Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 Most Critical Players to our SB Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
RavensDefense3 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Not in any order, but I believe the following:

Cary Williams
Joe Flacco
Ray Rice
Anquan Boldin
Ray Lewis / Haloti Ngata

Ray Rice? He had two fumbles in the colts game, and he fumbled in our territory in the superbowl which could've possibly cost us the game. He wasn't that great running the football too, with a 3.6 YPC

So you're telling me that Ray Rice wasn't a critical piece for the entire season to our SB run? I'll agree that for the playoffs he wasn't as much a critical piece, but you're out of your mind if you don't think that he wasn't a critical piece the entire season, which is what I based my criteria off of, which is also why you won't find Jacoby Jones on my list, either.

So if I had to variations, it'd look like:

Entire Season:
Flacco
Rice
Cary Williams
Boldin
Ray Lewis / Ngata

Playoffs:
Flacco
Suggs
Ellerbe
Boldin
Jacoby Jones

Quote:
Today I was wondering which 5 players were the most crucial to our path to the SB -- not which 5 players had the best seasons per se, but which guys were the most instrumental to our advancement through the playoffs.

Did you read that part? And if you're doing entire seasons, then I have no idea why you have Ray Lewis out there. He was pretty much out for most of the games, and the ones he did play, he wasn't very good in.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking strictly of the playoff games themselves:

Joe Flacco
Anquan Boldin
Jacoby Jones
Bryant McKinnie (not because he was the best lineman, but because having him in there had the effect of upgrading 3 positions on the OL)
Haloti Ngata

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensDefense3 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
RavensDefense3 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Not in any order, but I believe the following:

Cary Williams
Joe Flacco
Ray Rice
Anquan Boldin
Ray Lewis / Haloti Ngata

Ray Rice? He had two fumbles in the colts game, and he fumbled in our territory in the superbowl which could've possibly cost us the game. He wasn't that great running the football too, with a 3.6 YPC

So you're telling me that Ray Rice wasn't a critical piece for the entire season to our SB run? I'll agree that for the playoffs he wasn't as much a critical piece, but you're out of your mind if you don't think that he wasn't a critical piece the entire season, which is what I based my criteria off of, which is also why you won't find Jacoby Jones on my list, either.

So if I had to variations, it'd look like:

Entire Season:
Flacco
Rice
Cary Williams
Boldin
Ray Lewis / Ngata

Playoffs:
Flacco
Suggs
Ellerbe
Boldin
Jacoby Jones

Quote:
Today I was wondering which 5 players were the most crucial to our path to the SB -- not which 5 players had the best seasons per se, but which guys were the most instrumental to our advancement through the playoffs.

Did you read that part? And if you're doing entire seasons, then I have no idea why you have Ray Lewis out there. He was pretty much out for most of the games, and the ones he did play, he wasn't very good in.

How did our defense fare in those games where Ray was out and we had Dannell Ellerbe and a combination of Bynes/Ayanbadejo and others playing for him? Not very good, IIRC.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
How did our defense fare in those games where Ray was out and we had Dannell Ellerbe and a combination of Bynes/Ayanbadejo and others playing for him? Not very good, IIRC.

The losing streak pretty much directly coincided with Ellerbe getting hurt. We were alright for the most part before that. When Ellerbe got hurt we were reduced to playing 4th and 5th string ILB's together with McClain also out, forcing guys that down the depth chart into a starting role they haven't been trained and prepared for is always going to be a nightmare.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

The losing streak pretty much directly coincided with Ellerbe getting hurt. We were alright for the most part before that. When Ellerbe got hurt we were reduced to playing 4th and 5th string ILB's together with McClain also out, forcing guys that down the depth chart into a starting role they haven't been trained and prepared for is always going to be a nightmare.

Not to mention, that was also when Webb got injured.

That whole point is irrelevant anyways, Ray was out for most of our regular season games, so he shouldn't even be in the discussion for our most critical players.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secondary Play was tremendous in particular at Corner which is a testament to the Front Offices ability to find talent off the scrap heap. You look at Cary Williams & Corey Graham- One was picked up off waivers & the other signed to be a STs Ace. Filled a major void after Ladarius Webb's injury.

Jacoby Jones proved a tremendous Free Agent signing, a guy the Texans essentially gave up on. Not an elite Wide Receiver by any means, but made contributions.

Kelechi Osemele- Tremendous 3rd Round Pick- Notice nobody mentioned Ben Grubbs all season.

Reshuffling the offensive line paid huge dividends.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Secondary Play was tremendous in particular at Corner which is a testament to the Front Offices ability to find talent off the scrap heap. You look at Cary Williams & Corey Graham- One was picked up off waivers & the other signed to be a STs Ace. Filled a major void after Ladarius Webb's injury.

Jacoby Jones proved a tremendous Free Agent signing, a guy the Texans essentially gave up on. Not an elite Wide Receiver by any means, but made contributions.

Kelechi Osemele- Tremendous 3rd Round Pick- Notice nobody mentioned Ben Grubbs all season.

Hmm? Grubbs was a 2nd round pick and referencing Grubbs wouldn't have been relevant until the playoffs since that was the only time he played G. Baltimore was definitely hurting at LG for most of the year with average at best play (on a good day).
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:

Hmm? Grubbs was a 2nd round pick and referencing Grubbs wouldn't have been relevant until the playoffs since that was the only time he played G. Baltimore was definitely hurting at LG for most of the year with average at best play (on a good day).

I think you meant KO was a 2nd round pick.

And yes, I agree -- all year we were hurting at LG. It wasn't until the playoffs that KO played LG and showed that he can be great at that position.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha whoops. Yeah, Grubbs was a 1st round pick. Who I believe flopped hard in New Orleans last season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: