Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Pryor Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
[He's an average throwing talent who is an excellent athlete.

This is where I'm at. Accompany the fact people overrate scrambling QBs and the crap we've put out over the last decade and is easy to see why people are excited about mediocrity. Also, the players might be playing hard for him now but if he continues to do dumb things putting us in bad situations that could be avoided and we keep losing, that will change.

PM sig requests.
91jmay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
In my opinion, Pryor is our QBOTF. This team plays hard for him, he has shown he can improve, and he has unbelievable potential. This makes me believe he is the one. He may not win us the most games right now, but he will in the future, thus being our QB of the future.

Here's the problem with Pryor. At least for me.

I watch a Raiders game with him. And I'm like "wow, Pryor great a read. Wow, Pryor completed a nice pass with zip. Wow, he he was poised in the pocket and went through his progressions, etc. etc."

So I get excited.

Then I watch other teams and other young QBs. And then I'm like "Holy ****, these guys are making plays/throws Pryor hasnt done yet" And then I'm disappointed again.

Pryor has improved. But I lowered my expectations so much...that I use to get excited about routine plays. I use to get excited about him just showing average zip on his passes. Stuff that 88 and BP accused me and others of hyping such average play.

I hope Pryor becomes a good QB. So far he's not. He's an average throwing talent who is an excellent athlete.

But time will tell.

Thing is, what young QBs are you comparing him to? RG3, Luck, Wilson? If so that is silly because those guys are on there way to elite.

Compare him to Geno Smith and all of a sudden he looks promising again.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Django wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
In my opinion, Pryor is our QBOTF. This team plays hard for him, he has shown he can improve, and he has unbelievable potential. This makes me believe he is the one. He may not win us the most games right now, but he will in the future, thus being our QB of the future.

I watch a Raiders game with him. And I'm like "wow, Pryor great a read. Wow, Pryor completed a nice pass with zip. Wow, he he was poised in the pocket and went through his progressions, etc. etc."

So I get excited.

Then I watch other teams and other young QBs. And then I'm like "Holy ****, these guys are making plays/throws Pryor hasnt done yet" And then I'm disappointed again.

Pryor has improved. But I lowered my expectations so much...that I use to get excited about routine plays. I use to get excited about him just showing average zip on his passes. Stuff that 88 and BP accused me and others of hyping such average play.

I hope Pryor becomes a good QB. So far he's not. He's an average throwing talent who is an excellent athlete.

But time will tell.

Thing is, what young QBs are you comparing him to? RG3, Luck, Wilson? If so that is silly because those guys are on there way to elite.

So should we compare all third year QBs who are struggling to rookies to mask their deficiencies? And I don't see a problem comparing him to all those three guys b/c we should want him to be all three of those guys. We should want any QB on our team to be those three guys and if we don't have one, we need to keep trying until we get one.

PM sig requests.
Stix101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Django wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

So I get excited.

But time will tell.

So should we compare all third year QBs who are struggling to rookies to mask their deficiencies? And I don't see a problem comparing him to all those three guys b/c we should want him to be all three of those guys. We should want any QB on our team to be those three guys and if we don't have one, we need to keep trying until we get one.

You're right, he shouldnt be compared to Geno, but lets compare him to some guys who were later round picks, sat and learned, and then got a chance to start. Kolb, Foles, Henne, Schaub, Hoyer, Cassel, Flynn Laughing When you compare him to players who worked their way up like he did, he's the best of the group at this point in time IMO. However QBs in the upper echelon of the NFL have been given the starting job day one, and never looked back. Do we have the QB who is going to lead this team into a NFL dynasty? I highly doubt it. But do we have a QB who can make this team competitive until we find the next Montana? Definitly. We are in the middle of a complete, top to bottom rebuild. You dont want to bring in a QB until this offense is fixed. And it wont be fixed this year or next. TP is our QB fellas, lets appreciate what we have. I know you'd like to trade in your wife for a 10, but you dont because you can't find a 10 to take home. So lets all be good fans, and rally behind our QB/wife who takes good care of our team/children, because have you seen the neighbors wife? it could be worse.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stix101 wrote:
I know you'd like to trade in your wife for a 10, but you dont because you can't find a 10 to take home. So lets all be good fans, and rally behind our QB/wife who takes good care of our team/children, because have you seen the neighbors wife? it could be worse.

Haha. I hope your wife doesn't read this forum.
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Django wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

So I get excited.

But time will tell.

can we at least try to give him the time and resources those other three have gotten. People compare him to geno smith or ej manuel cause all three are getting their chance to be the guy.
cellomac1212

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stix101 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Django wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

So I get excited.

But time will tell.

You're right, he shouldnt be compared to Geno, but lets compare him to some guys who were later round picks, sat and learned, and then got a chance to start. Kolb, Foles, Henne, Schaub, Hoyer, Cassel, Flynn Laughing When you compare him to players who worked their way up like he did, he's the best of the group at this point in time IMO. However QBs in the upper echelon of the NFL have been given the starting job day one, and never looked back. Do we have the QB who is going to lead this team into a NFL dynasty? I highly doubt it. But do we have a QB who can make this team competitive until we find the next Montana? Definitly. We are in the middle of a complete, top to bottom rebuild. You dont want to bring in a QB until this offense is fixed. And it wont be fixed this year or next. TP is our QB fellas, lets appreciate what we have. I know you'd like to trade in your wife for a 10, but you dont because you can't find a 10 to take home. So lets all be good fans, and rally behind our QB/wife who takes good care of our team/children, because have you seen the neighbors wife? it could be worse.

Nice! LMAO!

I hoped for a playoff appearance, but the passing of Al met terms for my sig removal after 3+ years.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Foles over Pryor. But I've been a Foles fan since AZ.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Stix101 wrote:
I know you'd like to trade in your wife for a 10, but you dont because you can't find a 10 to take home. So lets all be good fans, and rally behind our QB/wife who takes good care of our team/children, because have you seen the neighbors wife? it could be worse.

LOL Hey now, i didnt say my wife, I said your wife, directed to the posters who say Pryor is good, but not good enough. When Pryor is the reason we are being held back, thats when we move on. Right now, he is the reason other teams worry about our offense.

On a side note, to who ever said Manning would do just fine behind our oline, because he's smart and dont take sacks, did you see the game last night? I truely believe that Pryor is one of very very few QBs in the NFL who could be successful behind our line.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stix101 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Stix101 wrote:

LOL Hey now, i didnt say my wife, I said your wife, directed to the posters who say Pryor is good, but not good enough. When Pryor is the reason we are being held back, thats when we move on. Right now, he is the reason other teams worry about our offense.

On a side note, to who ever said Manning would do just fine behind our oline, because he's smart and dont take sacks, did you see the game last night? I truely believe that Pryor is one of very very few QBs in the NFL who could be successful behind our line.
I pointed that out last night even the great can crumble under pressure. And it was nowhere near as bad. Some here act like the Manning's and the Brady's never fold under pressure even with there stout Olines. (see Brady vs Giants in superbowl).
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

I like foles to, to bad he took that stupid hit. He had the job in the bag.
Stix101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Foles was 11/29 with 80 yards against the 29th ranked pass defense before going down, I wouldnt say it was in the bag.. I started that a-hole on my FF team this week. Luckily VJax bailed him out and i got the win
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

He had Jason Avant wide open in the endzone and missed him.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
ryanTHEtrojan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stix101 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Django wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

So I get excited.

But time will tell.

HAHAHAHAH love the "look in the mirror and then look at your wife, you could do worse" analogy. Just make sure you don't say it to Steve Smith. You know what he'll do.
ryanTHEtrojan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

He had Jason Avant wide open in the endzone and missed him.

Big thanks to Foles for missing open receivers in the endzone and Barkley for missing everyone but Cowboy defenders in putting up a whopping 3 points against my DAL team defense in fantasy this week.

Speaking of Barkley, and from having gone to USC and rooting him on for years while he stuck through the sanctions, I was disappointed when the Eagles nabbed him in the fourth round when there were rumors we might have been looking at him. Hmmm... not so much anymore.

And for the record, I think Foles is the better QB but he would get murdered behind our line this year, so overall, Pryor is the better QB in this offense.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 53 of 100

Jump to: