Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Green Bay's Top 22 for 2013 (#3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is #3?
B.J. Raji
30%
 30%  [ 15 ]
Jordy Nelson
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Randall Cobb
48%
 48%  [ 24 ]
Josh Sitton
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 50

deathstar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Well the answer is Raji then. He's the nose of the ship. If he is ineffective our defense will get wrecked.

If I recall last vs Houston , Rajiv did not play and with Pickett at NT things went very well. Not sure how that holds up over more than one game.

To be fair, it was mostly due to Rodgers throwing 6 TDs causing Houston to abandon Arian Foster. We did well containing him when they ran it, but he only had like 10 attempts I believe. I also think Pickett mostly plays NT and some DE, whereas Raji played mostly DE and some NT.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Cobb. Developing into a premier threat and will be a top 10 target by the season's end. Throw in the fact that he's only 22 ( Shocked ) and you have one of the best young players, not just receivers, in the game.

Now, Raji may be equally important and the second most critical piece to the defense, but that doesn't make him the best in my eyes. His production will improve over the next several years and his peak is yet to come; Cobb, on the other hand, is peaking and will continue to do so for another six to seven years.
Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

193 rush yards, 4 TD's
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say Randall.

On #4 you should probably include more options though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of the first day of summer, I would say Cobb. However, I could see any one of the following slide into that role.

-Nick Perry
-Mike Neal
-Jerron McMillian
-Casey Hayward
-Sam Shields
-Q
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McThreadski wrote:
As of the first day of summer, I would say Cobb. However, I could see any one of the following slide into that role.

-Nick Perry
-Mike Neal
-Jerron McMillian
-Casey Hayward
-Sam Shields
-Q

...what? Really? A second string tight end who's coming off major knee surgery and wasn't overly productive to begin with?

A fourth round draft pick from Maine who has distinct limitations?
justo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raji doesn't get his share around here.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

What has he done lately?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Datone and Perry back, Raji should be back to great numbers. Pretty excited to see our line this year

Shanedorf wrote:
I'm a little surprised you didn't pick up on that given your unquestioned expertise in psychologically assessing people you've never even met.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without the option of Bulaga I went with Sitton. If he and BB (and the rest of the O line) don't protect #12 this offense won't go no matter who are WRs are.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
justo wrote:

What has he done lately?
Play NT in a 3-4 defense? There's not very many humans in the world that can do that. The way I see this is if a player was wiped off of the roster. If Raji is gone, we are in trouble. Pickett's the only other guy that can really see time there. If Cobb went down we'd still have Jordy/James, two rookies, and two sophomore with potential.
pollino14

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume people are voting on who they think are going to have the bigger season???

I'm taking Raji here. I just think with the addition of Datone Jones, and the experience of our other young D-lineman will take a lot of pressure off of BJ, and he goes off.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the criteria - who is going to be the most important for our 2013 success - it's Raji without question. Based on who is going to have the most impactful season - it's Raji, again. Based on who is going to put up the most stats - Cobb, by far.

If Cobb went down, our passing game would continue humming along. Rodgers may only throw for 35 TDs instead of 40. Now if Raji went down, we have nothing but question marks along the defensive line.

I agree with those saying Raji doesn't get his due around here. Easily the most talented 330-lbs. man to play in the Green and Gold.
Pick6byWoodson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kinda depressing that these are options for our third best player. Those four are good players but ideally would be options for like, the fifth best player.
Beast

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Well the answer is Raji then. He's the nose of the ship. If he is ineffective our defense will get wrecked.

If I recall last vs Houston , Rajiv did not play and with Pickett at NT things went very well. Not sure how that holds up over more than one game.

Plain and simple Pickett is the best run stopper the Packers have it's not even close to who ever is second (probably Raji).

Raji got the NT job because like T-Rex he's a beast but his arms are too short... at least for the two gap 3-4 DE position.

Pickett whose arms also shorter than you would like for the 3-4 position doesn't do much pass rushing no matter where you put him. He has doesn't have the explosion anymore and he's also been a very wide guy which clogs the line up... which is good if you're trying to clog the OL up... bad if you're trying to pass rush (cus the OL is trying to clog you up).

Also some have claimed it's due to Raji ankle injuries the last couple of years but man you haven't seen him pass rush like he did his second year. Everyone says that's because the lost of Jenkins is giving him more double teams, but even when he does get one on one action he still doesn't kill the OL like he used too.

I do know part of that is scheme with Capers asking the DL to rub clog more. But again even when he was asked to pass rush 100% and got one on one it wasn't the same as two years ago.

I'm think it's an attitude thing... I feel like he had a chip on his shoulder and after success (and losing his pass rushing partner in Jenkins) he lost that chip for what ever reason.

I've been hoping maybe on of the other DL will pass him in sacks and that would put the chip back on his shoulder again and maybe this contract thing as well will.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: