You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots TE Hernandez questioned by police in homicide probe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Yes but Miranda rights are only read when someone is being arrested.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:

But they are still your rights and things you say can be taken out of context or miss interpreted which can lead to the arrest of an innocent person.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Doesn't appear at this point that he was directly involved in anything... or at least not being investigated as such. But once he lawyers up, he'd better sing like a canary if his hands are clean. I don't want to see this turn into another Ray Lewis situation.

What you're asking him to do is exactly what Ray did. What Ray should have done from the beginning was lawyered up before talking initially. But, once it came down to it, Ray did exactly what you're hoping Hernandez does. So, your statement doesn't quite make sense.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
eagles101

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:

And.....

Its only read to make sure you know not because that's when your rights kick in.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

And.....

Its only read to make sure you know not because that's when your rights kick in.

Oh no doubt. Just stating they never arrested him. They are just questioning in case he has any information that can help them. I would be doing the same thing. Always lawyer up, even if you are 100% innocent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5674/aaron-hernandez

Quote:
Police reportedly spent hours inside Aaron Hernandez's home Tuesday night and emerged with a box. It's possible that the box police removed from his home was evidence.

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
eagles101

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5674/aaron-hernandez

Quote:
Police reportedly spent hours inside Aaron Hernandez's home Tuesday night and emerged with a box. It's possible that the box police removed from his home was evidence.

Policeman "hello Aaron can we talk"
Aaron " sure coppers"
Policeman "so you know any thing about this death"
Aaron *three hours exposing how uncooperative he's going to be
Policeman "well then I'm taking this box buddy maybe that'll change your attitude."

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Doesn't appear at this point that he was directly involved in anything... or at least not being investigated as such. But once he lawyers up, he'd better sing like a canary if his hands are clean. I don't want to see this turn into another Ray Lewis situation.

What you're asking him to do is exactly what Ray did. What Ray should have done from the beginning was lawyered up before talking initially. But, once it came down to it, Ray did exactly what you're hoping Hernandez does. So, your statement doesn't quite make sense.
I don't want to get into a whole thing about Ray Lewis now, but he did get convicted on obstruction charges, which suggests he wasn't as cooperative as maybe he should've been.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
#OnToBaltimore
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

I don't want to get into a whole thing about Ray Lewis now, but he did get convicted on obstruction charges, which suggests he wasn't as cooperative as maybe he should've been.

Yes, because he did not lawyer up before talking and made mistakes. That was my exact point. You're hoping that once Hernandez does talk, he's honest -- that's exactly what Ray did as well. So, it already can't turn into 'a Ray Lewis situation' -- he played it smarter than Ray did off the bat. From this point on, he *should* follow how Ray handled it from the same point forward, which is to tell the truth and if necessary, testify against the suspects.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
billsoilers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriots becoming a circus Very Happy
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

He wasn't. He has admitted that he messed up, trying to protect friends when he should have been completely honest. If that's the case with Hernandez, then it sounds like he's being smarter than Ray was back then, from the off. At least, if he's refusing to say anything without his lawyer present, anyway.

And if the situation is similar, then it would be wise of Hernandez to cut ties with friends like these, like Ray did after the case against him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billsoilers wrote:

How exactly? This is one incident. Unless I've missed a few others, I don't see how this can be a 'circus' in the least.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
billsoilers wrote:

How exactly? This is one incident. Unless I've missed a few others, I don't see how this can be a 'circus' in the least.

Tebow-mania and Gronk becoming the human version of Operation! is my guess.

One will die down when people realise he's not going to make it through training camp, and the other is unavoidable if the guy is hurt.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police are now saying he is not ruled out as a suspect.

It'd be pretty shocking to me if more came of this, though. Murder investigations are long and exhaustive.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So it appears we have a connection: Hernandez and the victim are dating sisters, according to WBZ

http://twitter.com/BenVolin/statuses/347388279773089792
Tom Brady Tribute

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: