Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Desmond Bishop cut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a lot of us (myself included) are nervous about the cap. But keep this in mind. Reid in Philly was almost always WAY under the cap, and until the "dream team" splurge I can't remember them going free-agent crazy, but they always managed to add guys or extend guys.

Dorsey comes from the Ted Thompson tree another meticulous planner of the salary cap. While I think this year, they need to remodel the team and spend more money, I would guess within a year or two we end up working with a lot of cap room.

I guess what I'm saying is, I think we'll be close this year, but I don't think that means we all have to worry about a rushed move like cutting Tamba or anything like that. I just hope I'm not wrong.

Remember, we can also extend Albert until I think July 15?
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
Unless there is some injury issue, I'd definitely be all over signing him. I really don't understand this move unless he is injured. I thought he was one of there better LBs next to Mathews of course.

I had read that he wasnt going to be ready for T.C and he was owed like 5 million per year?

He's 100% right now. Only owed 3.5m if you pick him up off waivers. Fantastic guy/leader and was, imo, without question, the best ILB on G.B... Is going to be a fantastic addition for whoever grabs him. Unless the injury was worse then anybody was letting on...

We aren't exactly overflowing with ILBers so I wonder how hale that hamstring really is. He left MN without a deal but maybe he told them he wanted to come and see your guys before making a decision.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the Chiefs haven't confirmed the visit, said Bishop has received some interest from the Jacksonville Jaguars but is likely to decide on a team after meeting with Kansas City.

Per @theredzone

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:32/Sacks:12/FF:1/FR:0
jimmydee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the hammie isn't a problem, and he's 100%, I'd like to see him in a Chiefs uniform for at least this year. He would give us some additional 'senior leadership' and be good in rotational/depth.

His relationship with Dorsey, assuming it is a good one, should give us an edge.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like we'll know soon:

A report from Mike Garafolo of USA Today indicates that free agent linebacker Desmond Bishop won’t be a free agent much longer.

Bishop was released by the Packers on Monday and visited with the Vikings on Wednesday before moving on to a Thursday meeting with the Chiefs. Garafolo reports that Bishop is likely to make a choice between the Super Bowl IV opponents after his meeting with Kansas City despite some reported interest from the Jaguars.

Garafolo’s report suggests the Vikings are interested in bringing Bishop aboard after his workout, which presumably means they were satisfied that he’s recovered from the hamstring injury that ruined his 2012 season. Vikings defensive coordinator Alan Williams didn’t say anything in either direction after Bishop’s workout, saying only that the choice about signing him belongs to those higher up the food chain.

Williams: “Good workout. We’ll see. We’re doing our due diligence in terms of bringing guys in that are free agents. The neat thing is, I don’t have to make those decisions. I just have to coach them once they get here. Coach Leslie Frazier and Rick Spielman, they’re the ones that make those hard decisions.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/20/report-bishop-likely-to-select-team-after-meeting-chiefs/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Mongo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillyChief wrote:
How is this even a possibility?!?!

Did Dorsey turn the salary cap button off?

This would be a 4-5 year deal. His first year salary will be the league minimum with a small signing bonus and no other guarantees. The second or third year salary will be very much larger.

This allows him to be very "cuttable" if he isn't the same player he was. If he performs well the "ballooned" salary year is restructured into a signing bonus and spread out over the remainder of the contract, thus avoiding a mega cap hit.

This seems to be the league MO these days, that is if you can't sign him to a one year deal. Players of his caliber and youth don't usually have to settle for those.
Mongo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per Rotoworld, the Giants may be in play.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linebacker Desmond Bishop may not be choosing his next team after meeting with the Chiefs, after all. At a time when Bishop is believed to be close to narrowing his options, they could be expanding beyond the Vikings, Chiefs, and Jaguars. The former Packers linebacker joined SiriusXM NFL Radio on Thursday to explain that there’s a new team in the mix.

Bishop: “The Giants and Jacksonville. The Giants and Jacksonville are the next two that are interested. Actually, the Niners called but of course, you know, they’re kind of set over there. I appreciate their interest in me regardless. But the Giants, which is a real good situation, and Jacksonville as well.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/20/bishop-says-giants-are-interested-too/

Webmaster wrote:
Mongo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard how his visit went?
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but he's come out and talked about other suitors...so I'm guessing he is making a play for a few more dollars which is understandable. Also means that we probably didn't blow him away.

I don't get the Giants...don't they have like 6 MLB's already?
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
No, but he's come out and talked about other suitors...so I'm guessing he is making a play for a few more dollars which is understandable. Also means that we probably didn't blow him away.

I don't get the Giants...don't they have like 6 MLB's already?

They do have some options, but none of them (Connor/Herzlich/Rivers/Sabino) would likely be a fair fight vs a healthy Bishop.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he's looking solely to get as much money as possible he should be a Vike soon.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
Has anyone heard how his visit went?

nope, nor has there been anything really released from the Viking media either. but apparently both our teams are interested and made contract offers, if this is to be believed:

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, former Packers linebacker Desmond Bishop is “still deciding” between offers from the Giants, Chiefs and Vikings.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/21/bishop-apparently-down-to-three-choices/

Webmaster wrote:
DrewC14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bishop signs with the Vikes.
2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #17 Donnie Avery, WR
Rec:34 rec./524 yards/15.4 AVG/2 TD

Last Week: 2 rec. 17 yards 8.5 AVG
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

via rotoworld:

Quote:
Vikings agreed to terms with MLB Desmond Bishop on a one-year contract.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: