Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

P11 Asks (Question #7 on page 5)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: P11 Asks (Question #7 on page 5) Reply with quote

Been slow around here for a while, TC is almost here!
I wanted to spark some discussion so I will be asking some questions in this thread to get some discussion going.

First off, a simple question. Who is your favorite player on the Carolina Panthers?
Whether it is a player's persona, talent, style, or anything that you like, who is your favorite?

For me, it's Greg Olsen. Top 5-10 TE, best hands on the team, great character, well-spoken, seems like a respectable family man.

I'll ask another question in a day or two, hopefully we get some responses. Laughing

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.

Last edited by Panthers11 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:42 am; edited 5 times in total
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me its Charles Johnson.

Coming out of college, he was told that he was too small to be a 4-3 DE, and too slow to be a 3-4 OLB. This dropped one of the most talented pass rushers in the draft to round 3. So what does he do about it? He puts on ~20 pounds of legit muscle (he weighed in around 270 in the draft process, but he didn't strike as the same athlete he did on tape, so some of that was probably extra bulk/water weight just for show purposes), plus he really improved his lateral movement skills, making himself a great overall power DE.
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta go with Steve Smith.

For starters, he's the greatest Panther ever. He used to be some diva WR that a lot of people hated. However, in recent years he cleaned up his act to be a better leader to the team and put on a good example of how players in the NFL should be. I heard on the radio he keeps an article in his locker that came out when he was drafted saying he was going to bust and the Panthers drafted him way to early. He's freakin 5'9 and is one of the best WR in the league. Smith plays harder and with more tenacity than like 95% of the players in the league. Steve Smith is the man period.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
boondock

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it's Luke Kuechly. I'm such a sucker for really good LB play and that's just what he provides. His instincts are top notch and his football IQ is off the charts to only be a rookie. I expect big things from him.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smitty. overcame the odds to become a premiere wideout. best player in panther history. love the attitude. makes crazy plays all the time. etc.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Smith is my favorite player forever. I don't think anybody will trump him.

If I had to pick a second it would be Greg Hardy.
I have been paying a lot of attention to Hardy since the panthers drafted him in the 6th round back in 2010. He was the only pick I liked other than Lafell. I always had a feeling he could be very good based on how big a prospect he was prior to his surgery in 2009. I watched his game against Bama where he completely dominated and I thought he was special.

He has a great attitude for a defensive player and I hope the Panthers find a way to lock him up long term. He also just said he was aiming to get 50 sacks this season. Even though that is an outlandish prediction, you have to love the confidence this man beast has.
TROJANPANTHER

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point it's probably Cam.

That's my Quarterback.

Also he's the most exciting player on the team.

And he has SWAG!

And it's nice to have a QB who can actually have the chance to be a true 'Franchise" QB.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
ericr0319

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my top 5

1. Cam
2. Luke
3. CJ
4. Hardy
5. Tolbert (ive expressed my enormous man love for him more than once).

not a huge fan of smith. hes a punk i think. im not buying his size being a chip on his shoulder. hes been in the league long enough that he gets respect from every corner. he isnt professional, and dances after every first down.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QUESTION #2

In a realistic state of mind, what do you expect the Panthers record to be this year? No answers like, between 6 and 9 wins. Pick a number. I recommend running down the schedule.

I am going to go with 10 wins. The beginning of the season is a favorable one for the Panthers. It comes down to the rough stretch near the end with ATL, SF, NE, and the other divisional matchups.

james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9-7. A lot of people are pegging us between 5 and 7 wins, mainly due to them expecting Cam and our front 7 to decline. I don't think either will happen.

Its the way the Panthers always work. When people don't expect them to do anything, its a good season. When expectations come, so do top 10 draft picks.

Not sure if 9 wins gets us a spot in the playoffs, but at the very least I think we'll be in contention all through the season.
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
my top 5

1. Cam
2. Luke
3. CJ
4. Hardy
5. Tolbert (ive expressed my enormous man love for him more than once).

not a huge fan of smith. hes a punk i think. im not buying his size being a chip on his shoulder. hes been in the league long enough that he gets respect from every corner. he isnt professional, and dances after every first down.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
9-7. A lot of people are pegging us between 5 and 7 wins, mainly due to them expecting Cam and our front 7 to decline. I don't think either will happen.

Its the way the Panthers always work. When people don't expect them to do anything, its a good season. When expectations come, so do top 10 draft picks.

Not sure if 9 wins gets us a spot in the playoffs, but at the very least I think we'll be in contention all through the season.

I agree with this. 9-7 sounds about right.

Zithers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm seeing 8-8

split with the division, bills, jets, dolphins, cardinals i think are for sure wins... vikings and rams are toss ups. win one and lose one.

pretty sure we're gonna lose to the 9ers, hawks, bears, and giants.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
i'm seeing 8-8

split with the division, bills, jets, dolphins, cardinals i think are for sure wins... vikings and rams are toss ups. win one and lose one.

pretty sure we're gonna lose to the 9ers, hawks, bears, and giants.

We don't play Chicago.

TROJANPANTHER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vs. Seattle Seahawks
at Buffalo Bills
vs. New York Giants
Bye
at Arizona Cardinals
at Minnesota Vikings
vs. St. Louis Rams
at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

vs. Atlanta Falcons
at San Francisco 49ers
vs. New England Patriots
at Miami Dolphins
vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
at New Orleans Saints Mercedes-Benz
vs. New York Jets

vs. New Orleans Saints
at Atlanta Falcons

10-6

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: