.

- I said James Carpenter was a better pick than Gabe Carimi. Carimi is already on his second team and is fighting for a starting spot, whereas Carpenter (though not fulfilling the bill of a 1st round pick) has actually looked good on the field and is penciled in as our starting LG. I'd still much rather have Carp than Carimi.

- I loved the Russell Wilson pick. My infatuation for Matt Flynn didn't allow me to show it all the time, but you can find posts of mine in the Draft forum saying I'd take Wilson in the top 10.

- When we signed him, I said Mike Williams would start for us. Let's remember that this is the same BMW who couldn't even make an NFL roster at the time. I just remember seeing the weight he was at and loving him rejoining Pete Carroll.

That's all I can really think of.

Ah good call. I thought Kris Durham would be a stud. So I majorly busted on that call.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I griped hard on Kris Durham when we selected him. I was actually a huge Leonard Hankerson fan, but he got taken right before it was our turn. Durham is WAY too much of a project with no production to speak of. Not to mention he doesn't have an NFL frame. Just wasn't impressed or excited about it at all.

I raged when we took Irvin as well though, so i can't say much really Laughing

BUT, i will never let anyone in this forum forget who the original doug baldwin fan was. Called him in rookie workouts (around this time of year, actually) that year.

Tats gets credit for irvin, even though that's somewhat TBD. Big props to him for christine michael as well.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I griped hard on Kris Durham when we selected him. I was actually a huge Leonard Hankerson fan, but he got taken right before it was our turn. Durham is WAY too much of a project with no production to speak of. Not to mention he doesn't have an NFL frame. Just wasn't impressed or excited about it at all.

BUT, i will never let anyone in this forum forget who the original doug baldwin fan was. Called him in rookie workouts (around this time of year, actually) that year.

Tats gets credit for irvin, even though that's somewhat TBD. Big props to him for christine michael as well.

I still argue I was the ONLY ONE in Seattle that knew who Bruce Irvin was and that he was worthy of a first round pick.

Draft party = Everyone looked at me with blank faces.
Work = Everyone said, "So who the HELL is our first round guy?"
Seattle boards (various) = "LOL SEATTLE OMG BUST!"
Seattle boards (various) = "WHO!?"

I was ecstatic with the Irvin pick. Knew he was a top 10 prospect if he'd come out a year early.

That said, don't read into this post folks. I have plenty of crow to swallow with Durham, Curry, and others.
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll name a few I've been majorly wrong about, since we seem to be doing a little bit of both in this thread.

- Matt Flynn is probably my most recent flop. Most of you around here know how much I loved him and how I refused to let Wilson take the job from him Laughing Though I should point out that I said Flynn would make us better in 2012, but Wilson would make us better every year after that. For all we know, maybe Flynn would have been better! (I'm kidding...kinda)

- I argued Kam was better than Earl last year with a few of you. This was probably me just trying to be different. Earl is definitely the better player whereas Kam was just making more of the flashy plays. Still love Kam and what he brings to the table.

- I said Mike Williams would have a huge year in his second season with us. He didn't even make the final 53 IIRC. Sad Still love BMW and I'll probably never let go what could have been with him. I'll argue for the rest of my years that he has the best pair of hands I've ever watched on this team.

- Since we're talking about him, I was definitely wrong about Bruce Irvin's draft stock. Verdict is still out on him, but it doesn't change the fact that I said Irvin was a late 2nd to early 3rd round prospect.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to the Matt Flynn list, although I wanted him to get a fair chance more than anything.

I also thought that Brian Price would be a great UT in Seattle Laughing.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL_Announcer wrote:
imani wrote:

I still argue I was the ONLY ONE in Seattle that knew who Bruce Irvin was and that he was worthy of a first round pick.

I was ecstatic with the Irvin pick. Knew he was a top 10 prospect if he'd come out a year early.

That said, don't read into this post folks. I have plenty of crow to swallow with Durham, Curry, and others.
you weren't on this board at the time then:lol: I had hoped we could get him at the end the first, but I was in love with Bruce

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
NFL_Announcer wrote:
imani wrote:

you weren't on this board at the time then:lol: I had hoped we could get him at the end the first, but I was in love with Bruce

lol nice. I'm sure there were others of course (you being one). You're the first person I've had tell me that they knew who he was and was excited to get him heh.
thedudehi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this on April 30, 2012, just after the draft.

Quote:
Russell Wilson highlights from last season in Wisconsin. http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded
Some notes from watching: His play action? Sick, seems like everyone on D bites. Could be important with Lynch and Turbin.
Way faster than I expected.
Great pocket skills (granted these are highlights but judging from his numbers, most of his plays were highlights) + arm strength and touch on his throws.
I've also read that Wilson had maybe the biggest hands of any QB in the draft, which can help in rainy Seattle for holding on to the ball.
Also, due to his high release point, his release point compares to RGIII and last season he had less passes batted down than Luck and Griffin. The reason he fell in the draft is solely on height but Wilson is superb at finding throwing lanes, something Brees has been able to do in his time in the NFL.

I haven't even covered his character yet, he was named team captain within 20 days of being on the Wisonsin football team. One of the huge things Pete Carroll preaches is limiting turnovers and Wilson is a master at this. His freshman year at NC State the dude threw for 17 TDs and 1 INT! Last year, 39 total TDs, 4 INTs. $$$$$

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=640432
Plush

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been a member long enough Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: