Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots TE Hernandez questioned by police in homicide probe
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Patriots TE Hernandez questioned by police in homicide probe Reply with quote

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130618/patriots-hernandez-questioned-by-police-in-homicide-probe/#ixzz2WbiGOtye

Quote:
New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was questioned by police investigating a possible homicide in this town 40 miles south of Boston. A source with knowledge of the investigation said Massachusetts State police spoke to Hernandez on Monday and were interested in possibly searching his home.

The article, by Greg Bedard and Pete Thamel, goes on to say that Hernandez is not believed to be a murder suspect, but that "a vehicle in [Hernandez's] name emerged as a key piece of evidence in the investigation."

Hernandez has consulted with a lawyer.

Tom E. Curran of Comcast SportsNet New England said:

Quote:
Currently at Hernandez' residence, marked and unmarked cruisers. Rt “@SInow: Hernandez questioned in homicide probe: http://on.si.com/18XDyyq

https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/347110875561328640

Not sure exactly what that means.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From ABC News:

Quote:
Hernandez has been uncooperative with police since the body of a 27-year-old man was found in an industrial park not far from the Patriot player's North Attleboro home, two law enforcement sources told ABC News.

A rental vehicle with Rhode Island plates was recovered near the scene, which led investigators to Hernandez, sources told ABC News.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/patriots-star-aaron-hernandez-questioned-murder-sources-abc/story?id=19430625#.UcDf8j4Wk9C

Here are the first reports of the dead body being found:

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/north_attleboro/body-found-in-north-attleboro/article_bd119efa-d853-11e2-9023-0019bb2963f4.html

Quote:
State and local police have worked around the clock investigating the possible homicide of a 27-year-old Boston man and are following up leads, a Sun Chronicle source said this morning.

The victim’s body was found around 5:30 p.m. Monday off John Dietsch Boulevard in the town’s industrial park by a jogger and may have been there for over a day, the source said.

The body was found in a clearing between John Dietsch Boulevard and Landry Avenue and it was unclear whether the victim died where he was found or whether his body was dumped there, the source said.

Meanwhile, police have found a 2013 Chevrolet Suburban with Rhode Island license plates in connection with the possible homicide. The vehicle is registered to Enterprise car rental and investigators were hoping to analyze it for fingerprints.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta wait for more info before jumping to conclusions, here. Only once it becomes clear what Hernandez's involvement is, if there is any, can we even begin to discuss possible football repercussions.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Gotta wait for more info before jumping to conclusions, here. Only once it becomes clear what Hernandez's involvement is, if there is any, can we even begin to discuss possible football repercussions.
Pretty much, which is why this thread is probably getting locked. Still something to keep an eye on, unfortunately.
Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So clearly the worst case scenario from a football perspective is that Gronk starts the season on PUP, and Hernandez gets suspended

Would that mean that Jake Ballard is the #1 TE?
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
So clearly the worst case scenario from a football perspective is that Gronk starts the season on PUP, and Hernandez gets suspended

Wouldn't the worst case scenario have Gronk having a setback and missing more than a few weeks and Hernandez going to prison?
Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Acgott wrote:

Wouldn't the worst case scenario have Gronk having a setback and missing more than a few weeks and Hernandez going to prison?

The result would be the same from a football aspect which I was trying to make as my point.

In terms, if Gronk and Hernandez both miss time, is Jake Ballard considered the #1 TE or am I missing someone
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Acgott wrote:

The result would be the same from a football aspect which I was trying to make as my point.

In terms, if Gronk and Hernandez both miss time, is Jake Ballard considered the #1 TE or am I missing someone

Considering Ballard hasn't been full strength in a Pats uniform yet, I don't think they'd pencil him in as a starter. He's the obvious best option but Fells, Hoomanawanui and undrafted Zach Sudfeld could all be in the mix.

But if Hernandez were to go to prison (i.e. his career is over), I'd expect the Pats to explore external options. They'd almost have to add another decent (or better) veteran at either TE or WR.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Police have taken the 2 males into separate cruisers and have left the area

http://twitter.com/GregABedard/statuses/347129812780978176

Hernandez is NOT one of them, based on the photos:

http://t.co/bftOMrlT4e

http://t.co/zq9Ud6DnmE
Tom Brady Tribute
Cypher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This case should be over quick, i'm sure Belichick has the whole thing on tape.

Seriously though, I doubt he had anything to do with it. But being reportedly "uncooperative" with police is kinda strange. You'd think he'd help just to clear his name and not create a circus.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
ElReyDeLosReyes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could he have not surrounded himself around better company???

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
But being reportedly "uncooperative" with police is kinda strange. You'd think he'd help just to clear his name and not create a circus.
Makes perfect sense if he was just waiting for his lawyer. When all of this started up, his first call should have been to his agent, who then should have told him to keep his mouth shut until the lawyer was there.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very strange. If he is indeed guilty of something (which from all reports he isn't a suspect in any way), the hoodie will KILL HIM.

R.I.P. Stylish
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
This case should be over quick, i'm sure Belichick has the whole thing on tape.

Seriously though, I doubt he had anything to do with it. But being reportedly "uncooperative" with police is kinda strange. You'd think he'd help just to clear his name and not create a circus.

Laughing You win this thread!

Why wouldnt you cooperate?...Makes no sense to me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Acgott wrote:

Tebow!

Sig by delphem

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: