Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Okung vs Unger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Better player?
Okung
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
Unger
44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 18

imani

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Okung vs Unger Reply with quote

Settle it.

--------------------------------------------------------

SoS wrote:
As I posted in the other thread, I think Okung is the last truly elite player that we have on this team. Harvin is borderline elite if he plays the way he did in the first half of 2012 and that's pretty much the same with Wilson and Unger.

I know people are very skeptical on Okung just because his prior health, but he's absolutely dominant. I think he's a top 3 player at his position.

union hawk fan wrote:
I went with Okung over Unger because I think he is a better overall player and next year will be the best left tackle in the league.

Meeker wrote:

I'd say Unger is the only true elite player left. Okung is nearly there, but not quite IMO, want to see him play like the 2nd half of last season for a bit longer before I bump him up.

Okung will win though...since he is the LT.

Tooki wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
I'd take Unger. In our offense, he's a better player than Okung. His ability to make all the line calls is also huge.

I agree. He is less replaceable than Okung.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
clubmember

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like its Unger for now. Its close though.

#JDI
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unger in Seattle's ZBS is the better player and more important. His ability to set up the line, help where needed, and get to the second level our all big pieces.

If this question were who is the better NFL player, not who is the better Seahawk (essentially ignoring scheme), I'd pick Okung.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Seattle, Unger is more important. For that (as well as his polished play) I choose him.

I would take a pre-injury Okung without question though. Once he can show that he is past his ankle injuries and penalties, it's a toss-up.
sirensong

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better player… Okung.

Better Seahawk… Thats a toss up, Unger means ALOT to this team.
SoS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make the case that Unger is more valuable to this team, but I don't really think there's any debate that Okung is the better player. Outside of the mental aspect of the game (Okung's false start penalties vs Unger's line-calls), Okung is elite whereas Unger is above average.

Not sure what the genesis of the scheme comments are, but they seem pretty patently false to me. Okung is perfect for the POWER ZBS that we run, whereas Unger severely lacks in the power aspect. And it's not as if Okung is some huge hulk with zero lateral agility that can't handle the actual zone aspect of the scheme. He's one of the better pulling tackles in the league, showing his athleticism out on the perimeter and often making key blocks on the outside for our Lynch and company. I really don't think people understand just how elite he was last season.

When you have a rookie QB, one of the most important things to have is a blindside protector that will make him feel comfortable going through his progressions and developing as a player rather than worrying about defenders pursuing his backside. I can't even explain how invaluable that is and how lucky we are Okung finally stayed healthy for an entire season. So even with what I said in the first sentence, I think Okung is the more valuable of the two players as well.
bobob123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on talent alone it would have to be Okung.. He played at an elite level this year, imo. He started 15 games and only gave up 2 sacks on the year. That's playing at an elite level if you ask me.

But, as far as importance to this offense that vote would have to go to Unger.

The top 5 most important players for this offense would go like this for me:

1. Lynch
2. Wilson
3. Unger
4. Okung
5. Miller - (as a blocker in the running game)

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: