Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp - Tom Brady fine after injury in practice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Sudfeld article:

http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2013/06/the-pats-glaring-tight-end-hole-means-its-time-to-talk-about-zach-sudfeld-the-67-bro-with-the-37-vertical/

Nice find. He's definitely an intriguing combination of size and athleticism and I've watched plenty of Nevada football - enough to know he has definite upside.

However, I just can't make the leap to him being a good bet to contribute on the NFL level. Not yet anyway. His injury history is bad. Belichick has a weird (and IMO irrational) liking of Fells. Hoomanawanui has upside if he (like Sudfeld) can avoid injury. Ballard - if healthy - is a near lock to be the #1 or #2 TE's depending on Gronkowski and Hernandez's availability.

If he tears up training camp the way he did in minicamp and if Ballard remains hobbled, I'll give him a much better shot. But it wasn't that long ago we were talking about how great Will Yeatman would be or Bam Childress or how impressive Taylor Price looked in pre-season (etc etc).

Guys who are total unknowns or longshots don't have to do much in minicamp to get noticed because the bar is set so low. Anything that demonstrates potential value is intriguing/exciting. And his size/athleticism translates well to non-contact drills against (I'm assuming) the Pats 2nd/3rd team defenders.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Patriots UDFA TE Zach Sudfield's Pro Day: 6'7/253, 4.78 40, 37" vertical, 9'5" broad. Kyle Rudolph: 6'6/259, 4.83, 34.5" vert, 9'5" broad.

http://twitter.com/evansilva/statuses/350305510026784768
Tom Brady Tribute
patman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see how any fan can not be excited about TC. I go at least 1/2 dozen times every year when the practice in pads. I am more excited this year than the year they signed Chad Johnson and Haynesworth.

I don't go to camp to watch the guys who have been on the team forever, I go to see how the 2nd year guys look along with the rookies and the FA signings. As far as a camp experience I am more excited to See Ballard and Sudfield than i would be Hernandez and Gronk.

Armstead, Kelly, Bequette, Jones and Buccannon on the D-line, Will we see more 3-4 this year?

How will the d-backfield look with the two Wilson's? Will Hightower see more time at ILB? All the new Recievers! I can't wait to get to camp
PoWww

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patman wrote:
I can't see how any fan can not be excited about TC. I go at least 1/2 dozen times every year when the practice in pads. I am more excited this year than the year they signed Chad Johnson and Haynesworth.

I don't go to camp to watch the guys who have been on the team forever, I go to see how the 2nd year guys look along with the rookies and the FA signings. As far as a camp experience I am more excited to See Ballard and Sudfield than i would be Hernandez and Gronk.

Armstead, Kelly, Bequette, Jones and Buccannon on the D-line, Will we see more 3-4 this year?

How will the d-backfield look with the two Wilson's? Will Hightower see more time at ILB? All the new Recievers! I can't wait to get to camp

I love training camp too. It sucks that they don't really have double sessions now though. Driving an hour and half for 1 practice isn't as great as when I used to get to see too.

My favorite part is definitely watching the rookies and new additions.

^Deadpulse
TomRalph wrote:
Looking forward to a Top 10 pick this year.

Adopt a Patriot- Stevan Ridley
patman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoWww wrote:
patman wrote:

I love training camp too. It sucks that they don't really have double sessions now though. Driving an hour and half for 1 practice isn't as great as when I used to get to see too.

Right, and the wait between double sessions was boring, now they have the entire Patriot place plaza where you could even go to a movie between sessions and now - no more double sessions!.

I takes me about an hour, when I go I just cross my fingers that they wont be in shells 2 days in a row.

I was there last year for the saints joint practice and will be there again for the joint practice this year.
PoWww

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patman wrote:
PoWww wrote:
patman wrote:

Right, and the wait between double sessions was boring, now they have the entire Patriot place plaza where you could even go to a movie between sessions and now - no more double sessions!.

I takes me about an hour, when I go I just cross my fingers that they wont be in shells 2 days in a row.

I was there last year for the saints joint practice and will be there again for the joint practice this year.

I thought it was with the Eagles and it's open only to season ticket holders?

^Deadpulse
TomRalph wrote:
Looking forward to a Top 10 pick this year.

Adopt a Patriot- Stevan Ridley
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoWww wrote:
patman wrote:
PoWww wrote:
patman wrote:

I thought it was with the Eagles and it's open only to season ticket holders?

The joint practice with the Eagles is closed to the public. I'm not sure about the one with the Bucs.
patman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't care about the Philly practice, I wont drive 6 hours anyway.

The Buc's practices will be open to the public at Foxboro.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best friend and I are going to TC and then a Red Sox game in one day, anyone have any suggestions on the day?

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
My best friend and I are going to TC and then a Red Sox game in one day, anyone have any suggestions on the day?

Now that camp is in Foxboro, there's an awkward amount of time between a 7 PM Sox game and Pats morning practice unless you're into pre-gaming the baseball at a bar.

Back when the Pats would have 2 a days and were practicing in Rhode Island, it was a nice schedule. You could hit both practices, grab some dinner on Rt. 1 and shoot up to Fenway. I used to do it at least twice a summer.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Now that camp is in Foxboro, there's an awkward amount of time between a 7 PM Sox game and Pats morning practice unless you're into pre-gaming the baseball at a bar.

Back when the Pats would have 2 a days and were practicing in Rhode Island, it was a nice schedule. You could hit both practices, grab some dinner on Rt. 1 and shoot up to Fenway. I used to do it at least twice a summer.

We usually hit up the Hall for the 100th time, maybe do a little shopping, get some dinner either at Patriot Place or in Boston, and if there is time, a bar would be great haha

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
BP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

We usually hit up the Hall for the 100th time, maybe do a little shopping, get some dinner either at Patriot Place or in Boston, and if there is time, a bar would be great haha
All that sounds good, I would suggest you try taking the T from Foxboro into Boston to get the full experience. It's not something I've personally done yet, but I really want to at some point. I think it would be fun to hop aboard the train before and/or after a Patriots game.

I think a trip to the training camp via car, then taking the T up to Boston for a meal and some walking around, then Fenway Park and back on the T to Gillette Stadium would be a fun day that would keep you stimulated.

Heck, I might do that with my buddy haha.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

All that sounds good, I would suggest you try taking the T from Foxboro into Boston to get the full experience. It's not something I've personally done yet, but I really want to at some point. I think it would be fun to hop aboard the train before and/or after a Patriots game.

I think a trip to the training camp via car, then taking the T up to Boston for a meal and some walking around, then Fenway Park and back on the T to Gillette Stadium would be a fun day that would keep you stimulated.

The train only goes to Foxboro on game days. You wouldn't be able to take it to camp.
patman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

The Pats practiced more in the afternoon than they do in the morning the last few years. Usually 1-3:30
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
BP wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

The train only goes to Foxboro on game days. You wouldn't be able to take it to camp.

Yea that confused me because I used to live in Boston and couldnt believe a T to Foxboro alluded me haha.

Right now I live in southern NH, so I drive right through Boston to get to Foxboro anyways

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 2 of 47

Jump to: