Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why Nate Irving will fail at MLB
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b_rent87

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Why Nate Irving will fail at MLB Reply with quote

I don't see the dedication from Nate. I see a player who will be limited in coverage and who just doesn't have what it takes. I was hoping otherwise but I'm sorry I just don't see Nate being successful here. If Bishop was an option he should be brought in. I have a guy feeling Nate will be replaced by Bradley a few games in.

Props to Jamison on the sig
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dedication? What does that mean? Have there been reports of laziness?

The role he'd be asked to fill should play to his strengths as a player and in our defense, it's really not a huge role. I think we'd be in great shape if he's merely serviceable.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Why Nate Irving will fail at MLB Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:
I don't see the dedication from Nate. I see a player who will be limited in coverage and who just doesn't have what it takes.

What would have shown you "dedication"? Unless you are a Denver Broncos coach or member of the media present at OTA's and Mini-camps, I don't see how you would be in a position to judge his dedication.

Which instances lead you to believe he will be limited in coverage? Also, what do you mean "doesn't have what it takes"? Could you be less vague?

b_rent87 wrote:
I was hoping otherwise but I'm sorry I just don't see Nate being successful here. If Bishop was an option he should be brought in. I have a guy feeling Nate will be replaced by Bradley a few games in.

Doesn't have what it takes, hoping otherwise, I just don't see it, I have a feeling...none of this is convincing me that "Nate Irving will fail at MLB".

I'm sorry if you had a bad dream or something, but give me a reason or example instead of feelings/hopes before making such a damning proclamation. For the record, I'm not propping Irving up as a good player, I'm firmly in the group (which is probably the majority) of "wait and see".
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is completely erroneous. Nobody knows what he can be until he plays. The only people that know if he can be of any use is the coaching staff and every one of them has said Irving has shown the abilities, he just needs to show consistency. Hes not been given the time to prove one way or another.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all correct it is just a guy feeling. But I know coaches have questioned his dedication to being a leader read it in some articles. I should have been more clear about the dedication part the guy does just golf and play video games so he isn't a criminal but he needs to give it his all to be great. I believe a MLB next year in the draft will ultimately supplant him after Bradley
Does this year

JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:
You are all correct it is just a guy feeling. But I know coaches have questioned his dedication to being a leader read it in some articles. I should have been more clear about the dedication part the guy does just golf and play video games so he isn't a criminal but he needs to give it his all to be great. I believe a MLB next year in the draft will ultimately supplant him after Bradley
Does this year

So youre more comfortable with Stewart Bradley than Nate Irving? What has Bradley proven that Irving hasnt?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually liked what i have seen from Nate Irving in his small sample size. He made some nice plays chasing plays inside out and eliminating cut back lanes. It'll be interesting seeing how he does taking on blocks and what not, though he isn't going to be a coverage LB and will come out in passing situations....which isn't really all that big of a deal at the MLB position.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol what?

Are you on the coaching staff or something? In what way would you even begin to quantify Nate Irving's dedication? I know you love Desmond Bishop, but I find it funny how much everyone is slobbering over someone who is a slightly better version of Joe Mays.

Thanks, Tzimisce
b_rent87

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
b_rent87 wrote:
Does this year

So youre more comfortable with Stewart Bradley than Nate Irving? What has Bradley proven that Irving hasnt?
Bradley has more experience and I would rather have that then trust Nate Irving to fill the void in a Super Bowl contention season

Winder23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
b_rent87 wrote:
Does this year

Bradley has more experience and I would rather have that then trust Nate Irving to fill the void in a Super Bowl contention season
This is why the Broncos added Bradley to the mix. Irving has proved nothing to this point so it is hard to say. I agree with Germ, I like what little I have seen. Don't count Johnson out either. He could be a sleeper to get some playing time.
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooof. This kinda negativity in June? Its supposed to be positive thought time in football fans minds. I bet even the Raiders fans are optimistic right now and talking about how guys are going to rise to the occasion, or exceed expectations.

Irving is solid vs the run with good instincts and gets up field real well. He doesn't need to be good in coverage, MLB is a two down position in Fox and JDR's system, so he wont play obvious passing downs.

I get having a gut feeling, and I respect that, but is there anything at all this can be based off of? Is it social media? You say all he does is golf and play video games. How do you know? If I made assumptions off what I see on players social media I'd assume most dont train, because they dont tweet it or put pics up.

Also, Irving isn't naturally a vocal leader, he admitted that himself. He said he needs to be louder and more authoritative when getting our guys lined up, which is fine. Champs not a vocal leader either. Irving will have everyone where they need to be. Its time to play, we'll see what hes got. Your gut could very well be right, but I hope its not, and what I know about Irving suggests he could be what Fox and JDR want in their mlb.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Why Nate Irving will fail at MLB Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:
I don't see the dedication from Nate. I see a player who will be limited in coverage and who just doesn't have what it takes. I was hoping otherwise but I'm sorry I just don't see Nate being successful here. If Bishop was an option he should be brought in. I have a guy feeling Nate will be replaced by Bradley a few games in.

I seem to remember the same type of predictions regarding Raheem Moore after his first year.
Well, this will be wrong too. Irving will be a stud MLB. That's my prediction. Now we wait and see.
b_rent87

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Why Nate Irving will fail at MLB Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
b_rent87 wrote:

I seem to remember the same type of predictions regarding Raheem Moore after his first year.
Well, this will be wrong too. Irving will be a stud MLB. That's my prediction. Now we wait and see.

Its Rahim Moore. And I was completely right about Moore. But then he woke up and decided to dedicate himself. Moore is solid but he is not a ball hawk like he was praised to be in college, even though about five or six of his picks were tipped right to him, so people who didn't study tape were basing off numbers. He finally decided to improve on his tackling and as anyone can see in college he was soft and not a great tackler.

mke1010

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Why Nate Irving will fail at MLB Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
b_rent87 wrote:

Its Rahim Moore. And I was completely right about Moore. But then he woke up and decided to dedicate himself. Moore is solid but he is not a ball hawk like he was praised to be in college, even though about five or six of his picks were tipped right to him, so people who didn't study tape were basing off numbers. He finally decided to improve on his tackling and as anyone can see in college he was soft and not a great tackler.

Lets see if I can articulate this per your reasoning process.

So you are saying if Irving like RAHIM decides to wake up this summer and dedicate himself thereby becoming an extremely solid MLB though not pro bowl like many thought he would be coming out of college, then you would be right about Irving just as you were about Moore? Very Happy

Dude I am not quite sure how your thought process works. For me it ain't complicated. Many folks said Rahim Moore would be a bust after his first season. Most sighted many of the concerns you have with Irving. Those predictions turned out to be wrong.
If you were one of those who predicted Moore would be terrible, then you were wrong. Simple.
When you predict a player will be good or bad, you cant hedge it by imposing a qualifier that allows you to be right regardless of how said player performs.
33GoBroncos33

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Why Nate Irving will fail at MLB Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:

Why Nate Irving will be a success:

I see amazing dedication from Nate. I see a player who will flourish in coverage, and has and does what it takes. I was hoping to see it from Joe Mays but I'm sorry I just see Nate being too successful here. If Bishop was an option he should be told to stay away. I have a guy feeling Nate will be so good Bradley will be cut a few games in.

Convinved yet? I think I made some solid arguements lol.

Ok now for real... I don't know if Nate Irving is the answer at MLB, but from what I've seen from Elway and Fox is the opposite of the stubbornness we saw from McDaniels. They don't just throw guys in the mix to prove their draft picks worthy. Robert Ayers didn't fit his role in the 3-4, Alphonso Smith was plain terrible, Robert Quinn "Mr. Run Block" couldn't even do that... and the list goes on but I'll stop there. My point is that the Broncos are patient with their players and trust their coaches to develope and play the players when they are ready. Rahim Moore played with the 1's his first training camp, but was sat in favor of Quinton Carter because he couldn't tackle or communicate. Derek Wolfe was sitting beings Justin Hunter until Hunter got hurt in the public scrimmage. Ronnie Hillman was gameday inactive until Moreno started fumbling. Even Von Miller was replaced in favor of Mario Haggan for periods of time as a rookie.

I am to the point with the current front office and coaching staff that I do trust them. "Trust the organization" is a sullied phrase in these parts due to the Rockies inept GM, but I do trust the Broncos organization and I don't think they would be staying put at MLB if they didn't have confidence in what they've seen in Irving (which happens to be hundreds of bours more than I or anyone else on this form have seen). Not to mention they have about three times the amount of salary cap room the Chiefs have (who are talking with Bishop) and could lure him with money and a contending team if the Broncos thought they needed to.

Last edited by 33GoBroncos33 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: