Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Green Bay's Top 22 for 2013 (#3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is #3?
B.J. Raji
30%
 30%  [ 15 ]
Jordy Nelson
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Randall Cobb
48%
 48%  [ 24 ]
Josh Sitton
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 50

Beast

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of those choices I'm going to have to say Cobb because I think MM and Rodgers will be focusing on him. Heck at times Rodgers was focusing on Cobb too much (like Favre would do with his favorite WR).

But I think the second best pass rusher and OL both might be more important to the season than those listed.

I'm thinking Bullaga, Perry and maybe Neal... there are going to come times where the Packers need sacks or need to stop them and those guys will be important in the big moments.

Back to Rodgers being overly focus on Cobb... I forget which game but one of them they had two WR on the outside, Kuhn at blocking RB and Cobb in the slot. (I think a TE or RB also can't remember).

But Rodgers had been throwing to Cobb a ton already... Cobb had one CB trying to cover him, a Safety coming closer and closer knowing Rodgers has been staring him down and another CB (who's pretending to cover Kuhn but really) total focus is on trying to break on a ball to Cobb..

Throw to Cobb for 6 yards or so and 3 DBs there right away...

If he pump fake that to Cobb and threw it to Kuhn he would of had between 15 and 20 yards (assuming the first guy to him tackles him).

I'm not blaming Rodgers for going to Cobb, but basically totally open guy vs 3 guys following him for about the same distance throw... go for the open guy (at least if they can catch)
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if having Jordy and Jennings out for several games was the reason why Aaron focused on Cobb a lot and was the reason JJ got so many TDs last season? WR is important but like others have said if we lose Cobb we can still function at a high level. Lose ARod or CM3? Not so much. With the choices given maybe I should have voted for BJ too...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
I assume people are voting on who they think are going to have the bigger season???

I'm taking Raji here. I just think with the addition of Datone Jones, and the experience of our other young D-lineman will take a lot of pressure off of BJ, and he goes off.

Dangit was going to say this, but ya beat me to it. Get Raji some help around him and watch him return to 2010 form!! Shocked

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: