Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Our Secret Superstar This Season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
I hope our secret superstar is Matt Flynn. Because unless a QB steps up, this team will be underwhelming.

Ok so funny story. I was about to post that pic of McFadden laughing because he would be the solution. But I could only find pics with the 59-14 game score in them. Then a sig I made popped up. On another site. Confused

The hell. This isn't the first time I've been ripped off on here for sig work. Regardless of how crappy it is, its not cool.

That happens to me all the time. On one forum some dude was taking credit for making my sigs. I didn't even bother w/ it. If you're a no talent hack who has to lie to get e-respect you're a failure at life. Annoying, but w/ no monetary value, meh.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Easy.

Mychal Rivera, who has nearly identical measurements to Brandon Meyers and similar skill set. Rivera has virtually no competition at his position and will be relied on heavily as an outlet receiver for a QB corps learning a new offense.

I can't see it. Knapp's offense (and the inability to get the running game going) created Myers' sats. Olson's offense won't be so TE focused in the passing game and whoever is the starting TE will earn the job based on his blocking ability first and foremost. That's not Rivera's strength. Rivera's fit is the receiving TE/HBack which is more likely to be filled by Reece (or Ausberry) to create matchup issues than by a late round rookie. Imo, Rivera will be nothing more than a STer if he's active on gameday.

IMO, Bilukidi has a good shot to breakthrough in his 2nd season. Pat Sims won't be on the field on passing downs which should give Bilukidi a fair share of the snaps each week. I think, with his atheltic ability, he can flourish in a role giving him the freedom to shoot the gaps and get to the QB.

I can't see it but then I'm just disagreeing because we never agree (OK. I'm really kidding. Seriously) There are a few people here who believe that Bilukidi would make a better 3-technique DT. However, the organization has consistently listed Bilukidi as a NT and his role will be to free up Vance Walker and Johnny Jones. Bilukidi will get the lion's share of the snaps at NT because Sims has historically been injury prone. If Bilukidi does his job well he'll be the one coming out of passing downs to keep him fresh. If he doesn't, Bilukidi won't have many opportunities to rush the passer as offenses will be too busy running all over the defense.

Conversely, I suspect PBS running and WCO passing which would protect Flynn (or Wilson) and play to their strengths but not the strengths of Moore & Ford who both regressed running WCO routes through traffic last season. With outside receivers struggling the QB would be forced to target the TE working underneath. In fact I believe Rivera was specifically targeted because his measureables are nearly identical to Myers and his college production was similar to the way Meyers was used last season, exploiting soft zones. Rivera has exceptional hands and will quickly prove to be one of the more reliable receivers. I have Rivera with a strong chance of winning the position outright.

Similar to RaiderNation anointing Pryor too early the organization spoke volumes by immediately going out and trading for Flynn and then drafting Wilson after declaring an "open competition", the Raiders named Ausberry & Gordon 1a & 1b and then spent too draft picks at their position for a reason.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
I hope our secret superstar is Matt Flynn. Because unless a QB steps up, this team will be underwhelming.

Ok so funny story. I was about to post that pic of McFadden laughing because he would be the solution. But I could only find pics with the 59-14 game score in them. Then a sig I made popped up. On another site. Confused

The hell. This isn't the first time I've been ripped off on here for sig work. Regardless of how crappy it is, its not cool.

That happens to me all the time. On one forum some dude was taking credit for making my sigs. I didn't even bother w/ it. If you're a no talent hack who has to lie to get e-respect you're a failure at life. Annoying, but w/ no monetary value, meh.

Someone posted 2 of my Tyvon sigs and one of cDubs' Tyvon sigs to Tyvon's facebook and said he did them like 3 years ago. That was BS.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Jack Crawford? We need a DE to step up and I think he has the tools to take a step up.

Bilukidi is another good call.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

I can't see it but then I'm just disagreeing because we never agree (OK. I'm really kidding. Seriously) There are a few people here who believe that Bilukidi would make a better 3-technique DT. However, the organization has consistently listed Bilukidi as a NT and his role will be to free up Vance Walker and Johnny Jones. Bilukidi will get the lion's share of the snaps at NT because Sims has historically been injury prone. If Bilukidi does his job well he'll be the one coming out of passing downs to keep him fresh. If he doesn't, Bilukidi won't have many opportunities to rush the passer as offenses will be too busy running all over the defense.

I'm definitely not aware the organization has ever listed Bilukidi as a NT. They're listing Johnny Jones as a NT though. From what i could gather about Walker, he was most effective at the 1 technique although he played multiple spots on the Falcons dline.
http://www.tfdssports.com/2013-articles/march/tale-of-the-tape-dt-vance-walker.html
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

I'm definitely not aware the organization has ever listed Bilukidi as a NT. They're listing Johnny Jones as a NT though. From what i could gather about Walker, he was most effective at the 1 technique although he played multiple spots on the Falcons dline.
http://www.tfdssports.com/2013-articles/march/tale-of-the-tape-dt-vance-walker.html

http://www.raiders.com/team/depth-chart.html

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clearly missed that. Everywhere i can find some projected depth charts at the moment, he's backing up Walker at the 3 tech.
Just wondering. Who else would the Raiders have listed as the backup NT at the end of the 2012 season?
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
How about Jack Crawford? We need a DE to step up and I think he has the tools to take a step up.

I can't see Crawford doing much. In fact, I believe he's only on the team by default. I haven't heard of him making any headway to get to a starting position. The dude wasn't good in college so I don't expect much of him here.

PM sig requests.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
I clearly missed that. Everywhere i can find some projected depth charts at the moment, he's backing up Walker at the 3 tech.
Just wondering. Who else would the Raiders have listed as the backup NT at the end of the 2012 season?

Key word "projected". If you are going by CBS there are a number discrepancies. Bilukidi was listed by Raiders.com as the backup NT wire to wire last season.

Bonez wrote:
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:

I can't see Crawford doing much. In fact, I believe he's only on the team by default. I haven't heard of him making any headway to get to a starting position. The dude wasn't good in college so I don't expect much of him here.

He doesn't have that much of a hill to climb to be a starter and his biggest knock was his lack of experience. He made a lot of noise in camp last year and was playing early as a rookie before he got hurt, we haven't even hit camp yet a little early to say he doesn't have a chance. RDE is wide open, and Crawford could provide equal services as Shaughnessy did in the 1st and 2nd down role. I think he was our 3rd DE prior to injury.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Key word "projected". If you are going by CBS there are a number discrepancies. Bilukidi was listed by Raiders.com as the backup NT wire to wire last season.

I was actually mostly going by that.
http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/5/22/4356576/oakland-raiders-ota-depth-chart

No idea how accurate it is but it's coming from someone who has attended practice this offseason so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rod Streater hands down best work ethic on the Raiders Star in the Making
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunDmc23 wrote:

How would you compare Streater's work ethic to DHB or Pryor?

Bonez wrote:
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

I was actually mostly going by that.
http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/5/22/4356576/oakland-raiders-ota-depth-chart

No idea how accurate it is but it's coming from someone who has attended practice this offseason so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I've always found it curious how interior defensive lineman are listed on the depth chart. Al Davis preferred two penetrating UTs next to one another and always listed them both as DT/DT. Detroit does this as well and imo it entices either to jump the snap causing penalties. Fairley led DTs in penalties in 2012. Allen's defensive specifically lists a designated NT. However, absent a true NT Tommy Kelly was asked to fulfill that role but at times reverted back to being a penetrator (Kelly 2nd in penalties in 2013), often exposing the defense when he did.

If Bilukidi cannot fulfill the role of NTotF then once again the defense will be a sieve again as McGee is definitely a 3-tech DT and Sims has durability issues. I don't know anything about Johnny Jones, scouting reports suggest he is just a camp body. At the very least there should be a rotation at NT and if you're suggestion holds true the Raiders don't have anyone to keep Sims fresh. This interior DL does have some talent but is woefully thin if Biluidi can't hold down backup NT.

Bonez wrote:
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:

How would you compare Streater's work ethic to DHB or Pryor?

Personally, I don't think anyone works or has worked harder than DHB.

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: