Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The winds of change (and myself) bring you a new co-mod
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: The winds of change (and myself) bring you a new co-mod Reply with quote

We've had a fair number of posters come and go and some great moderators serve and then step down, and that is no different than with GBPackers79. I know I'll miss him as he takes the brunt of my jokes in stride, and even the laughter as he suffered in the Basketball forum as I am now doing. But enough of me, this is to commemorate the job he's done and ushering in a new mod to take over. So where's that shiny gold watch that he's due? I'll get back to you 79.

In all honestly, he's been a real asset to our forum. One of the calmer personalities, and his regular funny man routine. We all hope he'll continue to post here even as he sets into the real world. (Are you serious???)

Taking his place is one of the most tenured poster this forum has consistently posting. In fact, I think the only consistent Packers poster here is the former mod daintrain28. Who is he you ask? It's none other than Packerraymond. A nominee for our MVP award, and a very valuable member of our forum we believe he'll be an asset to this forum and work extremely well amongst us all. After 79 left his lasting impression (I'm still emotionally scarred 79), we had some big shoes to fill. And you know what they say about guys with big shoes? They've got big mouths because their feet often end up in it.

So lets give GBPackers79 one last final round of applause as he steps down, and welcome our newest co-mod. And let's welcome Packerraymond as our newest champion.

simonwayne wrote:
This one is over. Mark down the dubya.

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44
MetalheadMedic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your services 79, you'll be missed. Good luck to you.

Congrats ray.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

79 was one of the greats, and it's sad to see him step down. Ray was definitely a great choice to replace him though! Wait... Does this mean we can't have Ray on our FFMD front office anymore?!

Now IAR and I are alone in the NJ alliance...

Last edited by HyponGrey on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kal-El

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I salute 79's service to the site. Hope he's still sticking around.

And yes, Packerraymond is a very fair and rational poster. Great pick for mod. Smile
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#JBURGE for mod

raymond is pretty kewl doe

XBL: ShiiNyIV
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me while I take a little trip down memory lane..

Started in the Basketball forum..
..now we here

I've been mulling this for a while. I tossed the idea out to Webby a few months ago to phase me out and get a new guy in here so he can get acclimated over the summer. I know at the end of the day this is just a forum, but like anything that is a part of your daily life for six years, it becomes a little more than that. So I have some things to say.

First of all, if you're a long time member, it's amazing to think of where you were when you joined. I was 14 going on 15 when I joined. I was starting my senior year of HS when I became a Basketball forum mod. High school seems like such a distant memory now.

I love this place, I really do. I have no recollection of how I got here, but I'm glad I did. I present to you my first post, feel free to laugh at my expense. I've come a long way since then. A lot of things about football are still lost on me, but this was a wonderful place to learn about the game and stay up to date on Packers news. You can't find news much quicker anywhere else, and quality discussion quickly follows.

This forum has been an outlet for me. I've come here for relationship advice when my friends' advice wasn't quite doing it for me, and the people here were really amazing about that. I've followed along with the gameday threads while watching the team I love for what, 6 seasons now? This is a great community and I'm glad I was a part of it.

If you can't tell by the way I'm wording this, I think it's time for me to step down as more than a moderator. I feel that my time here has come to an end. Again, I know it's just a forum, but I think that this is what I have to do. Thrillhouse knew when it was his time to go, and so do I. I've been clashing with people a little too much on here recently, and not quite having the enjoyable experience that I used to have. So I'm gonna make my rounds, try to make amends with some people that I've butted heads with in the past, and be on my way.

I want to leave you guys with a few tips that I've picked up on in my time here. This forum runs pretty smoothly, but it can always be better.
- Keep the joke posts to a minimum. TAPT is there so you can get those posts out. I know it's hard in the internet age to not use memes and such, but that does chase people away and I have received numerous PMs about it. Let's try to have intelligent football conversation and less nonsense.
- Don't make things personal. People (myself included) tend to get snippy in arguments and that attitude turns the debate into something uglier. We don't need that. If you disagree with someone, do it respectfully.
- Listen to your mods. They're good people, and I promise they make every decision for the good of the forum. If we make mistakes (which we do), don't make a huge scene on the forum. Take it to PM. We can handle criticism, we want to hear what you have to say. Being a mod is a little stressful at times, so I just ask that you respect these guys, and if you do have an issue, go about it in a helpful and constructive way.
- Don't troll the Lions forum.

Packerraymond should do just fine. Rashaan is a great resource for you if you ever need help, and CWood is turning himself into a pretty great moderator. I'm very comfortable with the hands I'm leaving this forum in.

So I have a few more posts to make and people to reach out to, and then I'll be on my way. If you need to contact me before I go, I'll be checking my PMs for a few more days. If you feel you can't live without a little GB79 in your life, I'll hit you up with my Facebook or Twitter. But in a few days, I think I'll probably log off for good (and given my opinions on Brett Favre, I have extra incentive to stick with this).

It has been wonderful to be a part of this forum with all of you. Continue to make this forum the great place that it was for me. Best on the internet, hands down.

Hugs and kisses,
GBPackers79 (you can call me Kyle.. we're intimate enough for that)
Kal-El

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
But in a few days, I think I'll probably log off for good (and given my opinions on Brett Favre, I have extra incentive to stick with this).

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad
squire12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal-El wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
But in a few days, I think I'll probably log off for good (and given my opinions on Brett Favre, I have extra incentive to stick with this).

I second this. for someone that just found the site a few months ago and love it, I hope you can find the joy and re-register as someone new and just get involved in the discussions. The more posters and views on topics the better.

Thanks for everything, and best of lukc in all future endeavors!!!
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.I.P 79. Time to divvy up his booze.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sell out...

IrishGreen wrote:
we're all gonna make it
Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79,

Thanks for all the time and effort you put in to make this forum a success. Great mods like you are hard to find and you will be missed. It's sad to hear that you are stepping away from the forum. Hopefully, you will find your way back after a little break.
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what the...our little boy is all grown up.

Farewell GBP79. We will never forget you.

And grats Packerraymond...good choice.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
- Don't troll the Lions forum.
This is your last wish, 79? Really??? That's just not fair. Speak to the hand Angel
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal-El wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

Yeah, always tough losing a great poster like 79. Excellent run by him and I hope he can find the time to continue posting.

As a side note, I'd like to thank all the mods and all the posters and Webby, everybody who make this place such an awesome place to discuss the game I truly love. Thanks everybody!
Willink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not a playmaker IMO

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: