Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Desmond Bishop - the answer to our hole at MLB?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the Vikings signed linebacker Desmond Bishop, it was widely assumed he’d battle with Erin Henderson for the middle linbacker position. Bishop then told PFT Live that he could play outside or inside. On Thursday, coach Leslie Frazier told reporters that Bishop will begin on the outside.

According to Ben Goessling of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Frazier explained that the Vikings like Bishop’s blitzing skills. If he wins the job, it’ll likely be Chad Greenway on the weak side, Bishop on the strong side, and Henderson in the middle.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/25/desmond-bishop-will-open-camp-on-the-outside-for-vikings/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
KeystoneViking

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
When the Vikings signed linebacker Desmond Bishop, it was widely assumed he’d battle with Erin Henderson for the middle linbacker position. Bishop then told PFT Live that he could play outside or inside. On Thursday, coach Leslie Frazier told reporters that Bishop will begin on the outside.

According to Ben Goessling of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Frazier explained that the Vikings like Bishop’s blitzing skills. If he wins the job, it’ll likely be Chad Greenway on the weak side, Bishop on the strong side, and Henderson in the middle.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/25/desmond-bishop-will-open-camp-on-the-outside-for-vikings/

I think that is the best idea for this team going forward. Though I'm not sure where PFT is getting that Greenway is switching to the weakside. From what I've read from Viking beat writers, Chad is staying on the strongside with Bishop playing on the weak side. Or is PFT right and I"m wrong?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
The Gap between Packers and Vikings has reduced due to this offseason, but there is still a gap at the moment. It will take a very nice season from Ponder for the gap to be gone.

If Ponder doesn't play well this year, the gap between the Packers and Vikings is quite big. I would love to see AD do what he did last year, but to expect anything like that is unlikely...and even with a season like that it would be tough. We need solid QB play.
MetalheadMedic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on getting one of my favorite players. Take care of him for me. Crying or Very sad
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalheadMedic wrote:
Congrats on getting one of my favorite players. Take care of him for me. Crying or Very sad

You could always switch allegiances and become a Vikings fan...you'd be just like Brett, Ryan, Desmond, Greg, and anyone else I'm forgetting!
vikings209

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
MetalheadMedic wrote:
Congrats on getting one of my favorite players. Take care of him for me. :cry:

You could always switch allegiances and become a Vikings fan...you'd be just like Brett, Ryan, Desmond, Greg, and anyone else I'm forgetting!

Darren, Robert, Javon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
MetalheadMedic wrote:

Thanks. But I stick to the light side of the force Wink
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond Bishop forgot for a moment the new teammates he's meeting, the new terminology he's learning and the new environment he's adjusting to. That first practice with the Minnesota Vikings was satisfying simply for what it was. This linebacker was finally playing football again, his helmet buckled and his heart full.

Bishop: "I felt like a kid in a candy store out there. It's been almost a year since I lined up and just got in my stance and listened to the quarterback's cadence and called plays and covered somebody. So it's been a long time for me. I had so much fun. I'm 110 percent positive that [my hamstring] will hold up. So I have no fear. No limitations."

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Desmond-Bishop-A-Kid-In-A-Candy-Store-At-Camp/78b43095-dba9-441b-a74f-e5a063a98218

Webmaster wrote:
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalheadMedic wrote:
Klomp wrote:
MetalheadMedic wrote:

The only way the Packers are the light side is when the sun reflects off that yellow helmet blinding everyone. Laughing

Thx to Uncle Buck!
husker_vikes3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalheadMedic wrote:
Klomp wrote:
MetalheadMedic wrote:

skywindO2 wrote:
I'm still under the impression that the old coaching staff thought intercepting passes was against the rules.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bishop: "Nah, it doesn't really matter that much if I play in the middle or outside. I'm just so eager to get out there and play football. Put me anywhere. As long as I get a chance to play, I'm good."

"I think so, for sure [the Vikings can be a Super Bowl team]. I think the top 25 teams have what it takes. It's just about putting it all together at the right time -- a little bit of luck and a little bit of the football gods being on your side -- but, yeah, I think we've definitely got what it takes."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23754481/vikings-desmond-bishop-its-little-weird-wearing-purple?source=rss

pretty good mini-interview. as Bishop says, he's an "intricate" guy. lots to him intellectually.

Webmaster wrote:
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
12. Desmond Bishop, GB, 2010: +20.2

Pass Rush: +8.4, Coverage: +4.7, Run Defense: +5.9, Penalties: +1.2

This was the year that made Nick Barnett expendable to the Pack. Bishop saw five snaps in the first four weeks of the season, but became an every-down force as Green Bay rocked and rolled to a Super Bowl triumph. Not a completely consistent player, it was his early-season form where he took over games that ensured he finished fifth overall in the 2010 inside linebacker rankings.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/07/25/page-of-fame-inside-linebackers/

Let's hope he can get back to that level.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What number is he? I saw someone on this site say #60?

Is that even possible?

down but not out. I still believe!
Freakout

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe he is 59.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Training Camp Day 7:

Linebacker Desmond Bishop visited the medical tent briefly toward the end of practice and returned to watch team drills from the sidelines. He did not participate afterwards.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Training_camp_Day_7_quick_hits_Vikings_break_out_twominute_drill_080213

Webmaster wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17

Jump to: