Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Pryor Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12123
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
I just want to point out that I'm not on the Pryor bandwagon, I'm on the Raiders return to grace wagon meaning if Pryor becomes our Keapernick or Wilson becomes Rodgers or Flynn turns into Eli Manning that's who I'm going to root for. I just enjoy talking football. I'm on the Raiders go 12-4 stomp the Broncos bandwagon. Those comparisons aren't who I believe they'll become I'm just saying I want a winner.


Oh I understand and I'm w/ you. I just don't want to waste time w/ crap anymore. I'm so sick of putting an inferior product on the field
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3655
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
bitty wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:


No one is branding Wilson a "savior" or "next coming" either as you're the only person to bring it up. I simply said he's got more promise than Pryor b/c it's evident that he does. Again, this isn't a cheap shot, it's common sense to anyone w/ even a little bit of knowledge about football.



I am he has shown everything needed to be an elite QB even if it was in short spurts.


LOL OK, so you are. I'm fine w/ that. I believe his biggest obstacle will be facing opposition and how he reacts to getting hit around again like he did in AK. But yes, based on natural ability, IMO, he's the best QB on the team. It's all a question of him being able to translate that onto the field.



Wilson should sit the bench for one or two years. He could build chemistry with the young WRs while the Raiders keep improving their O-line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12123
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Do you understand that everything we're talking about now is hypothetical? How we're talking about the probability of something based off of what we previously know of the person?? I've actually "been on Wilson's nuts" since his junior season at Arkansas so you're minimally right about that. Is Pryor not the third best QB based on the reports coming from camp this season? Would you say he's beating out Wilson b/c we all know Flynn is going to start barring Tyler taking the job and yes, Tyler has the ability to. I'm almost certain you've never seen him play though. Pryor needs to look out for McGloin putting in all that hard work, playing w/ a chip on his shoulder, and consistently proving tons of doubters wrong LOL.
Now I'm certain you don't know crap since I may have watched Wilson play more than you have. Show me a report that say Pryor is now third string and Wilson is getting all the second team reps. You wont. Because nobody wins jobs in June.


I highly doubt you have... I'm almost certain of it.

Now pay attention to the bold. Do you understand that statement? Now, I have never said ANYTHING definitive except Flynn is our starter b/c his money says it is and so have the coaches. NOW, please do me a favor and go back, reread my post, reread your post, find out how you're arguing something that no one else is, except you, and try your best to get back to me.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ro4DPoY


Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Posts: 553
Location: VA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

For one my track record speaks for itself.

Secondly I think Wilson can be a good QB as well. However to say he has been showing improvement is a stretch imo. He came in hot and wasnt as good towards the end. I will say to his credit you really cant judge improvement from two weeks or so of camp.Now if you are saying it sounds as if he looked better in practice than he looked on the field in college last season then yes. However this is just practice and he may practice well. Hell Leinart was the king of camp but looked like doo doo on the gamedays. Kind of the same argument some have for Pryor going the other way.


Well I guess we have to leave it at that b/c I don't know your track record. All I know is you admittedly don't like putting things into context which is why I asked for an explanation.

I admit Wilson cooled off but can we really expect him to maintain that momentum all the way? He's a rookie, he will have his off and on days but the promise he's shown thus far > Pryor's. Overall though, I agree w/ the point you made.
As far as Wilson is concerned I, like all our fans should be, hope he can become something we need someone to emerge, but you couldn't wait to once again take your pot shots at Pryor based on reports from a rookie camp, then claim your just reporting the news. Wlson hasn't been talked about since. My view of him is based on real action in fact the last real action he had before being drafted to show scouts what he can do was the Senior Bowl where he looked like hot garbage.
That being said I'm not going to brand him a failure based on that one game, but it is more telling than a rookie camp. Lets see what NFL coaching can do for him, instead of branding him a savior and the next coming after a rookie camp report.


It's a conversation about Pryor, smarty.... did you eat paint chips as a kid?

No one is branding Wilson a "savior" or "next coming" either as you're the only person to bring it up. I simply said he's got more promise than Pryor b/c it's evident that he does. Again, this isn't a cheap shot, it's common sense to anyone w/ even a little bit of knowledge about football.
You obviously been eating paint chips because I can go find your post when the report came out about Wilson looking good in rookie camp, and you jumped all on his nuts, while telling everybody how Pryor was third string, and Wilson could start all based on a rookie camp, "smarty"


Do you understand that everything we're talking about now is hypothetical? How we're talking about the probability of something based off of what we previously know of the person?? I've actually "been on Wilson's nuts" since his junior season at Arkansas so you're minimally right about that. Is Pryor not the third best QB based on the reports coming from camp this season? Would you say he's beating out Wilson b/c we all know Flynn is going to start barring Tyler taking the job and yes, Tyler has the ability to. I'm almost certain you've never seen him play though. Pryor needs to look out for McGloin putting in all that hard work, playing w/ a chip on his shoulder, and consistently proving tons of doubters wrong LOL.
Now I'm certain you don't know crap since I may have watched Wilson play more than you have. Show me a report that say Pryor is now third string and Wilson is getting all the second team reps. You wont. Because nobody wins jobs in June.


Thought I'd give my two cents.

Basing your opinions on BS reports is just as bad as anyone else doing the same in Pryor's favor. I could care less about reports, until the depth chart is listed and DA has came out and said that Pryor is 3rd string I could care less about others opinions. By the end of the day it's all on DA, not reports by sports writers who have absolutely no say it what happens lol.

I'm not going to base any opinion on reports or training camp, it's about college production and what's to be seen during the preseason. Unless Pryor or Wilson shows up and dominates in the preseason Flynn will carry us through another mediocre season. I feel bad for Flynn, no matter how you look at it every Raider fan wants the new college QB to dominate or Pryor to come out and be the next Keapernick.
_________________
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Cody Hoffman is the best wr in this draft. Write it down take a pic idgaf


Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14911
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why didnt all this just go in the tp,wilson, flynn thread Laughing
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you


Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 4142
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Do you understand that everything we're talking about now is hypothetical? How we're talking about the probability of something based off of what we previously know of the person?? I've actually "been on Wilson's nuts" since his junior season at Arkansas so you're minimally right about that. Is Pryor not the third best QB based on the reports coming from camp this season? Would you say he's beating out Wilson b/c we all know Flynn is going to start barring Tyler taking the job and yes, Tyler has the ability to. I'm almost certain you've never seen him play though. Pryor needs to look out for McGloin putting in all that hard work, playing w/ a chip on his shoulder, and consistently proving tons of doubters wrong LOL.
Now I'm certain you don't know crap since I may have watched Wilson play more than you have. Show me a report that say Pryor is now third string and Wilson is getting all the second team reps. You wont. Because nobody wins jobs in June.


I highly doubt you have... I'm almost certain of it.

Now pay attention to the bold. Do you understand that statement? Now, I have never said ANYTHING definitive except Flynn is our starter b/c his money says it is and so have the coaches. NOW, please do me a favor and go back, reread my post, reread your post, find out how you're arguing something that no one else is, except you, and try your best to get back to me.
JTagg wrote:

Quote:

I just think it's funny he's number 2 on the depth chart after 1 weekend of workouts LOL.

Flynn better not get hurt. I'm just hoping we found our franchise guy in the 4th round.
Yeah that wasn't very definitive Rolling Eyes just wrong as usual.
_________________
He hate me!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ro4DPoY


Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Posts: 553
Location: VA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
why didnt all this just go in the tp,wilson, flynn thread Laughing


Because it's really all about Pryor and whether or not he's our very own secret Jesus.
_________________
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Cody Hoffman is the best wr in this draft. Write it down take a pic idgaf


Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14911
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
why didnt all this just go in the tp,wilson, flynn thread Laughing


Because it's really all about Pryor and whether or not he's our very own secret Jesus.


well the title should reflect that then lol.

didnt we have about 3 other tp threads tho

btw i went to hampton u in va. and va beach in the summer time felt like being in a rap video. always get lucky. Cool
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you


Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
true2form


Joined: 01 Jan 2010
Posts: 760
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it time for preseason yet? Brick wall
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ro4DPoY


Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Posts: 553
Location: VA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
why didnt all this just go in the tp,wilson, flynn thread Laughing


Because it's really all about Pryor and whether or not he's our very own secret Jesus.


well the title should reflect that then lol.
didnt we have about 3 other tp threads tho

btw i went to hampton u in va. and va beach in the summer time felt like being in a rap video. always get lucky. Cool


The title does reflect it, it's THEE official Pryor thread lol.

Yeah I was stationed in VA for 3 years, I'm actually on orders to go back to VA for another 2 years but after that I'm heading back to CA i'm so tired of watching Redskins games...
_________________
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Cody Hoffman is the best wr in this draft. Write it down take a pic idgaf


Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12123
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Do you understand that everything we're talking about now is hypothetical? How we're talking about the probability of something based off of what we previously know of the person?? I've actually "been on Wilson's nuts" since his junior season at Arkansas so you're minimally right about that. Is Pryor not the third best QB based on the reports coming from camp this season? Would you say he's beating out Wilson b/c we all know Flynn is going to start barring Tyler taking the job and yes, Tyler has the ability to. I'm almost certain you've never seen him play though. Pryor needs to look out for McGloin putting in all that hard work, playing w/ a chip on his shoulder, and consistently proving tons of doubters wrong LOL.
Now I'm certain you don't know crap since I may have watched Wilson play more than you have. Show me a report that say Pryor is now third string and Wilson is getting all the second team reps. You wont. Because nobody wins jobs in June.


I highly doubt you have... I'm almost certain of it.

Now pay attention to the bold. Do you understand that statement? Now, I have never said ANYTHING definitive except Flynn is our starter b/c his money says it is and so have the coaches. NOW, please do me a favor and go back, reread my post, reread your post, find out how you're arguing something that no one else is, except you, and try your best to get back to me.
JTagg wrote:

Quote:

I just think it's funny he's number 2 on the depth chart after 1 weekend of workouts LOL.

Flynn better not get hurt. I'm just hoping we found our franchise guy in the 4th round.
Yeah that wasn't very definitive Rolling Eyes just wrong as usual.


Yep, that's an error on my part. I should have never wrote that. Guess I got caught up in the hype. Wrong as usual though? LOL. Only to you my friend, but that's not my fault.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12123
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
I'm actually on orders to go back to VA for another 2 years but after that I'm heading back to CA i'm so tired of watching Redskins games...


We get NFC East games around here every week also. Sometimes two. It's annoying. That's what local spots that have Sunday Ticket are good for if you don't feel like streaming games like some apparently do.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ro4DPoY


Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Posts: 553
Location: VA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
I'm actually on orders to go back to VA for another 2 years but after that I'm heading back to CA i'm so tired of watching Redskins games...


We get NFC East games around here every week also. Sometimes two. It's annoying. That's what local spots that have Sunday Ticket are good for if you don't feel like streaming games like some apparently do.


If I get a chance I'm going to see if there's a place in VA that has like a Raiders club or something I hate trying to watch games on NFL.com when I get quicker updates on this forum lol.
_________________
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Cody Hoffman is the best wr in this draft. Write it down take a pic idgaf


Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12123
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
I'm actually on orders to go back to VA for another 2 years but after that I'm heading back to CA i'm so tired of watching Redskins games...


We get NFC East games around here every week also. Sometimes two. It's annoying. That's what local spots that have Sunday Ticket are good for if you don't feel like streaming games like some apparently do.


If I get a chance I'm going to see if there's a place in VA that has like a Raiders club or something I hate trying to watch games on NFL.com when I get quicker updates on this forum lol.


I mean, before I found my streaming site, I used to go to Bdubs just to watch games. There was always about 5-6 other Raider fans there and they always let me sit w/ them even though we sucked azz haha. Same when I was in college also and went to another Bdubs like place. I would like to think you'll get the same treatment there plus they really stepped up their menu lately haha.

Just some thought or hell, if you don't mind watching the games by yourself, I'm sure you'll be able to find some spots that have Sunday ticket and a ton of TVs. It was great for me b/c I got access to all games for fantasy purposes.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ro4DPoY


Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Posts: 553
Location: VA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
I'm actually on orders to go back to VA for another 2 years but after that I'm heading back to CA i'm so tired of watching Redskins games...


We get NFC East games around here every week also. Sometimes two. It's annoying. That's what local spots that have Sunday Ticket are good for if you don't feel like streaming games like some apparently do.


If I get a chance I'm going to see if there's a place in VA that has like a Raiders club or something I hate trying to watch games on NFL.com when I get quicker updates on this forum lol.


I mean, before I found my streaming site, I used to go to Bdubs just to watch games. There was always about 5-6 other Raider fans there and they always let me sit w/ them even though we sucked azz haha. Same when I was in college also and went to another Bdubs like place. I would like to think you'll get the same treatment there plus they really stepped up their menu lately haha.

Just some thought or hell, if you don't mind watching the games by yourself, I'm sure you'll be able to find some spots that have Sunday ticket and a ton of TVs. It was great for me b/c I got access to all games for fantasy purposes.


I'll definitely look into it. I haven't talked football in person with anyone with the kind of passion I have for the game in like a year. Almost 5 since I've talked to another Raiders fan lol. But yeah hate that we're going off topic I'm just really excited for this season and hope to catch more than just a couple games.
_________________
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Cody Hoffman is the best wr in this draft. Write it down take a pic idgaf


Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 4 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group