Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Desmond Bishop - the answer to our hole at MLB?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenReign wrote:
I love that you bums keep taking our players, because you can't draft and develop your own. It's actually quite rewarding that your organization is willing to admit that. Favre, Longwell, Sharper, Jennings, Bishop ect. It has to be embarrassing for you Vikqueen fans, by having your front office basically admit that the players that we draft and develop are much better than your own. Sad thing for you is that we already have his replacement lined up. Have fun with yet another Packers castoff.

Guys cut out the trolling here, anyone who can honestly come in here and say that Bishop and Jennings weren't great players for the Packers is being foolish. How they will play for the Vikings remains to be seen but Bish filled a need for the Vikings and they got him on a good deal.

Its hard to make fun of any other teams ILB group when you're about to start the season rolling out the Bounty Extrasoft pairing of Hawk and Jones.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
c'mon, he's one GB fan and a fairly new member to FF. give him the benefit of the doubt he can learn we have different standards here.

he doesn't pollute an entire fanbase.

On the other hand, he's not exactly the first Packer to make a nuisance of himself on the Vikings forum, it seems to be a bit of a running theme with them. Perhaps the fanbase should police itself more, or at least keep the litter in their own forum.

I encourage Packer fans to post here, it certainly adds to the conversation if they actually want to have a positive discussion. differing opinions do add to this. They are always welcomed, as anyone, if they can abide to forum rules and avoid obvious trolling attempts.

Let's end the discussion of the Packers fan base and return the discussion to Desmond Bishop.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Its hard to make fun of any other teams ILB group when you're about to start the season rolling out the Bounty Extrasoft pairing of Hawk and Jones.

that's a pretty good line, thanks for your honesty.

Applause

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin Henderson once again said he値l be the Vikings middle linebacker on Thursday. In an interview with Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan on Sirius XM NFL radio, Henderson said there are no plans for him to move back outside.

Henderson: 鄭t this point there痴 no plans of me moving back to the outside. I知 still playing middle linebacker after speaking with my coaches. That痴 the decision that they made and what they want to do right now. I知 still embracing it. I知 still looking forward to it and I知 still excited about the opportunity to get out there and play Mike for the Vikings.

的知 excited about the addition of Desmond. I think he brings some different things to the table. He showed he can be a pretty good linebacker out there in Green Bay with the things he did up there with the Packers. I look forward to him bringing that same mentality and that same attitude over to the Vikings and going out there and trying to get some things done and make some plays together.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/27/erin-henderson-says-no-plans-to-move-from-middle/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
GTR1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Erin Henderson once again said he値l be the Vikings middle linebacker.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/27/erin-henderson-says-no-plans-to-move-from-middle/

Delusion, by definition, means you don't know how crazy your thoughts are Erin. Is it possible that a barely serviceable player that has been left unprotected by their team for two years running (with virtually no other teams showing interest) should not run their mouths to a national audience?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the sounds of it, the coaches may prefer to keep Erin inside to compete. Perhaps bishop isn't a given at MLB. Maybe he will be a wlb or backup MLB. This will be an interesting camp battle between Erin, bishop and hodges.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
From the sounds of it, the coaches may prefer to keep Erin inside to compete. Perhaps bishop isn't a given at MLB. Maybe he will be a wlb or backup MLB. This will be an interesting camp battle between Erin, bishop and hodges.

This current staff is big on developing players. I think that's what they prefer to do with Hodges. If Bishop can play the WLB there is no reason to rush Hodges into a starting role.
GTR1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget all these ancillary issues, is he going to wear Studwell's old number or not?

Be nice to have a #55 (Bishop's old jersey #) stalking the middle of the field again but he'd have to talk Mitchell out of it.
chuck44

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
c'mon, he's one GB fan and a fairly new member to FF. give him the benefit of the doubt he can learn we have different standards here.

On the other hand, he's not exactly the first Packer to make a nuisance of himself on the Vikings forum, it seems to be a bit of a running theme with them. Perhaps the fanbase should police itself more, or at least keep the litter in their own forum.

They do it because the Vikings have closed the gap on GB hold of the North..with our draft and the players we brought in(thanks TT) ...Aaron Rodgers is in for a long season....Ap might get 600 in 2 games this year
Sir Fobos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this signing. At the very least it should improve the depth at LB. If his injury isn't holding him back I expect him to be the starting MLB in week 1.

"I don稚 think he痴 human. I think he痴 a robot." - Buccaneers DT Gerald McCoy, commenting on Vikings RB Adrian Peterson.
GTR1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized: While Bishop will cost us (reportedly) $1.35 million against the cap if we keep him........He'll cost the Packers $1.8 million. Imagine if he's the difference maker in a game which decides the division. Very Cool!
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck44 wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

They do it because the Vikings have closed the gap on GB hold of the North..with our draft and the players we brought in(thanks TT) ...Aaron Rodgers is in for a long season....Ap might get 600 in 2 games this year
First off, there is at least one Packer fan comes here just looking for some friendly banter. Not all of "us" are looking to troll just like not all of "you" are innocent of doing the same. Goes both ways. Either way, the name cooling and obvious troll attempts are stupid and childish. If you can't keep a level head, don't come in here.

Second, the gap isn't closed by the Vikings IMO. Most fans of other teams, meaning no affiliation to either one of our teams, would put GB as the top dog still me thinks. You guys brought in Greggers and that's a huge FA move there. Only will help IMO. You mention the draft though like the Packers didnt have a great draft as well. Jones should add some much needed depth to our pass rush while Lacy and Franklin should finally give us a running game. Then add that we get Perry back from injury and I love our chances to stay at the top.

Honestly, the off season additions aren't the biggest thing to me in the argument over who's top dog. Comes down to whether Ponder can progress from his sophomore year for the Vikings. And for GB, it comes down to our defense being able to improve with players like McMillian and Perry coming into their 2nd years. That and us staying healthy for once.

Kempes on the custom sig!
chuck44

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
chuck44 wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

First off, there is at least one Packer fan comes here just looking for some friendly banter. Not all of "us" are looking to troll just like not all of "you" are innocent of doing the same. Goes both ways. Either way, the name cooling and obvious troll attempts are stupid and childish. If you can't keep a level head, don't come in here.

Second, the gap isn't closed by the Vikings IMO. Most fans of other teams, meaning no affiliation to either one of our teams, would put GB as the top dog still me thinks. You guys brought in Greggers and that's a huge FA move there. Only will help IMO. You mention the draft though like the Packers didnt have a great draft as well. Jones should add some much needed depth to our pass rush while Lacy and Franklin should finally give us a running game. Then add that we get Perry back from injury and I love our chances to stay at the top.

Honestly, the off season additions aren't the biggest thing to me in the argument over who's top dog. Comes down to whether Ponder can progress from his sophomore year for the Vikings. And for GB, it comes down to our defense being able to improve with players like McMillian and Perry coming into their 2nd years. That and us staying healthy for once.

Eddie lacy doesnt impress me..and you still need a line to block for him...he needs a hole to run..your pass blocking is horrible...JA kills you guys and he played with one arm all year...now with a healthly JA ....a top tackle prospect in Shariff Floyd who will push the pocket up the middle..with Allen and Robinson flying from the outside..wouldnt wannbe Aaron rodgers....Not to mention 2 shut down corners and one of the better young safties in the league....Rodgers task got much harder.....OH did I mention we still have AP....with a much upgraded Wr corp..... Ponder was playing very well the last four games of the year till the injury...even if he plays the same this year ...the defense and the upgrades on offense make this an improved team ...who finished 10-6 last year
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck44 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
chuck44 wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Eddie lacy doesnt impress me..and you still need a line to block for him...he needs a hole to run..your pass blocking is horrible...JA kills you guys and he played with one arm all year...now with a healthly JA ....a top tackle prospect in Shariff Floyd who will push the pocket up the middle..with Allen and Robinson flying from the outside..wouldnt wannbe Aaron rodgers....Not to mention 2 shut down corners and one of the better young safties in the league....Rodgers task got much harder.....OH did I mention we still have AP....with a much upgraded Wr corp..... Ponder was playing very well the last four games of the year till the injury...even if he plays the same this year ...the defense and the upgrades on offense make this an improved team ...who finished 10-6 last year

When it comes to lacy, or whomever the packer's starting back will be, I think it's less about how talented they are, and more about if they will try and move to a more balanced offensive scheme. Their run blocking is less than stellar, and their pass blocking off the edge is not anything to write home about. What that team lives off of is Rodgers, and their passing game. Even when the team had Cedric Benson starting last year, whom I do feel is a very capable re-tread at worst, they were not able to put a run game together that could warrant them any notice. I think Lacy could be a good back in this league, but even so, I dont see him being able to put up over 1000 yards in a season with the way the offense is run. 800-900 yards max is my bet. That would be an upgrade to their offense overall, but it still doesn't net them that much overall. Once the packers can shift to a more balanced approach, which will mean a step back from passing, then they could truly have a nearly unstoppable offense. That, and their defense, is what will hold them back.

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bishop helps the LB's, which is considered by most the weakest part of the defense now. Wasn't their picture of him this week wearing #60?? I think that was Roy Winston's number?? Right VD? Didn't the Vikings retire that number?

As to the Vikings and Packers rivalry...I expect this season will see the two teams more closely matched than ever. It will be dog fight.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 11 of 17

Jump to: