You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots TE Hernandez questioned by police in homicide probe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Why wouldnt you cooperate?...Makes no sense to me
Because you have nothing to gain, a lot to lose, and no requirement to cooperate.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
This case should be over quick, i'm sure Belichick has the whole thing on tape.

Seriously though, I doubt he had anything to do with it. But being reportedly "uncooperative" with police is kinda strange. You'd think he'd help just to clear his name and not create a circus.

Laughing You win this thread!

Uncooperative can mean many different things. He simply may have been using his right to remain silent until his lawyer is present.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Makes plenty of sense to wait until your attorney arrives. That makes sense for anyone, let alone a celebrity (or high profile athlete) where things have a tendency to get distorted or blown out of proportion.
Yahtzee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's okay tebow is there
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Makes plenty of sense to wait until your attorney arrives. That makes sense for anyone, let alone a celebrity (or high profile athlete) where things have a tendency to get distorted or blown out of proportion.

Besides, if the goons involved were friends of Hernandez (which I'd guess they were) then even if he "knows he's innocent", he's got housekeeping to do he has to do.

For example, what if these friends left stuff at his house while over to play pool or something? Either way I'm terribly disappointed by this.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ultimately there will be nothing from this that effects his ability to be on the football field come week 1, unless he sustains an injury during an interview or something.

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Because you have nothing to gain, a lot to lose, and no requirement to cooperate.

All people should go thorugh life like that... it would be an awesome place to live.

He may no have a requirement to cooperate, but it would certainly to be the right thing, civil thing, honorable thing, pick your adjective basically.
bzane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
This case should be over quick, i'm sure Belichick has the whole thing on tape.

Seriously though, I doubt he had anything to do with it. But being reportedly "uncooperative" with police is kinda strange. You'd think he'd help just to clear his name and not create a circus.

Laughing You win this thread!

Uncooperative can mean many different things. He simply may have been using his right to remain silent until his lawyer is present.

Probably tried to prevent the police from entering his home, but whiffed on the block.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
I think ultimately there will be nothing from this that effects his ability to be on the football field come week 1, unless he sustains an injury during an interview or something.

Should be fine, these are Boston police...not the LAPD.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
He may no have a requirement to cooperate, but it would certainly to be the right thing, civil thing, honorable thing, pick your adjective basically.
Yeah, he can either do the "right," "civil," or "honorable" thing, or he can do the thing more likely to put himself on the field in week 1.
eagles101

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Yeah, he can either do the "right," "civil," or "honorable" thing, or he can do the thing more likely to put himself on the field in week 1.

Or the cops where beings a jerk to him and put him down as "uncooperative". There are thousand of things that could happen

He also could have told him that he knows but they think he knows note and put down he was uncooperative.. etc etc

This isn't law and order guys.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:

Or he could do the smart thing and wait for his lawyer.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Why didn't I think about that... I mean.. Duh..

Whybe helpful in a murder investigation when there are much more serious stalker at risk like week 1 of the season! And the only reason he would be suspended is he was involved. In fact, it would paint a glowing picture for the nfl if he has helpful in catching whoever did this. That would be great publicity for the team and nfl, even it it derives out of an unfortunate event.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Whybe helpful in a murder investigation when there are much more serious stalker at risk like week 1 of the season! And the only reason he would be suspended is he was involved. In fact, it would paint a glowing picture for the nfl if he has helpful in catching whoever did this. That would be great publicity for the team and nfl, even it it derives out of an unfortunate event.

"Uncooperative" doesn't mean he flipped the cops off or keyed their cruiser - its just one of those words police throw around to intimidate people. He probably just refused to answer questions until his layer was present. The last thing any innocent person should do (assuming Hernandez is innocent) is be pressured into talking to the cops without his/her lawyer.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

One can be "helpful" with one's attorney present. We do live in a world where innocent people have been jailed because they've opened their mouth and their words have incriminated them (falsely).

Besides, he is involved on some level if only tangentially. The car was rented in his name. So either he did it, knows who did it or it's a really strange coincidence. In any of those scenarios, his opening his mouth will lead to more trouble than good.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: