Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Pryor Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

theres that pocket again

Holy crap, is Pryor retarded?? He clearly could have avoided that by stepping up inside the pocket! SMH he's garbage!

We should cut him & start McGloin ASAP!

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Raidin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cellomac1212 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
cellomac1212 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
I don't get the huge upside with Pryor. Is it just because he's tall and can run fast?

I don't either (obviously lol). Like I said, I don't think he's going to get much better than we're seeing right now. I thought he would but last week shows, which he's done numerous times in the past, that when he get rattled, he falls apart and it shows in his emotions after the game. He's far too emotional. That can wreck you and I think it will hold him back. He's going to have to learn w/ deal w/ things differently and control himself in order to succeed.

he hasn't given me a reason in the past to believe he can do it but then again, he also didn't give me a reason to think he'd ever learn to throw the football well. Now he can albeit what was the best part of his passing game (the deep ball) has suffered. I don't think he's thrown one accurate (in terms of an NFL pass) bomb this season. Could be wrong though.

I don't chime in much around here anymore, but really, there isn't a qb alive that can look great in the situation the Raiders are providing. Not only do we have the worst o-line in the league, it is very possible we have the worst receivers in the league as well. This was all took into account when we were predicted to win 2 games this year. The line can't block and the receivers don't get open often. Pryor's biggest x-factor is that he can get away often when everything else falls to crap and make a positive play out of it. Peyton Manning would get demolished on this team and we would think he was the second coming of Matt Flynn. Believe it or not, there aren't very many other options that could actually be competitive here. Luckily we have Pryor and he at least keeps the games bearable to watch for the most part. What people fail to understand is that this could be so much worse... By at least 100% more...

Third play of the game Streater was wide open in front of Pryor. He got scared by the players in front of him though and didn't see him. That's a throw Brady or Manning(and lots of other QB's) make each time. Neither would be demolished behind this team. I don't think our WR's are that bad, they have helped out TP on a number of occasions and have been open and not found a lot.

You have to admit to nitpicking when you can single out one play from an entire game where a hall of fame qb would have made the play...

But with that said, you are right. Pryor is inconsistent right now. I can also point out about 10 more plays that Pryor could make that would have resulted in a sack or throw away had it been one of the guys you mentioned. The biggest issue with everyone on here is they are comparing Pryor to the top 5 qb's in the league or other stop gap veterans that have made a living just doing enough to stay in the league. At this point, Pryor is neither. He is up and coming. As with most up and coming qb's , there will be problems that can be pointed out... Either we give him the chance at becoming good, or we complain about the mistakes he makes until someone better comes along or he gets good. At this point, it seems the Raiders are supportive so the Raiders fans should be as well. Come on now, people wanted Flynn, Wilson, and Mcgloin... Almost impossible they would be doing better than Pryor right now... I guess as unhappy Raider fans, we have to have something to complain about...

Plenty others I can name, but there isn't much point. I used that one because it was the third play in. It also shows that are WR's can get open. You compared Pyror to Brady/Manning in the first place as well, I agree comparisons with them aren't far. At the end of the day the question is where is Pryror's ceiling? I think it's pretty low myself but everyone has different opinions on that.
Django

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Dubow ‏@JoshDubowAP 16 Oct
Terrelle Pryor passer rating is 104.2 in 1st half. 65 in second #Raiders

Gotta improve...when teams start to adjust..
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

theres that pocket again

I think that was the option play where he should have audibled. They didn't fall for it at all.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
I think that was the option play where he should have audibled. They didn't fall for it at all.

It was. But what does it matter? You could argue (even correctly, I might add) 'til you're blue in the face and it won't make a bit of difference with some people. They still will either see what they want to see and only that, or straight up ignore points a lot of the time. I was going to breakdown all of the sacks but when I see mindless sarcasm posts like that, I realize how fruitless it would be and decide to spend my time on other things.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

It was. But what does it matter? You could argue (even correctly, I might add) 'til you're blue in the face and it won't make a bit of difference with some people. They still will either see what they want to see and only that, or straight up ignore points a lot of the time. I was going to breakdown all of the sacks but when I see mindless sarcasm posts like that, I realize how fruitless it would be and decide to spend my time on other things.
I would like to see your breakdown.
cellomac1212

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

Didn't an analyst already break it down? I thought I read they had six sacks attributed to the o-line while the other four were on Pryor... I don't think it matters much anyway as Pryor is going to have plenty of growing pains. The real question is will he ever out grow them??? I personally think he has shown enough to be given the chance, but at the same time, I can see why other people think it's pointless...

I hoped for a playoff appearance, but the passing of Al met terms for my sig removal after 3+ years.
ch8878

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Django wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
The delay of game penalties need to stop getting old fast Mad

At least 2 a game. I don't understand why it's so hard. If it's not a delay of game, it's costing us a timeout which could be crucial considering we know he loves to run around instead of just getting rid of the ball.

We'll see if he can get out of it. He never had that problem at OSU which is odd (at least that I remember). Some people I remember said something about the coaching not getting it in on time but Flynn never had a problem so I think that notion kinda went out the window there.

Its a combination of Pryor and Olson.

I said before Olson was signed....He always got plays in late with Tampa. Pryor still learning a 3rd playbook in 3 years as well.

Only reason Pryor got the plays in "faster" than he has now is because he had the same one for 3 years

Interesting. I didn't know he had that issue in Tampa. If Pryor does really have the mental issues it seems he does, he'll never succeed when not in the same offense. This is a legit question too; how many team really run the same offense that often? I mean, I know there's some but I can't even pretend to know what the average is.

I didn't think Olson had that issue in Tampa either.

To be fair to Pryor the play clock did look like it would be hard to see in the KC game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cellomac1212 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

Didn't an analyst already break it down? I thought I read they had six sacks attributed to the o-line while the other four were on Pryor... I don't think it matters much anyway as Pryor is going to have plenty of growing pains. The real question is will he ever out grow them??? I personally think he has shown enough to be given the chance, but at the same time, I can see why other people think it's pointless...

That's pretty much where I'm at. He's earned a shot to develop, but he has glaring weaknesses he hasn't improved on. He needs to do that. At the same time, he has fixed other parts of his game. So it is logical to think he might fix the others, because some of them are fixable. Namely, getting plays in, pocket presence and decision making. I would not complain if our front office took a QB this draft though.

I know analysts have broken down the sacks. Probably coming up with a similar consensus compared with my thoughts. But even with them saying the same thing, you have people coming around and making facetious excuses absolving the guy of any blame whatsoever. Its like he's got a cult following. So when I see those sarcastic blame deflections still happening so frequently, with somewhat reputable analysts giving their breakdowns, I don't see the value in wasting my time doing it and posting results.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The QBOTF isnt on this team.

However, I'm hoping Pryor can at least be a solid stop gap QB.
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:

Some mock drafts still have the Raiders getting the #1 pick, but I'm not sure if Jags win any games.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:

I agree, if anything there is a POSQB on this team though. I mean, if we're gonna play the acronym game....

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:

I'm not sure. I want to see what TP does the rest of the season. If he continues to crumble mentally then we might have to move on. If he continues to progress with the flaws I mentioned, then maybe we stick with him and wait til the 2nd or 3rd to pick a QB. Hopefully our offensive line will get healthy soon so we can get a good analysis after the season is over.

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, Pryor is our QBOTF. This team plays hard for him, he has shown he can improve, and he has unbelievable potential. This makes me believe he is the one. He may not win us the most games right now, but he will in the future, thus being our QB of the future.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Django

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
In my opinion, Pryor is our QBOTF. This team plays hard for him, he has shown he can improve, and he has unbelievable potential. This makes me believe he is the one. He may not win us the most games right now, but he will in the future, thus being our QB of the future.

Here's the problem with Pryor. At least for me.

I watch a Raiders game with him. And I'm like "wow, Pryor great a read. Wow, Pryor completed a nice pass with zip. Wow, he he was poised in the pocket and went through his progressions, etc. etc."

So I get excited.

Then I watch other teams and other young QBs. And then I'm like "Holy ****, these guys are making plays/throws Pryor hasnt done yet" And then I'm disappointed again.

Pryor has improved. But I lowered my expectations so much...that I use to get excited about routine plays. I use to get excited about him just showing average zip on his passes. Stuff that 88 and BP accused me and others of hyping such average play.

I hope Pryor becomes a good QB. So far he's not. He's an average throwing talent who is an excellent athlete.

But time will tell.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 52 of 100

Jump to: