Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Austin Pettis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
81_80_39_28_10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Austin Pettis Reply with quote

Ive read several articles saying that he has looked very good in OTAs. Now obviously he has to continue it in training camp but for example lets say he does do well. Do you start to believe the "hype"? Ive heard about Brandon Gibson doing really well in the past just to see him go flat when the season started. I think Pettis has more physical tools than Gibson though.

Is this another fluke thing like with Gibson or do you think he is really starting to dig into his potential? And really my main question is, just how good can Austin Pettis be at the NFL level?

Thanks Lionsmack for the sig!
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Austin Pettis Reply with quote

81_80_39_28_10 wrote:
Ive read several articles saying that he has looked very good in OTAs. Now obviously he has to continue it in training camp but for example lets say he does do well. Do you start to believe the "hype"? Ive heard about Brandon Gibson doing really well in the past just to see him go flat when the season started. I think Pettis has more physical tools than Gibson though.

Is this another fluke thing like with Gibson or do you think he is really starting to dig into his potential? And really my main question is, just how good can Austin Pettis be at the NFL level?

My personal opinion is that Pettis can contribute as a depth player, because he has decent size and certainly is a hard competitor. However, if we had not been so desperately thin at WR, I beleive he would already have a training camp spot on the Patriots.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pettis does not have better physical tools. I am however a giant fan of Pettis for many reasons and have supported him since his days in HS. What he offers is intelligence, polished routes and reliable hands. That and he is also something that Fisher has always loved-- threat in the red zone. He will never have a major role or big numbers, but he is one of the only players from the Devaney era who is still around and there is a reason for that.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
yrba1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has a pretty good nose for the endzone. Even though they aren't major contributions, he can still put 6 on the scoreboard. If he can build off what he's shown last season, then he may just have a future with us in the long haul.
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pettis hands >>>>> Gibson

But I won't and I refuse to buy into the hype.

MSW tricked me.. That SOB!!!

Next thing you know he took out Bradley's acl.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
iRaMs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Pettis hands >>>>> Gibson

But I won't and I refuse to buy into the hype.

MSW tricked me.. That SOB!!!

Next thing you know he took out Bradley's acl.

We do not speak his name in these hallowed halls.

chris00cm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pettis is no secret. We know who he is. He's a type of guy that can florish in camps because he is big and has good hands. But he lacks the quickness and speed to be a real weapon in the NFL.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like someone pointed out, his ability in the red zone is very good. He doesn't have blow you away speed but he does work hard and is either crazy, stupid, or very tough (see his punt return duties for proof). I wonder what a goal line skill set look like with Stedman, Quick, Cook, and Pettis throw Stacy or Austin the backfield.
RamBill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams WR Austin Pettis Pushing for Bigger Role

By Nick Wagoner

Entering just his third season in the NFL, Austin Pettis finds himself feeling something like an old man when he walks into the meeting room with his fellow receivers.

Following the offseason departures of veteran wideouts Brandon Gibson, Danny Amendola and Steve Smith, the Rams opted to continue their youth movement at the position rather than bring in another veteran who could take valuable repetitions from their youngsters.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Pettis-Pushing-for-Bigger-Role/976909c2-02a8-4599-b86c-c85bfda3ef1c
Ray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Pettis was starting to look pretty good in the red zone late in the season before all the new arsenals came in, but it probably also helped him to train harder, and be more competitive he's got a spot on this team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: