Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Could we be BETTER, than what our 10-6 record indicated?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Could we be BETTER, than what our 10-6 record indicated? Reply with quote

LOL...
I know that sounds crazy, considering we won the Division with a 10-6 record. And we're all real excited right now, going into the season.

But think about how all that happened, though?
We lose our main stud receiving weapon in Garcon, basically right after his long RG3 connection in the Saints game. (as that D-Back grabbed his foot on that play, which I believe is the source of the injury) Here's my proof of reasoning: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/09/x-rays-negative-on-garcon-foot-injury/
Either way, we were without him for 6 games

He didn't play against St Louis or Cincy (wk-2 & 3) We lose both
He did start against TB & Atl. (Wk-4 & 5) but was still hurt, imo. (1 catch for 20 yards VS tampa & 3 catches for 24 yards VS Atlanta) we barely beat tampa
Then he missed Wk-6 thru 9 (Min, Gia, Pit & Car) We get passed Minny and lose the other 3
Then we draw a Bye WK.

Then, this is when he comes back. (Wk-11)
Started the philly game & only had 3 catches for 5 yards. He didn't do much, but we probably didn't need him this game anyways. Probably being held out many plays, by coaching staff.

Ok..We were 4-6 at this point & the season was basically over.

Then all of a sudden, we can't lose.

Garcon gets us 4 catches for 86 yards & a TD VS Dallas
8 catches for 106 yards & a TD VS Giants
5 catches for 83 yards & a TD VS Ravens
6 catches for 65 yards VS Cleveland
7 catches for 89 yards VS Philly
and in the finale, he had 3 catches for 46 yards VS Dallas, as Morris roughrided the Cowboys all day.

My point is, we probably win the St. Louis & 1st Giants game with him in the lineup. And even the Atlanta game seemed like we were going to win that one as well.

I will count the Bengals, Carolina & Pitt games as losses, cause we simply didn't play that well. Garcon could have helped for sure, but I can't say for certain we would have won because of the way we played as a team.

That's 2 extra wins and possibly a 3rd with JUST Garcon in the Lineup.
That's a 12-4 or 13-3 record, we COULD have reached.

When you add in the fact that we lost so many Defensive Players as well such as Orakpo, Carriker, Merriweather, T. Jackson (all Starters)? There's an argument to be made.

Not to mention, RG3 lost a weapon in Fred Davis who only started 7 games last year.
Weeks 1-thru-7
The exact amount of games garcon was at his worst in contributing for the team, with the exception to the 1st game VS Saints.

Guys...we never had all our guys/starters on the field together last year at the same time & we won the Division.

I know you all already knew this, but I wanted to break down some of the stuff.

If our guys can stay healthy, who cares if we couldn't be that active in Free Agency.

We could already be looking at a 13-3/12-4 Washington Redskins Team, just by retaining all the guys from this Playoff team & them staying healthy.
Cool

of course...with a tougher schedule now.

I'm excited!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you are what your record is, but if the question is should we be better with those guys returning off injury and offseason upgrades? The answer is yes.

I think 11-5 this year and our D is around 10th, offense the same ranking as last year
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/2012-adjusted-games-lost

If I understand this chart --Only 3 teams lost more games by starters than us.. It's ranked from least injuries/ games missed to high ( I think ) and we are 29th!!! and YES,, We still won the Division .. Dancing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:

If I understand this chart --Only 3 teams lost more games by starters than us.. It's ranked from least injuries/ games missed to high ( I think ) and we are 29th!!! and YES,, We still won the Division .. Dancing
that sounds about right, which points to us being a better team this year. I think 99% of us can agree that if only Rak had been healthy all year our pass rush would have been better and we would have probably won one more game, and that's just one guy. Not counting, Meriweather, Helu, Carriker, Tanard Jackson, Davis and Garçon being limited.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

that sounds about right, which points to us being a better team this year. I think 99% of us can agree that if only Rak had been healthy all year our pass rush would have been better and we would have probably won one more game, and that's just one guy. Not counting, Meriweather, Helu, Carriker, Tanard Jackson, Davis and Garçon being limited.
Everyone gets injured though. Its part of the game and dealing with injuries while remaining successful is what separates deep talented teams from the poorly managed teams. I think your initial response was correct, you are what your record is.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 9 tackles
Jordan Reed - 1 catch, 4 rec yards, 1 bum hamstring
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Everyone gets injured though. Its part of the game and dealing with injuries while remaining successful is what separates deep talented teams from the poorly managed teams. I think your initial response was correct, you are what your record is.
Every team does have injuries, but not every team has the 3rd most in the league. And not every team loses their 2 of their top 3 pass rushers week 2 of then season.

All I'm saying is, if Rak is healthy (1 guy) it makes a huge difference on our pass rush, which in turn makes our secondary better because the Qb has less time to throw.
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe at the moment, we have a 13-3 to 12-4 type of team.
Unfortunately, injuries kept us from reaching that potential & the results were a 10-6 overall record.

This year?
We kept the same players from that 10-6 year, with minor additions & the loss of Alexander.
Even if healthy, I see a 10-6 to 11-5 type season with a much tougher schedule.

We may not have added anyone of significance in FA, but we kept everyone from that playoff team + a draft. Add in a tougher schedule & I'm hopeful of a good season.

If we hit on Amerson, Rambo &/or Thomas, we could reach 12-4 with a much improved pass defense.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what really hurt our team last year was Orkapo going out in the 2nd game for the season. That was huge because all of a sudden we didn't have much of a pass rush which resulted in our very average secondary being exposed even more. Losing both starting safties didn't help matters either.

This year we are stacked with some promising rookies and Orakpo is back and healthy. But we have a more difficult schedule and RGIII is coming back from a big injury. So I don't know. We can be a 12-4 team just as easily 6-10.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
I think what really hurt our team last year was Orkapo going out in the 2nd game for the season. That was huge because all of a sudden we didn't have much of a pass rush which resulted in our very average secondary being exposed even more. Losing both starting safties didn't help matters either.

This year we are stacked with some promising rookies and Orakpo is back and healthy. But we have a more difficult schedule and RGIII is coming back from a big injury. So I don't know. We can be a 12-4 team just as easily 6-10.
this! Thank you baby Jesus someone else acknowledges this but a handful of us
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read footballsfuture community forum then no lol...

However I believe this team will only get better and by the end of this season will be considered an elite squad. The defense is going to improve with the additions of Amerson, Thomas and Rambo not to mention Orakpo and possibly Carriker coming back. Fred Davis and Jordan Reed will both add a new dimension to our offense we didn't have last year and Chris Thompson will provide plenty of speed out of the backfield. I'm going with 12-4 as our final record.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
If you read footballsfuture community forum then no lol...

However I believe this team will only get better and by the end of this season will be considered an elite squad. The defense is going to improve with the additions of Amerson, Thomas and Rambo not to mention Orakpo and possibly Carriker coming back. Fred Davis and Jordan Reed will both add a new dimension to our offense we didn't have last year and Chris Thompson will provide plenty of speed out of the backfield. I'm going with 12-4 as our final record.
yep. And don't forget about Meriweather and we now have a healthy London Fletcher, morgan and Helu, last year, we did not. Then, Garçon is going to be more healthy as well.

The other FF community needs to understand that when a team returns 21 of the previous years starters that generally, that team has the same record or better.
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing no one mentioned but for me is a HUGE plus is how hungry this team is. Just think that Hall, Moss and I just don't remember who else too pay cuts. They know this team is about to do something special and they want to be a part of it. The locker room has never been as tight as it is now. You can't buy, coach, root for things like this people, this is a TEAM.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: