Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Pryor Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Gustavo wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Gustavo wrote:
If Pryor is not starting by week 1, I lost all hope with this team.

You actually have hope?

Both sides of the ball lack talent. The Oline can't run block or pass block. The WRs are below average. The TE situation is a question mark. The QBs are not starting material.

The D can't pressure the QB. Coverage looks suspect as a result. Teams have been ripping through the D on run plays and making QBs job easy all preseason.

My hope w/ this team is that they can find a QB sometime before 2015 and some competent players to block for him.

I'm talking about with the organization as a whole. If Pryor does not start, DA and RM need to go.

Why? What does not starting Pryor have to do w/ their ability to coach and find talent in the draft?

Because it shows that they'd rather "stick with their guy" instead of playing the guy who gives the team the best chance to win.

Ironically it's similar to AL's mindset.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Gustavo wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Gustavo wrote:

You actually have hope?

Both sides of the ball lack talent. The Oline can't run block or pass block. The WRs are below average. The TE situation is a question mark. The QBs are not starting material.

The D can't pressure the QB. Coverage looks suspect as a result. Teams have been ripping through the D on run plays and making QBs job easy all preseason.

My hope w/ this team is that they can find a QB sometime before 2015 and some competent players to block for him.

I'm talking about with the organization as a whole. If Pryor does not start, DA and RM need to go.

Why? What does not starting Pryor have to do w/ their ability to coach and find talent in the draft?

Because it shows that they'd rather "stick with their guy" instead of playing the guy who gives the team the best chance to win.

Except there is no evidence that Pryor gives them a better chance to win. You are jumping to conclusions off one performance.

It's the same rhetoric we heard last offseason when Palmer was struggling w/ the offense. But he did fine when the season started.

Pryor goes and lays an egg in Seattle. Then what are we all saying?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Gustavo wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Gustavo wrote:

You actually have hope?

Except there is no evidence that Pryor gives them a better chance to win. You are jumping to conclusions off one performance.

It's the same rhetoric we heard last offseason when Palmer was struggling w/ the offense. But he did fine when the season started.

Well we can use the same excuse Pryor haters use but in the opposite sense. Seattle has arguably the best defense in the league, so if Pryor plays poor that's his excuse. Wink

Serioiusly though I think it's funny Flynn gets a sore arm when we're about to play the best D in the league. He must know that starting against a good team like Seattle would only hurt his chances... because he would've likely struggled again against a great defense, with Pryor coming in against 2nd stringers and playing well.

Now, Pryor is playing against top competition. If he plays well next week, there is nothing to discredit his play because the only excuse against him is that he hasn't done it against good competition. Well, now's his chance. I hope he earns the starting job next week.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Gustavo wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Gustavo wrote:

You actually have hope?

Well we can use the same excuse Pryor haters use but in the opposite sense. Seattle has arguably the best defense in the league, so if Pryor plays poor that's his excuse. Wink

Serioiusly though I think it's funny Flynn gets a sore arm when we're about to play the best D in the league. He must know that starting against a good team like Seattle would only hurt his chances... because he would've likely struggled again against a great defense, with Pryor coming in against 2nd stringers and playing well.

Now, Pryor is playing against top competition. If he plays well next week, there is nothing to discredit his play because the only excuse against him is that he hasn't done it against good competition. Well, now's his chance. I hope he earns the starting job next week.
Meh. not really. The Seahawks will probably only play there starters one series, the most important game is the 3rd. As long as Pryor can make it through the first series without a turnover, and not bomb. But if he crashes....

Last edited by Nodisrespect on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
dante9876

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Gustavo wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Gustavo wrote:

You actually have hope?

whats the evidence that flynn give us the best chance to win.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, whenever Pryor is allowed to throw the ball down the field on first and second down we have had our biggest success.

All that Pistol stuff has a gimmickry feel and running up the middle and then throwing screen passes on 3rd and long is the type of playing Flynn needs.

We can go in so many directions with a player like Pryor who is competent enough to allow us to set up a offense with a wide variety of explosive elements.
Stix101

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sfchronicle.com/raiders/article/Raiders-Allen-isn-t-ready-to-bench-QB-Flynn-4759142.php?t=6944145eeb47b02379

Quote:
"I just think I competed. That's the first thing coach said ... that he was looking for guys to compete," Pryor said. "All I want to do is get better. I love this game more than anything."

This is why i root for the kid and that's what every coach wants to hear. Love it.

But as the news article is titled, "Allen isn't ready to bench QB Flynn." Pryor
needs to preform well in Seattle. He earned the chance, now he needs to earn the job.
NickButera

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stix101 wrote:
http://www.sfchronicle.com/raiders/article/Raiders-Allen-isn-t-ready-to-bench-QB-Flynn-4759142.php?t=6944145eeb47b02379

Quote:
"I just think I competed. That's the first thing coach said ... that he was looking for guys to compete," Pryor said. "All I want to do is get better. I love this game more than anything."

This is why i root for the kid and that's what every coach wants to hear. Love it.

But as the news article is titled, "Allen isn't ready to bench QB Flynn." Pryor
needs to preform well in Seattle. He earned the chance, now he needs to earn the job.

I agree. It'll be tough to play well against Seattle. Even if their starters don't play very much. IMO, I don't think he has to play well, meaning the whole game. I just think he has to play good enough in spurts. Show some flashes of good steady play, a few good scoring drives, etc. That should earn him the job in this case, because that's all Flynn has done and he hasn't even done too much of that.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be interesting to see how Pryor passes the ball against arguably the best secondary in all of football. Like Nick said even if Pryor doesn't play great but shows flashes of being able to make plays I think he'll be named the starter. Flynn can't evade the rush, can't move the ball down the field, and quite frankly can't make plays and if he's our starting quarterback I'll be surprised if we win more than two or three games.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Gustavo wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Gustavo wrote:

You actually have hope?

Either way he deserves a shot he's earned it by all accounts Pryor has gotten much better even in practice which some said he needed to do to show he deserves his shot.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Gustavo wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Gustavo wrote:

You actually have hope?

There is none..... And that's the sad state of affairs. The QBs on this roster suck and neither will do anything to effect the win column.

Pryor or Flynn, it doesn't matter as neither is carrying the team to wins. There will be games Pryor loses w/ mistakes that Flynn may have one being conservative. And there may be games that Pryor wins w/ his ability to run that Flynn couldn't. Either way.... same net result. Pryor simply makes it more exciting because he's athletic.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Pryor simply makes it more exciting because he's athletic.

Just like at OSU. Now watch when he makes you bang your head against the wall b/c he plays like a moron. He's been very lucky this preseason w/ his jump balls.

PM sig requests.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Gustavo wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Gustavo wrote:

You actually have hope?

There is none..... And that's the sad state of affairs. The QBs on this roster suck and neither will do anything to effect the win column.

Pryor or Flynn, it doesn't matter as neither is carrying the team to wins. There will be games Pryor loses w/ mistakes that Flynn may have one being conservative. And there may be games that Pryor wins w/ his ability to run that Flynn couldn't. Either way.... same net result. Pryor simply makes it more exciting because he's athletic.
this is a entertainment business.
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Gustavo wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Gustavo wrote:

You actually have hope?

Well you want the guy with an arm that is falling off or a guy who can actually throw it for it to get intercepted. I think is pretty clear at is point neither will lead us to many wins but I would think Pryor is the younger, cheaper option with room to grow. So even if you feel they are equal in the WAR department, no reason nt to start Pryor at this point
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little stat.............
Indeed. Five of Pryor's drop-backs were under pressure, and on those plays he had a rating of 118.8, according to Pro Football Focus. Five of Flynn's drop-backs were under pressure, and on those plays he had a rating of 0.0.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 20 of 100

Jump to: