Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hard Knocks pt 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Hard Knocks pt 2 Reply with quote

Bengals will be the featured team according to multiple sources.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/6/15/4432442/confirmed-bengals-will-be-on-hbos-hard-knocks-this-year

I am super excited about being on the show again, and with a whole new team with no divas, I think it wont be much of a distraction. There are going to be plenty of interesting players to follow as well. I could see Margus Hunt, Cobi Hamilton, and Onterrio McCaleb being 3 of the "stars of the show"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Hard Knocks pt 2 Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Bengals will be the featured team according to multiple sources.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/6/15/4432442/confirmed-bengals-will-be-on-hbos-hard-knocks-this-year

I am super excited about being on the show again, and with a whole new team with no divas, I think it wont be much of a distraction. There are going to be plenty of interesting players to follow as well. I could see Margus Hunt, Cobi Hamilton, and Onterrio McCaleb being 3 of the "stars of the show"
I'm pumped if this is true. Hopefully I'll have NFL network this time around and can actually watch the whole thing.

I get the feeling we are one of the few franchises that allows ourselves to be featured on Hard Knocks.
futbudds

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With this squad this show would be awesome, Geno and AJ would become proper superstars and hopefully show Dalton as fully functional leader. Probably lose Zim to a HC job after the season though.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I like this move, and I'm not convinced Marvin and the coaches do either.

Seems to me like a FO move to sell more seats.

I think it gives other teams inside information on our camp and players, at a time when we have good depth and would probably like to 'sneak' some guys onto our practice aquad.

I can't ever imagine Belichick agreeing to something like this.

Too much like 'train-wreck TV' for me, and the 31 other teams get more info about us than otherwise. Its like giving the rest of the league a free scouting report.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. I love seeing the players interact with each other and the coaches. I am trying to go to camp this summer.

Hard knocks is one of the best shows on TV so for them to cover us again is awesome

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I love it. I love seeing the players interact with each other and the coaches. I am trying to go to camp this summer.

Hard knocks is one of the best shows on TV so for them to cover us again is awesome

Sure 'ocho'; its great TV and I'll be watching, but is it good for the team ?
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

I don't see why not. People say its a distraction, but we had a hell of a year after it was here last time. We have the veteran coaches to keep the players heads on straight

RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So pumped. One of the few reasons i like Mike Brown.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

I don't see why not. People say its a distraction, but we had a hell of a year after it was here last time. We have the veteran coaches to keep the players heads on straight

Just watched Scott Pioli on 'PFT Live' say that he wouldn't do 'Hard Knocks because, amongst other things, you just give up too much information to opponents, on cadence and audibles and suchlike.

Overall, don't like the move.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Just watched Scott Pioli on 'PFT Live' say that he wouldn't do 'Hard Knocks because, amongst other things, you just give up too much information to opponents, on cadence and audibles and suchlike.

They don't have to. The bengals get to make edits and changes to the show before it airs. I doubt they give up anything they don't want to

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocpres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

They don't have to. The bengals get to make edits and changes to the show before it airs. I doubt they give up anything they don't want to

It could be a golden opportunity to spread misinformation.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

I'm with Pioli on this one.

You give up film and information on your team you don't have to. 31 other teams will be all over this, and it may compromise who we get to sign to the PSq.

Why waste time coaching all your guys to learn a new offence only to have to change all the play calls when 'Hard-Knocks' is over ? I know teams change their call names regularly during the season, but this just seems to unnecessarily waste coaching time.

'Hard-knocks' = Train wreck TV. Only bad things can happen.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did it hurt us last time?

INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't. Most teams say they dnon't want to give away team secrets, but the stuff you see is no different than watching game tape. I'm pretty sure that all 1200 hours of unused footage gets annhilated by the team.

Honestly, coaches don't want to be scutinized all the time or have the extra attention drawn to them.

As for the practice squad, it seems every year we worry about losing guys on it, but hardly ever do. And when we do, thwey almost always come back. The one exception was Briscoe, who would have stuck if we didnt sign TO late.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
How did it hurt us last time?

We lost the last two games of our season to the Jets. Maybe they were watching. Who knows ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: