Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If we add another receiver, who should it be?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RollTide99

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If ee ho the FA route I'd like to see us mab either Bray or Lloyd, but if we go the trade route we should Target Jeremey Maclin, Nate Wahsington, or Doug Baldwin imo.

JMG on the sig
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollTide99 wrote:
If ee ho the FA route I'd like to see us mab either Bray or Lloyd, but if we go the trade route we should Target Jeremey Maclin, Nate Wahsington, or Doug Baldwin imo.

Jeremy Maclin is the best receiver on the Eagles , yes desean is more explosive but I think Maclin is more reliable... doubt they part with him cheap
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going Bray then Collie. Collie wont be a superstar, but the guy can catch and can run routes. That is more than we have right now.

No to TO. OMG no, no, no, no.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
I am going Bray then Collie. Collie wont be a superstar, but the guy can catch and can run routes. That is more than we have right now.

Collie is done. Too many concussions.
Malik

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We didn't get anyone in the draft or free agency. Is what it is this year. I don't believe it was as god awful as the numbers show considering how many open receivers Sanchez either missed or neglected to throw the ball to.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jimbo1904 wrote:

Collie is done. Too many concussions.

Not to mention a lot of our younger WRs have similiar skill sets to Collie. The only WR we have that is like Bray is Hill, but Hill is worse with his drops than Bray ever was with US.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
jg6041

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
We didn't get anyone in the draft or free agency. Is what it is this year. I don't believe it was as god awful as the numbers show considering how many open receivers Sanchez either missed or neglected to throw the ball to.

Mailk have some coffee before posting. Wink

I am by no means a Sanchez supporter but the line and the receivers were awful last year.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard a rumor about us being interested in Jeremy Maclin

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
I heard a rumor about us being interested in Jeremy Maclin

source?
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad he's got the baggage cause honestly I wouldn't mind seeing what TO has left. Now before everyone starts freaking, no I wouldn't do that to Geno or Sanchez for that matter. I do however think he's the best guy on the market right now but with the circus nonsense that we can't seem to escape and the rookie QB it's just not worth it.

I really do feel that he's got the most to offer on the FA market but the fit isn't right for us.

Props to Mack on the sig
imaiden6669

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i posted this is another jets forum and its based on an article i read recently but i think we should wait to see who gets cut during camp these are some of the possible names im sure there could be more:

Brad Smith(Bills drafted a couple young WRs plus new HC and new system might see him on way out)

Armanti Edwards(Panthers acquired Ginn jr,he never made the transition to WR so hes strickly a return man)

David Nelson(Browns acquired Bess so hes competing for the last spot in Cleveland, he showed signs of being a good slot guy hes tall with good hands and still young)

Jerome Simpson(Vikings revamped there WRs and he has slipped way down the depth chart and his money isnt worth keeping and a 4th or 5th WR so he can easily be a camp cut)

Dont’a Stallworth and Michael Jenkins(Patriots have alot of young WRs)

Burress and Cotchery(Pitt probably wont keep both vets)

Robert Meachem(SD has the emerging Alexander and drafted a WR so i can see him being let loose, everyone wanted him last year)

Kyle Williams(with Crabtree down an dout this might not happen but who knows they still have a top pick WR from last years draft)

Kevin Walter(if healthy Titans maybe cutting him loose they like Damian Williams better)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ever happened to Mike Williams? I remember he had a nice come back in Seattle and never heard from him since.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really all depends on what the jets see at training camp. At this point we have a lot of young guys on the roster that could end up playing well. Heck even jordan white could be an under the radar guy that could step up. Theres a lot of names.

As far as best wide reciever available, it would be Terrell Owens. The Circus image really shouldnt be what people are worried about at this point. If you bring in TO and he doesnt perform you cut him. Its as easy as that. The problem is the jets are thinking "Circus image" before BPA.

I hate to say it but Braylon is washed up, hes ALOT slower now and fails to create seperation at all. Lloyd clearly has issues if he gets cut by the patriots. Titus young has potential but hes a headcase as well.

In my opinion we will eventually need someone eventually if no one pans out. But its tough to tell at this point.

-- We should just trade a 3rd for Maclin and be done with it.
KBS756

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can get Maclin for a 3rd do it this freakin instant
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
If we can get Maclin for a 3rd do it this freakin instant

Yea I can't see Philly letting him go for a third. I guess our only leverage there would be "hey it will probably be a low pick"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: