Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If we add another receiver, who should it be?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
If we can get Maclin for a 3rd do it this freakin instant

Yeah, don't forget we will still have Tampa's third next year.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
If we can get Maclin for a 3rd do it this freakin instant

Yea I can't see Philly letting him go for a third. I guess our only leverage there would be "hey it will probably be a low pick"

They supposedly dont like his injury proneness along with MM coaching him in Philly, Idzik pretty much making the same moves Seattle did(Lynch=Ivory, Wilson=Smith, Harvin=Maclin)

it makes sense, too much sense

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
jg6041

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
What ever happened to Mike Williams? I remember he had a nice come back in Seattle and never heard from him since.

He could not catch on it Canada so something seems terribly wrong.

Mike Williams

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
drew39k

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep Owens the hell away from this team. There is zero logic to bringing that guy into the fold. Dude got cut by Seattle because of frequent drops. He's got a long track record of being a head case/ cancer. He's old and slow too. The only thing bringing him in would do is perpetuate notion that the jets are a circus. No thank you.

If we are talking about bringing in a vet Braylon Edwards should be the guy. He plays hard, is respected in the locker room, good blocker and still a good receiver. He could also prove to be a great mentor for the Magician, mister Stephen Hill.

Other than that I'd almost prefer just seeing what the young guys have. Wrs tend to take a couple years to develop. Hill has tons of talent and certainly flashed some potential. If he can harness that potential he can be out number 1. Kerley is a solid number two. It's a lost year anyway. Lets see if anyone can step in and claim a spot. If not we can target a top wr next draft.
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aliens Theme Sanchez LOLFEST.

"It wont make any difference... (Newt, Aliens)"

"They mostly drop the ball, mostly... (Newt, Aliens)"

"Game over man, GAME OVER! (Sanchez, Butt Fumble highlights)"

"Close your eyes baby! (The Butt, before the fumble)"

"Oh yah, with those footballs being thrown by Sanchez? You can count me out! (Everyone, LOL)"

"Guess we can just count us all out..." (WR CORE, NFL) "That's right man!" (NCAA WRs everywhere)

Sanchez lol.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL_Announcer wrote:
Aliens Theme Sanchez LOLFEST.

"It wont make any difference... (Newt, Aliens)"

"They mostly drop the ball, mostly... (Newt, Aliens)"

"Game over man, GAME OVER! (Sanchez, Butt Fumble highlights)"

"Close your eyes baby! (The Butt, before the fumble)"

"Oh yah, with those footballs being thrown by Sanchez? You can count me out! (Everyone, LOL)"

"Guess we can just count us all out..." (WR CORE, NFL) "That's right man!" (NCAA WRs everywhere)

Sanchez lol.

NFL_Announcer what exactly is the purpose of this post? Because it sure looks like a weak attempt at trolling to me. If this is the quality of your posting, take it to another site, because we expect a higher quality at Footballs Future.

To the rest of the forum, the member noted above has been issued a warning. My apologies for his conduct. Carry on.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love Braylon to return, was one of my favourite Jets.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurent Robinson is the best one available but he had so many concussions man. eh Steve Breaston is still lingering around.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
Laurent Robinson is the best one available but he had so many concussions man. eh Steve Breaston is still lingering around.
Robinson is done. If he didn't have his concussions, he wouldn't be available.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bray seem like the best option from FA for now.

If Geno turn out to be a good QB, we might be able to pull Maclin, Cruz, Nicks, James Jones, or Kenny Britt during the next FA period. Next year's draft looks good for WR's as well.

I say sign Bray for a 1 year deal. Bray will start over Hill until he can show improvement. If hill shows up, He'll be #2 and we can focus on Holmes and if he will be replaced or not.
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

If Geno turn out to be a good QB, we might be able to pull Maclin, Cruz, Nicks, James Jones, or Kenny Britt during the next FA period. Next year's draft looks good for WR's as well.

I say sign Bray for a 1 year deal. Bray will start over Hill until he can show improvement. If hill shows up, He'll be #2 and we can focus on Holmes and if he will be replaced or not.

Are we even sure Holmes is going to be to start the season? Or when he starts he'll be able to play at an average level? That's the biggest question mark to me for the entire team.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Are we even sure Holmes is going to be to start the season? Or when he starts he'll be able to play at an average level? That's the biggest question mark to me for the entire team.

That's another reason why we should sign Bray. Bray will be insurance for both WRs. Hill's development & Holmes health.

After this season we will be able to Cut Holmes(if needed), Bray will become a FA (If we sign him), and we should know what we have in Hill. Giving us the freedom to replace #1 & #2 if we need to or just replace 1.

I just don't want to see Geno go through the same WR mess Sanchez went through if he become the starter.
Rich51

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this time I really don't want us to pick up another old receiver or a guy that couldn't produce with another team.

I would prefer we give White and the rookies a lot of playing time in the preseason. If none of them show any promise we could than try to fill out the roster with a Braylon or somebody cut from a team with a lot of quality wide receivers
jg6041

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

That's another reason why we should sign Bray. Bray will be insurance for both WRs. Hill's development & Holmes health.

After this season we will be able to Cut Holmes(if needed), Bray will become a FA (If we sign him), and we should know what we have in Hill. Giving us the freedom to replace #1 & #2 if we need to or just replace 1.

I just don't want to see Geno go through the same WR mess Sanchez went through if he become the starter.

Its seems obvious so it makes me wonder if there is more with the off the field stuff going on than we know.
Even if they go Sanchez Braylon makes sense. I really do not get it.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Braylon Edwards is in the back of the team's mind as a contingency... I'd like to see Hill make the spot his own without question in training camp and the team would ultimately be better for that too without bringing someone else in. Regardless of how his rookie season went, drafting Hill as a high second round pick in 2012 means we're expecting him to come good and be a big part of the offense by the 2014 season. Let's see where he's at now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: