Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Saints of the future
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude what? Keenan Lewis signed a very team friendly contract. I would rip the rest of your uneducated post apart but I'm on my phone. The Saints don't overpay free agents, can't remember the last time we did honestly.

RTR
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
NS922

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Roster Wise- Projecting a Contender in 2016 necessitates drafting more effectively in the coming years.

By 2016, Sean Payton will have been fired. Hiring Rob Ryan will be largely to blame, but the inability to fix the Defense will have forced a Rebuild. The question will be does Brees want to stick around for 3-4 years of rebuilding? In an ideal world, the roster would've been supplemented via successful drafts (Steelers) over the past few years. The 'Core' from the SB Team has aged, and roster turnover was inevitable. The Combination of Bounty Gate Penalties & dismal selections leaves the cupboard pretty empty.

Payton will simply want out rather than rebuilding. And he'll emphasize to Mr. Benson that it's not his strength (Salary Cap & Personnel Management). They'll part on amicable terms. Benson will thank him for a tremendous era in Saints Football, and Sean whose current 49 Years Old (Wow Young) will have his choice of marquee jobs- New York Teams, Dallas, Houston, ect. You'll ask, why did he resign then? Because he had $ 40 Million reasons.

Rebuilding a roster often requires breaking it down to the studs. To avoid this fate, you've got to draft well. Failure in drafts isn't evident just on the surface, the ENTIRE offseason speaks to this reality. Had to sign Keenan Lewis, overpay him in the process, b/c the team can't find a Corner. Last yera overpaid 2 Linebackers because it made sense- We got Fujita & Shanle the year of the SB. Brodrick Bunkley- Missed on Sedrick Ellis. Darren Sproles- Opps w/ Reggie Bush.

The goal besides maybe the Sproles acquisition isn't about adding talent or scheming to win more games, it's about covering up the major errors in the draft.

Sean will be Gone. If the Saints are Smart, they'd admit this 'Core' ain't winning another Super Bowl. Get value back for the useful parts, and being to rebuild.

You're stupid Laughing

Harper41 wrote:
Dude what? Keenan Lewis signed a very team friendly contract. I would rip the rest of your uneducated post apart but I'm on my phone. The Saints don't overpay free agents, can't remember the last time we did honestly.

It's not even worth our time.
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="NS922"]
Conquest8089 wrote:

The goal besides maybe the Sproles acquisition isn't about adding talent or scheming to win more games, it's about covering up the major errors in the draft.

Winning is always the major goal, above 98% of anything in the NFL. Adding talent and schemes are a part of how you win. And you could argue Coach Payton has not even really had the experience of a rebuild year or two. The Saints can have a shot at another superbowl, maybe two.

After that Its a rebuild year(s) until the coaching staff is stable and the pieces are found to create a team. I'm fine with a rebuild year with Brees gone, every team goes through it. Why would I think the Saints are any different? But to say "isn't about adding talent or scheming to win more games" I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around your logic sir
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB Connoisseur wrote:
jcvoodoo wrote:
And maybe that is Ryan Griffin? Ya never know.

There's no way in hell Ryan Griffin is a franchise quarterback.

I think you're underestimating Sean Payton's QB developing ability. He's one of the best (up there with Jim Harbaugh and Mike Mccarthy). He developed Tony Romo into a great QB, Chase Daniel into a competent starter (he could have very well been a competent starter if he didn't have a top 10 QB of all time in front of hi), and turned Drew Brees from a good QB into an elite one. I want to see what he can do with this guy, of course, I'd rather pick up Tajh Boyd in the 2nd next year, he fits our scheme perfectly.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: