Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers Mount Rushmore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
billybob99


Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 125
Location: Greenville, NC
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billybob99 wrote:
PantherDE90 wrote:
billybob99 wrote:
be honest some of y'all are still salty about the way Peppers left


Originally I was going to put him on there. He's without a doubt one of the best defensive players the Panthers have ever had. However, like others have said he never really loved the Panthers like others did.



1. again i'll repeat this I believe he hated the spotlight not the organization

2. if you played majority of your career in NC you would want a change of scenery too he had his reasons for leaving we should respect them because in his time with the panthers he produced



I remember going to a fan fest in 2008 all you could hear from the fans was "PEPPPERS!!!" every 5 mins and grown [inappropriate/removed] men pushing kids aside just to get his autograph so no I do not blame him for leaving stop hating on him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PantherDE90


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4489
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billybob99 wrote:
billybob99 wrote:
PantherDE90 wrote:
billybob99 wrote:
be honest some of y'all are still salty about the way Peppers left


Originally I was going to put him on there. He's without a doubt one of the best defensive players the Panthers have ever had. However, like others have said he never really loved the Panthers like others did.



1. again i'll repeat this I believe he hated the spotlight not the organization

2. if you played majority of your career in NC you would want a change of scenery too he had his reasons for leaving we should respect them because in his time with the panthers he produced



I remember going to a fan fest in 2008 all you could hear from the fans was "PEPPPERS!!!" every 5 mins and grown [inappropriate/removed] men pushing kids aside just to get his autograph so no I do not blame him for leaving stop hating on him


Well first off, I wasn't "hating on him". I simply said I wouldn't put on a list of basically the best Panthers ever. That doesn't mean skill wise either. I take it as they basically want to be in NC and not anywhere else. Smitty has been in NC all his career and even though there have been times he's wanted to leave and very well could have. He chose to stay. Moose left Carolina but ended up coming back.

1. I'm pretty sure he wasn't to fond of the organization too. He thought the Panthers were holding him back from reaching his full potential (something like that). If he loved the Panthers he would have stayed.

2. Well it depends if I love the team (I do). Like I said look at Smitty and Kasay, they are (were) good enough players to start and get decent money somewhere else. Yet they didn't. Peppers was unwilling to accept any offer the Panthers made. He didn't love the organization period.
_________________

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
billybob99


Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 125
Location: Greenville, NC
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
billybob99 wrote:
billybob99 wrote:
PantherDE90 wrote:
billybob99 wrote:
be honest some of y'all are still salty about the way Peppers left


Originally I was going to put him on there. He's without a doubt one of the best defensive players the Panthers have ever had. However, like others have said he never really loved the Panthers like others did.



1. again i'll repeat this I believe he hated the spotlight not the organization

2. if you played majority of your career in NC you would want a change of scenery too he had his reasons for leaving we should respect them because in his time with the panthers he produced



I remember going to a fan fest in 2008 all you could hear from the fans was "PEPPPERS!!!" every 5 mins and grown [inappropriate/removed] men pushing kids aside just to get his autograph so no I do not blame him for leaving stop hating on him


Well first off, I wasn't "hating on him". I simply said I wouldn't put on a list of basically the best Panthers ever. That doesn't mean skill wise either. I take it as they basically want to be in NC and not anywhere else. Smitty has been in NC all his career and even though there have been times he's wanted to leave and very well could have. He chose to stay. Moose left Carolina but ended up coming back.

1. I'm pretty sure he wasn't to fond of the organization too. He thought the Panthers were holding him back from reaching his full potential (something like that). If he loved the Panthers he would have stayed.

2. Well it depends if I love the team (I do). Like I said look at Smitty and Kasay, they are (were) good enough players to start and get decent money somewhere else. Yet they didn't. Peppers was unwilling to accept any offer the Panthers made. He didn't love the organization period.



Smitty played in cali in highschool and then Utah in college unlike Peppers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
billybob99


Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 125
Location: Greenville, NC
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peppers played high school, college, and pro's in NC about 15 years straight, he is a shy person who doesn't like the spotlight in a smaller market in Carolina which is probably why he moved to a bigger market in Chicago. I acknowledge your points so please acknowledge mine and not let personal feelings get in the way, respect his decision because again he produced when wearing a Panthers jersey, that's all I'm saying guys
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
billybob99


Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 125
Location: Greenville, NC
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billybob99 wrote:
Peppers played high school, college, and pro's in NC about 15 years straight, he is a shy person who doesn't like the spotlight in a smaller market in Carolina which is probably why he moved to a bigger market in Chicago. I acknowledge your points so please acknowledge mine and not let personal feelings get in the way, respect his decision because again he produced when wearing a Panthers jersey, that's all I'm saying guys


that saying in no particular order

Smith
Peppers
Kasay
Minter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
HighPointNCKid


Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 2194
Location: Hampton, VA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billybob99 wrote:
be honest some of y'all are still salty about the way Peppers left

I will admit it with no problem, I hope he blows his knee out in Chicago! I hate him for leaving like he did.
_________________
You're entitled to your opinion, but you're wrong and I hate you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21259
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighPointNCKid wrote:
billybob99 wrote:
be honest some of y'all are still salty about the way Peppers left

I will admit it with no problem, I hope he blows his knee out in Chicago! I hate him for leaving like he did.


Yeah, I'm salty about it because the Panthers bent over backwards for him and as soon as they asked him to be more of a leader on the defense he bailed. He held the team hostage during his franchise year by refusing to sign his tender so that he could be moved.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
panattack86


Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Posts: 804
Location: Rockford,IL
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minter, mills, smitty, j rich or walls

hm: delhomme, fox, moose, rucker, and in a few years cam, beason, and chris gamble.

Those are prob my all time favorites as of today. I think Wesley Walls should find a way on this thing. I still have my youth sam mills jersey. i hope to give it to my future son some day. Guy was an absolute hero to many and a all around good guy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
billybob99


Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 125
Location: Greenville, NC
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:
billybob99 wrote:
be honest some of y'all are still salty about the way Peppers left

I will admit it with no problem, I hope he blows his knee out in Chicago! I hate him for leaving like he did.


Yeah, I'm salty about it because the Panthers bent over backwards for him and as soon as they asked him to be more of a leader on the defense he bailed. He held the team hostage during his franchise year by refusing to sign his tender so that he could be moved.


again for the third time everyone knows he's a shy person and hated the spotlight so when asked that of course he's gonna bail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21259
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billybob99 wrote:
boondock wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:
billybob99 wrote:
be honest some of y'all are still salty about the way Peppers left

I will admit it with no problem, I hope he blows his knee out in Chicago! I hate him for leaving like he did.


Yeah, I'm salty about it because the Panthers bent over backwards for him and as soon as they asked him to be more of a leader on the defense he bailed. He held the team hostage during his franchise year by refusing to sign his tender so that he could be moved.


again for the third time everyone knows he's a shy person and hated the spotlight so when asked that of course he's gonna bail.


When he's asking to be paid what he wanted to be paid, why would you not expect him to be your defensive leader? It has nothing to do about being shy, it has to do with bringing your team together on the field.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PantherDE90


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4489
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
billybob99 wrote:
boondock wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:
billybob99 wrote:
be honest some of y'all are still salty about the way Peppers left

I will admit it with no problem, I hope he blows his knee out in Chicago! I hate him for leaving like he did.


Yeah, I'm salty about it because the Panthers bent over backwards for him and as soon as they asked him to be more of a leader on the defense he bailed. He held the team hostage during his franchise year by refusing to sign his tender so that he could be moved.


again for the third time everyone knows he's a shy person and hated the spotlight so when asked that of course he's gonna bail.


When he's asking to be paid what he wanted to be paid, why would you not expect him to be your defensive leader? It has nothing to do about being shy, it has to do with bringing your team together on the field.


Exactly, getting paid that kind of money entails you do more than just play on the field. If you don't want to be a leader or mentor don't ask for 15-20 mil a year.

And billybob why do you keep defending him? You act like we're personally attacking him or something. Everything said about Peppers has been logical and based on fact. Do you know Peppers personally or something? Or do you have an enormous man crush on him?
_________________

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
billybob99


Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 125
Location: Greenville, NC
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
boondock wrote:
billybob99 wrote:
boondock wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:
billybob99 wrote:
be honest some of y'all are still salty about the way Peppers left

I will admit it with no problem, I hope he blows his knee out in Chicago! I hate him for leaving like he did.


Yeah, I'm salty about it because the Panthers bent over backwards for him and as soon as they asked him to be more of a leader on the defense he bailed. He held the team hostage during his franchise year by refusing to sign his tender so that he could be moved.


again for the third time everyone knows he's a shy person and hated the spotlight so when asked that of course he's gonna bail.


When he's asking to be paid what he wanted to be paid, why would you not expect him to be your defensive leader? It has nothing to do about being shy, it has to do with bringing your team together on the field.


Exactly, getting paid that kind of money entails you do more than just play on the field. If you don't want to be a leader or mentor don't ask for 15-20 mil a year.

And billybob why do you keep defending him? You act like we're personally attacking him or something. Everything said about Peppers has been logical and based on fact. Do you know Peppers personally or something? Or do you have an enormous man crush on him?



I know his family
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ericr0319


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 1051
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is honestly pretty easy if you dont try being cute about it.

Steve Smith
John Kasay
Sam Mills
Julius Peppers
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 24907
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I hate Julius Peppers. What a weak individual.
He is NOT a part of our top 4, regardless of his talents.
These top 4 should be elite players with the charisma and character to lead our team.
John Kasay, clutch, sonsistent, true Panther. Top 4? Yes.
Steve Smith, 89, fierce, leader. Top 4? Yes.
Sam Mills, everything the Panthers stand for. Top 4? Yes.
Julius Peppers, elite talent, faded in big games, left the team for no reason. Top 4? NO.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ericr0319


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 1051
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
Man, I hate Julius Peppers. What a weak individual.
He is NOT a part of our top 4, regardless of his talents.
These top 4 should be elite players with the charisma and character to lead our team.
John Kasay, clutch, sonsistent, true Panther. Top 4? Yes.
Steve Smith, 89, fierce, leader. Top 4? Yes.
Sam Mills, everything the Panthers stand for. Top 4? Yes.
Julius Peppers, elite talent, faded in big games, left the team for no reason. Top 4? NO.


OK just cause SAM MILLS got Cancer doesnt mean he is top 4. That is the only reason any of you have him in there. he played at the end of his career with us.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group