Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills sign first round pick QB E.J. Manuel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Bills sign first round pick QB E.J. Manuel Reply with quote

Quote:
The #Bills announced quarterback EJ Manuel has signed his rookie contract. One step closer to starting Week 1.

http://twitter.com/NFL_ATL/statuses/345583857204076544
Tom Brady Tribute
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5-year deal. Huzzah, all draft picks signed!
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets hope we get a good 5 years! Don't want to draft another QB for a long time. I Billieve!

BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
Lets hope we get a good 5 years! Don't want to draft another QB for a long time. I Billieve!

Everything I'm reading and hearing is positive for this guy.. I too don't want to draft another QB for a while, looking forward to the Manuel era
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. Now just give Byrd anything he wants.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to have them all signed. I'm actually coming around to Manuel more lately. I've always liked him as a person (at least from what I can tell), and the fact that he wanted to play in Buffalo automatically makes him look better to me, but I still worry about his ability to read defenses and go through his progressions quick enough for the NFL. He seems like the kind of kid that will put in the work though, so I think I'm getting a little more optimistic every day.
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Great to have them all signed. I'm actually coming around to Manuel more lately. I've always liked him as a person (at least from what I can tell), and the fact that he wanted to play in Buffalo automatically makes him look better to me, but I still worry about his ability to read defenses and go through his progressions quick enough for the NFL. He seems like the kind of kid that will put in the work though, so I think I'm getting a little more optimistic every day.

Just saying.... but, Jim Kelly said the same after he was drafted... but admitted after his retirement that Buffalo was the absolutely last place he really wanted to play and he lied after he was drafted.

Did you watch 30 by 30 Elway To Marino?
Tom Brady Tribute
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

Just saying.... but, Jim Kelly said the same after he was drafted... but admitted after his retirement that Buffalo was the absolutely last place he really wanted to play and he lied after he was drafted.

Not exactly, Kelly opted to play in the USFL after he was drafted by the Bills, everyone knew he didn't want to play for Buffalo. When the USFL folded he reluctantly returned to Buffalo. And if you ask him now, he will say it was the best choice for him. He still lives in Buffalo, and is a huge part of the community here.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

Not exactly, Kelly opted to play in the USFL after he was drafted by the Bills, everyone knew he didn't want to play for Buffalo. When the USFL folded he reluctantly returned to Buffalo. And if you ask him now, he will say it was the best choice for him. He still lives in Buffalo, and is a huge part of the community here.

Oh yeah, now he does say that, but at the time after he was drafted [before going to the USFL] during an ESPN interview he said how great it was to be drafted by the Bills and to play in Buffalo, that he's happy with them picking him but really he hated it, it's what he said on "30 by 30 Elway To Marino", that he lied because it's just what you do, you can't say the truth.

Not saying it's the case Manuel of course, just thought I'll mention it.
Tom Brady Tribute
billzz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

while everyone is basing their knowledge on jimbo off espn 30 for 30's it should be considered the Elway to Marino documentary was made at a later time, actually by sports reporters opposed to the UFL documentary. he is more likely to express true emotion to reporters or someone or a occupation he is familiar with, opposed to giving a quick summary.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never saw that 30 for 30, and I never knew Kelly said that after the fact. I always assumed he didn't want to play in Buffalo, and that was why he chose the USFL.

I guess what I'm saying is that EJ didn't have to say that. He could have pulled an Elway, or an Eli Manning, but he didn't. He went up there and said how happy he was that we drafted him. Whether he meant it or not, he went up there and expressed his happiness that he was drafted by the Buffalo Bills. I could be wrong, but I thought I heard that he actually said (sometime prior to the draft) that he wanted to play in Buffalo. Can someone confirm or refute that?
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the 30 for 30 was an excellent piece, until they got to Kelly. Jim talked about how he didn't want to play for Buffalo and that he was devastated when they drafted him. I believe his last quote of the segment was "Would you rather play in Houston, in a dome, or in Buffalo? I'll leave it at that." Then they ended it. It made Buffalo look like a crap place to play and he never got to express what he thinks of Buffalo now. It doesn't help that ESPN loves to make the Bills look like crap.

When I was at Jim Kelly's football camp a while ago, he told us that same story, and he said that he loves Buffalo and it was the best decision of his life. (We all know that)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between EJ now and Jim in 83' is that EJ has been involved with the Bills organization in one way or another for literally his entire life. His godfather is Bruuuuuuuce. So I mean, when the kid says he wants to be here, for once I actually don't doubt him because he knows that Buffalo is a great place to play. Most players just see the losing culture and the cold and think it's crap.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:

I think what he wants is to go to a contender.

TommyC376^^^
DubiDo0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:

I think what he wants is to go to a contender.

This is my biggest fear.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: