Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Pryor Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33504
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Foles did have a lot of misses. LIS, I'm just a Foles fan.
_________________

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Django


Joined: 03 May 2012
Posts: 2978
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'd take Foles over Pryor. But I've been a Foles fan since AZ.


I like foles to, to bad he took that stupid hit. He had the job in the bag.


He had Jason Avant wide open in the endzone and missed him.


Foles lost the job. He blew it. Really let me down as well.

Had him on one of my fantasy football teams. Mad


P.S be sure to include this into the "Steelers gameday thread"

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Django


Joined: 03 May 2012
Posts: 2978
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with Greg Papa.

He doesnt like the fact that Pryor worked out with Tom House during the bye. Thats too many voices in his ear. He needs to worry about learning the playbook better, studying defenses and knowing where to go with the football.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 3176
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
Totally agree with Greg Papa.

He doesnt like the fact that Pryor worked out with Tom House during the bye. Thats too many voices in his ear. He needs to worry about learning the playbook better, studying defenses and knowing where to go with the football.


Who says he didn't do that? Sure he got some training on his foot work but he could have taken the playbook with him, or some game tapes of the steelers.
_________________


On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12150
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is that chica??
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyHarry


Joined: 15 Mar 2006
Posts: 1891
Location: Foster City,CA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'd take Foles over Pryor. But I've been a Foles fan since AZ.


I like foles to, to bad he took that stupid hit. He had the job in the bag.


He had Jason Avant wide open in the endzone and missed him.


Foles lost the job. He blew it. Really let me down as well.

Had him on one of my fantasy football teams. Mad


P.S be sure to include this into the "Steelers gameday thread"


I need a name here she is too damn fine
_________________

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Professor Oak


Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Posts: 3843
Location: Pallet Town
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
Totally agree with Greg Papa.

He doesnt like the fact that Pryor worked out with Tom House during the bye. Thats too many voices in his ear. He needs to worry about learning the playbook better, studying defenses and knowing where to go with the football.

DA himself said he likes it because House works with QBs like Brees & that Olson and House know each other. No harm in improving your craft with someone who knows what they're talking about. He's just teaching universal throwing fundamentals to help improve Pryor's mechanics. It's not like it will interfere with anything the coaches want.

On a side note, wasn't it said that Pryor changed his mind about working out with House during the BYE or did he actually go ahead with his initial plan?
_________________
(o◕ ‿‿◕o)//
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S&B Bleeder


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 1446
Location: SoCal
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stix101 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Django wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
In my opinion, Pryor is our QBOTF. This team plays hard for him, he has shown he can improve, and he has unbelievable potential. This makes me believe he is the one. He may not win us the most games right now, but he will in the future, thus being our QB of the future.


Here's the problem with Pryor. At least for me.

I watch a Raiders game with him. And I'm like "wow, Pryor great a read. Wow, Pryor completed a nice pass with zip. Wow, he he was poised in the pocket and went through his progressions, etc. etc."

So I get excited.

Then I watch other teams and other young QBs. And then I'm like "Holy ****, these guys are making plays/throws Pryor hasnt done yet" And then I'm disappointed again.

Pryor has improved. But I lowered my expectations so much...that I use to get excited about routine plays. I use to get excited about him just showing average zip on his passes. Stuff that 88 and BP accused me and others of hyping such average play.

I hope Pryor becomes a good QB. So far he's not. He's an average throwing talent who is an excellent athlete.

But time will tell.


Thing is, what young QBs are you comparing him to? RG3, Luck, Wilson? If so that is silly because those guys are on there way to elite.

Compare him to Geno Smith and all of a sudden he looks promising again.


So should we compare all third year QBs who are struggling to rookies to mask their deficiencies? And I don't see a problem comparing him to all those three guys b/c we should want him to be all three of those guys. We should want any QB on our team to be those three guys and if we don't have one, we need to keep trying until we get one.

You're right, he shouldnt be compared to Geno, but lets compare him to some guys who were later round picks, sat and learned, and then got a chance to start. Kolb, Foles, Henne, Schaub, Hoyer, Cassel, Flynn Laughing When you compare him to players who worked their way up like he did, he's the best of the group at this point in time IMO. However QBs in the upper echelon of the NFL have been given the starting job day one, and never looked back. Do we have the QB who is going to lead this team into a NFL dynasty? I highly doubt it. But do we have a QB who can make this team competitive until we find the next Montana? Definitly. We are in the middle of a complete, top to bottom rebuild. You dont want to bring in a QB until this offense is fixed. And it wont be fixed this year or next. TP is our QB fellas, lets appreciate what we have. I know you'd like to trade in your wife for a 10, but you dont because you can't find a 10 to take home. So lets all be good fans, and rally behind our QB/wife who takes good care of our team/children, because have you seen the neighbors wife? it could be worse.

This is good. I agree. And I've seen all of the neighbors wives. Uck. Not a good one in the bunch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nickdawg


Moderator
Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 7099
Location: The home of Yuengling.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I read somewhere that St. Louis might be starting Kellen Clemens this week?
_________________
The last time the Cubs won the World Series, diarrhea was one of the 5 leading causes of death, and women weren't allowed to vote.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 3176
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickdawg wrote:
Did I read somewhere that St. Louis might be starting Kellen Clemens this week?


Yeah, Bradford is out for the year with a torn ACL. Last weekend was brutal on injuries. I think Josh McCown (remember him?) is starting in Chicago.
_________________


On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolni


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 2548
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
Django wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'd take Foles over Pryor. But I've been a Foles fan since AZ.


I like foles to, to bad he took that stupid hit. He had the job in the bag.


He had Jason Avant wide open in the endzone and missed him.


Foles lost the job. He blew it. Really let me down as well.

Had him on one of my fantasy football teams. Mad


P.S be sure to include this into the "Steelers gameday thread"


I need a name here she is too damn fine

+1 give us a name!!!
_________________
WIN LOSE OR TIE...RAIDER FAN 'TIL I DIE!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 4154
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
Django wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'd take Foles over Pryor. But I've been a Foles fan since AZ.


I like foles to, to bad he took that stupid hit. He had the job in the bag.


He had Jason Avant wide open in the endzone and missed him.


Foles lost the job. He blew it. Really let me down as well.

Had him on one of my fantasy football teams. Mad


P.S be sure to include this into the "Steelers gameday thread"


I need a name here she is too damn fine

+1 give us a name!!!
Victoria Moore
_________________
He hate me!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolni


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 2548
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
_________________
WIN LOSE OR TIE...RAIDER FAN 'TIL I DIE!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14930
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
nickdawg wrote:
Did I read somewhere that St. Louis might be starting Kellen Clemens this week?


Yeah, Bradford is out for the year with a torn ACL. Last weekend was brutal on injuries. I think Josh McCown (remember him?) is starting in Chicago.
and jc is starting for clev. Wonder if az trades cp to chi lol
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you


Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 3176
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
nickdawg wrote:
Did I read somewhere that St. Louis might be starting Kellen Clemens this week?


Yeah, Bradford is out for the year with a torn ACL. Last weekend was brutal on injuries. I think Josh McCown (remember him?) is starting in Chicago.
and jc is starting for clev. Wonder if az trades cp to chi lol


I doubt it. They are in the same spot as us a year ago they don't really have anyone to replace him with. Heck they don't even have a Pryor.
_________________


On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 54 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group