Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If we add another receiver, who should it be?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: If we add another receiver, who should it be? Reply with quote

So it looks like the Jets will need to add another body at WR at some point. Santonio is not coming along as suspected as who knows what he'll come back at. On top of the that, Hill and Kerley and supposedly not doing much to impress in camp. Looking at who's out there, it seems like the most likely choices for now would be Braylon, Branch, or Brandon Lloyd. So the question becomes, would you like to add a body now (and if so who) or potentially wait and see who gets cut after camp? Personally, I think Brandon Lloyd would be the best option.

Props to JMG on the sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of those 3, I would have to go with Braylon. Branch is nothing without Brady. I remember Lloyd having some type of character issues, which is probably why he is still out there.

Last season, Braylon looked decent with no time to study plays and a bad hamstring. We know other players like him and he has never been a problem in the locker room. He can also teach Hill how he worked on his hands over the years. He'll just start over Hill until Hill become a threat on the field.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin Johnson. I really think he is the key piece missing.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

KBS756

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Braylon Edwards
2. Terrell Owens

I think Owens has it more physically then Edwards at this point, and I think that Terrell Prob feels insulted by the lack of offers at this time. And if anyone has seen the stats of the history on Owens when he comes in feeling insulted or under appreciated he comes motivated to put up. And he has for most of his career. Guys got 72 Catches and 900+ yards with 9 TDs the last year he played.

But Braylon is someone we have some experience with and he's a good guy for us normally.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
1. Braylon Edwards
2. Terrell Owens

I think Owens has it more physically then Edwards at this point, and I think that Terrell Prob feels insulted by the lack of offers at this time. And if anyone has seen the stats of the history on Owens when he comes in feeling insulted or under appreciated he comes motivated to put up. And he has for most of his career. Guys got 72 Catches and 900+ yards with 9 TDs the last year he played.

But Braylon is someone we have some experience with and he's a good guy for us normally.

LOL oh yeah thats what our young QB needs, an ego maniac like TO. That'll certainly help us lose the "circus" image. T.O. might actually be the worst suggestion possible.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
1. Braylon Edwards
2. Terrell Owens

LOL oh yeah thats what our young QB needs, an ego maniac like TO. That'll certainly help us lose the "circus" image. T.O. might actually be the worst suggestion possible.

Titus Young.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
1. Braylon Edwards
2. Terrell Owens

Titus Young.
Winner
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holmes
Hill
Kerley
Obamanu
Gates
Rogers

Let those 6 develop

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
yankee0724

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ Green or Julio Jones would be nice.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Holmes
Hill
Kerley
Obamanu
Gates
Rogers

Let those 6 develop

Developing WR's with a developing QB (Geno). Sounds like a strong plan Rolling Eyes

Props to JMG on the sig
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If healthy I think Holmes, Hill and Kerley are enough talent with hopefully the emergence of a 4th guy (one of the young guys) and K2 and you got some weapons to work with.

Unfortunately last year none were healthy and depth is still a major issue. Can't go into next year with this group cause if one guy goes down we are back in the same spot as last year.

I think we wait though. There will be a cut somewhere that is an upgrade. Hopefully someone steps up and we don't have to add anyone but right now the FA's are not really all that enticing to me.

I'd take back Braylon I guess but with rather than pull the quick trigger on that just hold tight and hope for a camp cut.

Props to Mack on the sig
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Holmes
Hill
Kerley
Obamanu
Gates
Rogers

Let those 6 develop

Holmes may not even be fully healthy by the start of camp, or even the season. Hill couldn't catch a cold last year. The only starter we have worth a damn is Kerley. We need to find another spot starter to at least improve the depth.

And in response to this thread question, it's gotta be Bray. Dude wants to play here, we could still use him, pretty sure money wouldn't be an issue. And the fans LOVE him. Out of what's available, I think he would be the best option for the team.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
tinoynk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea my friend was saying that he heard Holmes isn't even walking yet. IDK what that means, if its in a wheelchair or whatever, but regardless even if thats an exaggeration it isn't a good thing to hear.

I guess Braylon would be the best way to go, never been a big fan of Lloyd or Branch. And if it weren't for the whole circus perception I'd be fine seeing what TO has left in the tank. But as much as I think it wouldn't be an issue in the end, I'd want to throw a brick through the TV every time they talked about it on ESPN.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
1. Braylon Edwards
2. Terrell Owens

Honestly Screw the circus image makes no difference to me if we're a better team for it. And as for TO Being an ego maniac, as long as it benefits the team I have no issue with it. Look at TO's history and you will see his first year he is motivated and a good teammate who produces, and he is hungry and probably feels his ego has been hurt he will produce if healthy. If he passes a physical I would sign him.
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gotta be Braylon or Lloyd.

Braylon is the better fit with us due to the familiarity. Lloyd is the better play at this point in their careers. Lloyd is a really talented WR, he just cannot get any YAC. If we just want talent though, it doesn't bother me if he can get YAC or not.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: