Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Green's Sequel Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
I know you would like to see the Jets land Barr, but if he backs up his last season with another monster year and shows even a little bit of refinement in his second season at OLB, he won't make it past the Bills. They just loaded up on WRs so Lee won't be a high priority, but they could really use some pieces for their new hybrid defense, and Barr is a pass rushing weapon that could shift around in that OLB corps and be a nightmare.

San Diego and Barr makes sense as well. But I agree with Bills assessment.
Nozizaki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Vikings are that bad next season, this draft looks pretty good.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nozizaki wrote:
If the Vikings are that bad next season, this draft looks pretty good.

Idk... first of all, I seriously doubt Tajh Boyd will fall to the second. I know guys like Tyler Wilson were supposed to be 1st round locks and fell, but even if he regresses his senior year some team will want to jump on the athletic QB, read-option bandwagon and take him in the top 15.
Also, Boyd is not a great fit for our West Coast Offense. I would rather see Fales, McCarron, or Carr.

Also, I am not sold on Aaron Lynch as a top-15 pick, or even a first rounder. Immense potential, but need to see more from this kid. Worth mentioning that his weight has dropped into the 240's apparently. Not exactly built like a 4-3 DE unless he can keep that weight up in a healthy manner.
devils1854

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge fan of TE in the first. DT is our major need. I see you gave up Hageman in the 2nd, which is ridiculous value, but Johnson from LSU would be a better pick in the first, and then go TE/WR/OG in the second.

#JDI
green24

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Green's Sequel Mock Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Did you intentionally leave Jake Matthews out of the first 2 rounds or was that just an accidental omission?

Not that I'm necessarily advocating for him over Lewan - at this point until the OT's at the top of the class shake themselves out a bit more, I'm not tying myself invariably to one or another (though I happen to think Lewan as a pure LOT is being a bit oversold by many because of intangibles when he's not as athletic as folks want to make him out to be - appears less so than Tiny and possibly Cyrus, and I wouldn't be shocked to see James Hurst make a lot of noise in this draft class by the time the draft actually rolls around as Larry Fedora just does a tremendous job developing players and forming great staffs).

In the 2nd for the Chargers, it really is going to come down to how Seastrunk performs this season I think. A lot of people are just going to want to auto-pick a RB for San Diego there and with Ryan Mathews' lack of consistency since he was drafted who can blame them. That said, Tom Telesco has appeared, from limited sample size admittedly, to not be a Bill Polian drafter, despite having learned at the knee of Polian. I'm just not convinced that Seastrunk represents "Best Available at an area of need" which if you look at Telesco's first three rounds this year is certainly the avenue he went - especially with guys like Justin Gilbert, Vinnie Sunseri (less of a need unless both Marcus Gilchrist AND Brandon Taylor bomb at SS this year), Ryan Shazier (assuming he comes into this season at 235+ which isn't unlikely - and performs similarly - which would make you believe he could make it to around 245 lbs and still maintain his athleticism and speed), Trent Murphy (I have trouble seeing him make it out of the first 2 rounds unpicked), or James Gayle (might be more of a 3rd round prospect, but if he blows up this season like I expect him to, he's more likely to go in the 1st than he is to make it out of the 2nd... even in this class). Kareem Martin's also going to make some noise, but I don't expect too many people to be on his jock till he shows he can run the arc more effectively; but if there's an Aldon Smith type prospect in this draft class... it's Martin.

Not on purpose. My bad.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
I know you would like to see the Jets land Barr, but if he backs up his last season with another monster year and shows even a little bit of refinement in his second season at OLB, he won't make it past the Bills. They just loaded up on WRs so Lee won't be a high priority, but they could really use some pieces for their new hybrid defense, and Barr is a pass rushing weapon that could shift around in that OLB corps and be a nightmare.

I considered pass rusher for Buffalo, but I wasn't sure how exactly Barr (or Van Noy) would fit in their defense.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
jshowers wrote:

San Diego and Barr makes sense as well. But I agree with Bills assessment.

If we're that high, the reason is either the line or Rivers. Green seems to think Rivers isn't enough of an issue. The line should improve a bit but if we're picking this high... a lot went wrong. Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
LuckIsGOAT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it with QBs in these mock drafts? 7 QBs in the first 2 rounds has never happened in the history of draft
Trailblazers
Canucks
Luck & RG3 fan
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even paying attention to the draft. The fact you have the Giants picking 15th already tells me i'm wasting my time here.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Not even paying attention to the draft. The fact you have the Giants picking 15th already tells me i'm wasting my time here.

Seriously ? 15th isn't out of realm of possibility for Giants.
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this for Cleveland!
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Walshy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really agree with picking at 9 but this would be a heck of a draft. Bradley Roby and Cyril Richardson would be awesome picks.

Bushrod-Richardson-Garza-Long-Webb is actually pretty solid.

And that leaves Peanut, Roby, and possibly Jennings as our corners. The only problem is that we would probably be searching for a QB.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
TheDeathStar

Location: Anchorage, Alaska, US, Planet Earth, Solar System A, Milky Way Galaxy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the first round, but hate Manziel (Longhorns fan bias) and his overratedness and immaturity.

daboyle is gud at sigz

Tony Romo OPOY Watch: Chokes, chokes. More chokes. A choke there too! Bad play calling. A choke. CHOOOOOKES

FLEX TWB
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As BillsGuy said, I don't see us going with a WR. I actually think Rogers has a good chance at becoming our #2, with Woods #3, so WR won't be a need for us.

I'd rather take Tuitt in the first, to complete our 3 man front with Dareus and Williams, then Sunseri in the 2nd.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: