Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Hernandez has been arrested and taken in handcuffs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoWww wrote:
I still believe if he comes out of this with just a suspension by the NFL, he stays with the Patriots.

That depends on why he is suspended. If he is charged with obstruction and his associate(s) go down for murder, that's quite different than just being suspended for 'hurting the league's image' if he's found totally not guilty.

I can't see the Pats keeping him in the former but they might keep him in the latter.
PoWww

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
PoWww wrote:
I still believe if he comes out of this with just a suspension by the NFL, he stays with the Patriots.

That depends on why he is suspended. If he is charged with obstruction and his associate(s) go down for murder, that's quite different than just being suspended for 'hurting the league's image' if he's found totally not guilty.

I can't see the Pats keeping him in the former but they might keep him in the latter.

If he's charged with obstruction, and he's let off with a huge fine and probation, you can't see us keeping him around?

^Deadpulse
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Different case, but it took 84 days from when police searched Mike Vick's property to charge him w/crime. Justice not on same cycle as News.

http://twitter.com/McCannSportsLaw/statuses/349541012294729729
Tom Brady Tribute
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoWww wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
PoWww wrote:

If he's charged with obstruction, and he's let off with a huge fine and probation, you can't see us keeping him around?

If his friends go down for murder? No, I don't think they will keep him unless they're unwilling to eat that much dead money.

I know the Pats have employed 'bad apples' but taking part in a murder coverup and associating with killers is a bit different than drunkenly hitting a cop or doing drugs.

If his friends also get off, it's a different story.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
PoWww wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
PoWww wrote:

If his friends go down for murder? No, I don't think they will keep him unless they're unwilling to eat that much dead money.

I know the Pats have employed 'bad apples' but taking part in a murder coverup and associating with killers is a bit different than drunkenly hitting a cop or doing drugs.

Every indication right now is that he and/or his associates will go to trial, though. That can drag on for more than a year in a high-profile case like this. How long can the team actually wait before such a verdict is handed down?

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
PoWww wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
PoWww wrote:

Every indication right now is that he and/or his associates will go to trial, though. That can drag on for more than a year in a high-profile case like this. How long can the team actually wait before such a verdict is handed down?

If he's arrested and goes to trial, I doubt he will be eligible to play. I don't know that the Pats will rush to make a move until a verdict comes down or he is eligible to play.

I think it's far more likely than not that his days in New England are done. I'd like that not to be the case but I can't see too many realistic scenarios where he is kept.
Richter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that Florida's AD is saying that Hernandez wasn't a bad character guy while at the school now that this murder investigation is all over the news. Likely just a case of covering their butts for allowing him to play despite drug issues.
HOVA333

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Interesting that Florida's AD is saying that Hernandez wasn't a bad character guy while at the school now that this murder investigation is all over the news. Likely just a case of covering their butts for allowing him to play despite drug issues.

I despise we call it "drug issues"

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Hernandez would of liked to still have BenJarvus Green-Ellis with the Patriots.

The Law Firm.
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Richter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOVA333 wrote:
Richter wrote:

What would you prefer it be called?
HOVA333

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
Richter wrote:

You know what Im getting at with out being in depth.

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
Richter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOVA333 wrote:
Richter wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
Richter wrote:

You know what Im getting at with out being in depth.

No, actually, I don't know what you're getting at, that's why I asked. What else would it be called?
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Police arriving at Hernandez

Quote:
#Hernandez walks out handcuffed, put in N Attleboro police cruiser

http://twitter.com/jennydwilson/statuses/349871398426120195
Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live streamed here:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/category/246064/breaking-news-livestream

They really showed it.

Hernandez has been arrested.

Tom Brady Tribute
PoWww

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn...still can't believe all of this. AH was my favorite player. What an idiot.

^Deadpulse

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 30 of 32

Jump to: